New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin In Jam / Closure M  (Read 22714 times)

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Coin In Jam / Closure M
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »
Hi all,

I recently purchased an IGT Reel Touch Munsters slot machine.  When I purchased it there was an error code of coin-in jam (this is a coinless machine) and closure M.  When I power up the unit it seems to boot correctly including the reels resetting.  However, all of the button lights are illuminated (as if there were credits but the cash and credits say 0)  When I open and close the main door the reels do not reset.

I have tried the following ( I have been using parts from a similar working machine) to make sure I have properly functioning components.

Replaced door I/O board

Replaced main door sensors

Replaced belly door micro switch

Checked all connections

Tried opening and closing the door numerous times

Confirmed plug to former coin comparator was properly by passed.

Removed 15 pin connector to credit display

I don’t know what to do to fix the problem; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Coin In Jam / Closure M
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »
What MPU version do you have in the machine? If it's a 500 series board you may have a corroded varta battery that's damaged the door optics circuit. It's the green 3 cell battery. You may also have a belly door switch that's not making up or bent/faulty pins on the MPU where it plugs into the motherboard. Did you replace both door IO cards? Also, check the voltage on the cmos coin cell battery. Just some things to look at...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »
Rob,
You beat me to it. Should be two door I/O boards.

Munsters Reel Touch ?? Post pictures of game and mpu.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
Where do I find the number on the MPU.  I have attached a photo. 

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
I will check the green battery voltage on the mpu and replace the second door I/O board.  I know next to nothing about slot machines.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »
Where do I find the number on the MPU.  I have attached a photo.

It is what most call a 1270 board .. the number is on the lower left of the MPU. The Varta battery is just to the north of the number.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »
I've had weird problems with those boards in the past and most commonly it ended up being the board wasn't seated well into the motherboard, but still check voltage on that green varta battery and the 2354 coin cell battery

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:12:57 PM »
Thank you so very much for all of the help. I left the mpu board with a co-worker to check the batteries out. I did try the 2nd door I/O board in my frog prince machine and it works fine. I have had issues with the mpu seating well, I sometimes get a netplex down issue and have to reseat the mpu to get rid of it. Is there anything I can do to get the mpu to seat tighter?  Tomorrow I will get the mpu back and try again.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
All I've noticed is that it takes a bit more pressure to get them seated all the way. You m8ght have your friend remove that green battery and the transistor at board location U16. It will eliminate netplex down issues with that board

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 05:50:20 PM »
I checked the batteries and all are good. Replaced both door I/O boards, no change.  I noticed this on initial boot up. Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM :  FAILURE. Also all buttons light up so I cannot access anything   Please Please help it's driving me crazy

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »
If you've checked the mpu is seated well you might try opening the top box cpu and check the voltage on it's memory battery

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 07:42:12 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea where to find it?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 09:06:18 PM »
That battery is in the top box located behind the LCD screen.
Inside that box is a computer board and a coin battery. Remove the top glass and the whole monitor/CPU will swing out, a few Phillips head screws and your in. Before you remove that battery to check the voltage you may want to locate an old style computer keyboard that has a PS2 plug as you will probably need it to save the CMOS bios at the default settings after you pull the battery out to test it.    (keyboard plug is located on the side of the monitor/CPU box.
Also you stated the other batteries tested OK. All over 2.89 volts?
Please snap a picture of your machine if you would as I have never seen a Munsters Reel Touch and would like to see what one looks like.
Thanks
Rich
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:47:07 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
Mpu batteries are at the proper voltage. I did notice that some of my slot machines have little rubber plugs, some in the mpu and some on the ez pay. I enclosed photos.  I am wondering if that is part of the problem? I did run into a ram error this morning and when I reset it I very briefly got a Munsters video clip on the monitor, I have never got that far before. However it was very brief.   I have not checked the top box battery yet.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »
Photos

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Thanks for the picture of the machine that is a nice piece
Plugs not the issue. Did you make sure all the chips on the MPU are seated. If it booted that far it's probably not the top box battery. Did you check for bent pins on the I/O boards when you changed them?
After the RAM error and almost LCD does it still have the initial problem?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 12:38:51 PM »
Thanks for responding. I will recheck the I/O boards again and the chips. The top box battery is low at 2.7 v. I plugged my keyboard into the purple connection but it did nothing?  Should I replace the battery?  I seem to run into netplex down every time I turn the machine off. I reseat the mpu but it takes numerous attempts to get it to seat properly?  Thanks for the kind words on the slot machine

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
I unplugged this and not sure if I plug it to green, blue or pink?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »
It is the sound output for the game plugs into the blue.
You should replace the top box battery. The keyboard is for when you replace that battery, usually the CMOS in the top box loses its memory. When you change the battery with the keyboard plugged in, turn the machine on and hit the delete key on the keyboard a few times. The topbox screen will then go into a bios screen like a regular computer. Press the F key that says load default settings. When the flashing Y comes up to save hit enter and let the machine reboot. You also will not need the keyboard anymore.

Netplex down after the machine has been off usually signifies a bad green battery.  You can replace the battery or if you want to remove it completely you can do that but you must either remove the transistor at U16 or carefully clip the three legs off the U16. By doing this you eliminate the green battery and it's headache.

Have you carefully reseated the daughter card on the MPU and reseated the chips on the daughter card.

Rich

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »
I rechecked I/O boards and replaced the monitor battery. Used the keyboard and entered load fail safe   Now I have this on my screen: Error: MSlave_Setup_SetDriveLetter<>:  GetVolumeNameForVolumeMountPoint failed! Error Code =2.  Below that it has  "MSlave shell program has encountered an unrecoverable error!  Please reinstall the MSlave software!  Error message:  Cannot assign drive letter to the CD-ROM!  I'm lost???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal