New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Advice on what to look for when buying an EM  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Advice on what to look for when buying an EM
« on: May 07, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »
So, I will be going to look at about 10 Bally machines this week. I plan on buying 1 or 2 and the prices range from 3-600'ish per machine. I have chatted with a friend and done some quick research on the 873's, 831's and 809's, but would like to know what to look for. Like, 'DON'T BUY IF ....' type advice on these.

Thanks for any tips!  :cool_thumb_up:

Here's a pic of one I am interested in.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Advice on what to look for when buying an EM
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »
Harvs are any of these machines that will fit your new kit? I don't own any of the EMs, but have been following. A rare bird like that kit is definitely worth having. Just way cool.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 06:12:05 PM »
Harvs are any of these machines that will fit your new kit? I don't own any of the EMs, but have been following. A rare bird like that kit is definitely worth having. Just way cool.

Dave
I don't think there is a Jackpot Only 5 liner there, but will see. I want to grab a couple of these older machines just for a change of pace.

I can't wait to have that kit in a machine working 100%. Funny sh!t!

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
That range is pretty high for my area.  Where are you located?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »
That range is pretty high for my area.  Where are you located?
Chicagoland area. I talked to one guy that had one listed on Craigslist and he wanted $1800 for an 873. I hung up the phone before he finished saying 1800 dol... click.

*Just seen you are in Madison! Thats an hour and a half from me. Happen to have any machines for sale??

Here's the kit I want to match.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
Chicagoland area. I talked to one guy that had one listed on Craigslist and he wanted $1800 for an 873. I hung up the phone before he finished saying 1800 dol... click.

*Just seen you are in Madison! Thats an hour and a half from me. Happen to have any machines for sale??

Yeah, you see some really stupid crap on CL.  I've seen your post on that kit.  It would be a hoot.  Sorry no, I have the $0.05 version of the 873 machine you are looking for though.  IIRC I paid $110 for it at auction a couple of years ago.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Yea your looking for a 873 Bally EM.. Do you have the reel strips to go with that Glass? Looks like a J.P.O. machine.. Stands for Jack pot only  They had usually only 3 symbols on the strips....
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nurbo

• Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:38:08 PM »
Hello,

For me there are only two very important things to check.

1- the transformer must operate (50 volts on orange and yellow / 6 volts on yellow and blue)

2- the hopper must be present and correspond to the machine

Then all the rest is easily repaired.

For machines type 831 or 873, it is also necessary to check that the counting unit at the top is present behind the glass.

IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 03:45:39 AM »
Yea your looking for a 873 Bally EM.. Do you have the reel strips to go with that Glass? Looks like a J.P.O. machine.. Stands for Jack pot only  They had usually only 3 symbols on the strips....
Yep, I am getting the reel strips along with the glass, only has the 3 ladies on them. 25cent 873 JPO machine is what I am looking for.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 03:46:30 AM »
Hello,

For me there are only two very important things to check.

1- the transformer must operate (50 volts on orange and yellow / 6 volts on yellow and blue)

2- the hopper must be present and correspond to the machine

Then all the rest is easily repaired.

For machines type 831 or 873, it is also necessary to check that the counting unit at the top is present behind the glass.
Notes taken. Thank you for the tips!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 03:51:23 AM »
Does denomination make that big a difference on an electro-mechanical?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 03:54:31 AM »
Or with that kit? There's no dollar amounts on wins. Or coin amounts for that matter.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 04:05:01 AM »
Does denomination make that big a difference on an electro-mechanical?
I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind if the only difference is a nickle pops out rather than a quarter, and I think that can be changed easier than going from say a single line machine to 5 line or something crazy.

The Jackpot remains the same, 1 brutal unforgettable hour with my 6th ex-wife Randy 'The Bunny' Harvs. Those memories will be emblazoned onto your soul, eletroconvulsive therapy wouldn't even scratch the surface after that JP!

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 05:04:42 AM »
I don't think so! There's nothing on the glass specifying WHO has to spend the hour with her. Winners choice I would think...

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 05:15:31 AM »
I don't think so! There's nothing on the glass specifying WHO has to spend the hour with her. Winners choice I would think...
If I see anyone near that machine I'm outta there. Not many choices when its just Randy and the JP winner.. And she pays out instantly.  :yes:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 05:17:13 AM »
 :24:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal