New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Duck has. A problem again  (Read 7859 times)

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: Duck has. A problem again
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »
As Cowboy said, you need to go into the topbox BIOS and assign your HD as the primary.

I don't know what battery you replaced, the topbox motherboard battery may be dead and you've lost all the BIOS info.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here. It can't assign a drive letter to the HD because it is not functional and that is why it is trying to go to a CD which does not have a drive letter because the C: drive (HD) is TKOd I have had this happen to me before. The boot recognized the HD but it does not work so the computer trys to assign drive letters to other devices.
I'm sending Gary a working HD to try.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:15 PM »
Update: typical Reel Touch PIA. :banghead:

Here is what has transpired and I need some ideas, as always progress made but new issues.
This is what I know.
500 series board set.
Top box was having boot problems, battery change did not help, replaced HD with tested working HD.
Unit start up normal now, both top box and bottom displays as expected, until top box would say starting application software followed by comm failure on bottom display.
OK after reviewing chip set they were different than the HDs requirement. Sent new SG and Version chips that match replacement HD. All chips and HD tested in a known good machine, with a 500 series board set, all worked as expected including bonus game.
When these chips were installed in suspect machine normal ram error and jackpot key turns as expected (note machine was not cleared or keyed) The following boot, bottom goes through normal boot sequence ending with "Waiting for the Video Display". Top box goes through it's normal and complete boot ending with "initializing please wait" and that is where it stops. It never gets the handshake from the lower display, it just stays at "waiting for video display" nothing further. Before the correct SG/Version chips were installed it would get "Comm error" now it just stays at waiting for video display with no errors or time out errors it just sits there.
Checked plugs and wiring to top box and mother board new coin batt in top box, 2.96V on MPU.
I'm thinking a Clear may resolve the issue since that was not done after new SG/Version changes. :Scratch-Head: 

While he is waiting for clear chip to arrive do you guys have any other ideas?
SB000523, SG000536, Version VS011GX1 again all tested together with that HD in another machine.

Thanks
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 09:52:14 PM »
Swap or change ram in top box? Also maybe look for bloated caps on the top box CPU

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
I hope that is not the problem, I think the top box is working correctly, it was communicating with the MPU when the wrong chips were in there. Ram is testing and showing correctly on boot. What's your thought on the clear? 

i

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »
Swapping the ram chips on the MPU to each others sockets will force a ram clear, may help, worth a try anyway. Did you have to clear the machine you tested the chips and software set in? Were the circumstances similar in the test case as far as the SG chips being different than what was origionally in there?

As an aftethought, that battery is low at 2.96V. Not critically low, but will get there quick

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
One more thought, does your bios chip match your SB, SG, HD set?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »
Bios match
Test machine did not have different SG and Version.(test machine chips became the doner chips for his machine, I have not reloaded the test board yet)
I thought about having him swapping the ram chips to force clear but the pins are so brittle and I did not want to have him chance damaging them, he will wait for clear chip. 
97 for 500 series correct or will a 224 work here also?
Thanks Cowboy

Rich

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
If it's me I use nothing but 224 on a reel touch. I know they can be finacky but the only one I had a problem with was a Bucks Ahoy and since I got it right it's been nothing but good going on 4 years now. Knock on wood...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 11:04:29 PM »
If 224 will work with 500 series then it will be a 224.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:36 PM »
It will, I use it on all my machines along with a 45 key. Lifting a leg or changing the cmos battery will force a ram clear also

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »
Update (and it's not good) :hissyfit:
OK Cleared the machine (224). No Change, everything is working normally until the final handshake between the top and bottom box.
bottom box runs through it's boot up properly ending with the normal "waiting for video display" the top box boots through it's normal sequence with the final screen "testing for valid CRCs" followed by "initializing please wait" and that is where it stays and never even times out.
If the original SG chips (that are not compatible with the new HD) are installed it goes through the same steps but will eventually get to "Comm Error" on the VFD so to me the top and bottom boxes are communicating. But when you go back to the compatible chip sets it stops at "Initializing please wait" on the top and "waiting for the video display" on the VFD and it will just stay that way (let it sit for over 20 minutes with no change)
To this I say WTF, anybody have any ideas? The HD and chip sets were tested together in one of my machines and work perfect.
504 board, same type 2 bios. Connections to the Mother Board and the top box have been checked. Mother board or power supply have not been changed? Read through the post again tell me what you guys think. This has become a quest to return this machine to service. 

Thanks
Rich

Offline luvreno

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • luvreno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »
Look at Richs post above

Removed  &  reseated plugs on mother board.     No change
Replaced lower power supply.     No change
Left machine on for  2 hrs.          No change

[/size][size=78%]Rich has been helping from start, about the only thing left is try another mpg board  & Mother board   Machine ran perfect but I not turned it on  for 3 months.[/size]

Offline luvreno

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • luvreno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 10:25:26 PM »
Sent Rich my 504 board for him to test,  the board was bad,  This was what was causing my problem.
 Rich was on a Quest to get my Duck back up and running, and it got it fixed.  I cant thank him enough.
I appreciate all the help I got from all the members.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:19:37 AM by qbert »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal