New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1493 monator very blurry  (Read 6795 times)

Offline skeets2469

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • skeets2469 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1493 monator very blurry
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »
does the 1493 monitor have a adjustment for blurriness or how can I fix it   please help

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1493 monator very blurry
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
The top knob on the flyback should help with the focus of the screen.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 01:26:12 PM »
Usually means you probably need to have your monitor re-capped.  Some monitors have a Focus adjustment on the flyback transformer that helps, but it is a temporary fix to a declining issue. The blurriness typically means the power is not being regulated properly.  Sometimes as it heats up the picture quality improves, which further verifies the monitor re-capping recommendation.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:33:52 PM »
It can also mean the one of the guns inside the crt has a carbon short or is just wearing out. Is there a predominant red, blue or green hue to the picture? A no answer doesn't rule anything out, but a yes answer indicates a gun problem

Offline skeets2469

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 11:26:57 AM »
ok tried adjustment it didn't do anything. what the best way to go  can it be upgraded to lcd or should this one be fixed  also I live in cali is that going to be a problem too
   thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
What machine is this for a PE+ or a gameking?  I believe Happ sells drop in replacements for either one, they run $350+ though.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:42:01 PM »
does the 1493 monitor have a adjustment for blurriness or how can I fix it   please help

Can you post a photo of your machine with it powered on? I'd like to see it and the bad display you have. Thanks!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline skeets2469

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »
here is some pics

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:08 PM »
Could be caps as mentioned earlier and if you can do it yourself it's cheap. Could also be the flyback is going bad or as I mentioned earlier, a short in the guns inside the neck of the CRT. Unfortunately there is more than one possibility and not being able to sit in front of it on a bench to diagnose it, process of illumination is all we have

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »
The screens colors look good, so I don't think the problem is with the CRT//Monitor unless the yokes not seated tight up against the back of the tube. Now with this being a 1493 Ceronix you might be able to still buy a replacement 1493 chassis at Ceronix.. They still might be doing repairs in the 1493 chassis. I know they are not doing very much if anything with the older 1492 chassis. It might be worth looking at there web sight.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13:34 PM »
Gary, yoke position can affect focus, but it would still be adjustable unless it was almost falling off. In which case the size and orientation of the picture would be screwed up also. A carbon shott across 2 or more guns can cause a mildly to severely blurred picture. As can a weak fly back transforer or bad caps. Or bad voltage regulation, but not so much on that

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »
Gary, yoke position can affect focus, but it would still be adjustable unless it was almost falling off. In which case the size and orientation of the picture would be screwed up also. A carbon shott across 2 or more guns can cause a mildly to severely blurred picture. As can a weak fly back transforer or bad caps. Or bad voltage regulation, but not so much on that

I knew that carbon could cause a dark picture, but not focus... I did see two different 1493 Ceronix chassis at the Ceronix web page.. They have two different ones, here's one https://www.ceronix.com/circuit-boards/89-cpa4107.html  They also still have flybacks at a little over $21.00, They also have the video controller boards for $45.00. That's the board that connects to the neck of the monitor.. i would try contacting Ceronix to see if they are still repairing the 1493 chassis.. They use to run around $50.00 are had a year warranty..
Gary
And remember...

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:21 PM »
Been there, done that...just RECAP it.
Voltages are sagging, poor regulation, screen voltages are way off.
More than likely the tube is GOOD.
You can check them with a good ESR meter, but way better off to "Shotgun" the thing and replace ALL electrolytics.
Flyback and HOT are OK, it's scanning properly.
1> yank monitor out.
2> Connect ground wire to chassis and short High voltage lead at CRT.
3> TAKE PICTURES OF ALL CONNECTIONS.DO NOT MESS WITH SETTINGS ON THE FLYBACK.
4> Remove neck board from tube.
5> Disconnect deflection coils.
6> Disconnect control board and video input, AC power.
7> Take board outside and blow out with forced air.
8> Look at caps, write down values, notice how they are marked on board, which side is + and -.
9> Get a good supply of solderwick, solder, a wet sponge and a nice bright light.
10> Replace the caps, inspect work and carefully reassemble in reverse order.
11> Once AGAIN short high voltage terminal at CRT with wire from screwdriver to ground around the CRT.
12> After rechecking work and connections, fire it up and let it warm up for a few minutes.
13> Unless you have a high voltage probe, leave the adjustment for that ALONE.
14> If you can borrow a Monitor service extension cable GET IT.Set up size,contrast then CAREFULLY adjust focus.
15> Put monitor back in service and hope to hell it last another 15 years...

Offline skeets2469

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
thank you all for your input. very helpful.   was hoping there  would be a little easier solution.does anyone know where I can buy a reconditioned one

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 03:28:40 PM »
Check with Ceronix.. They should still do repairs on the 1493 chassis..
And remember...

Offline skeets2469

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
how hard is it to install a lcd monitor  is it just plug and play?

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 03:16:16 PM »
Mostly "Plug and Play"....
Drop in......slide out old monitor, new one uses old plug. Install new Bezel...
Door mount....remove old monitor,remove old bezel. Install new bezel, bolt monitor into the door.
Now it CAN be a little "tricky" to hold monitor while trying to balance it and put nuts on the ends of screws.
Door mnount will have a flex cable to plug into old socket.
BONUS!!!  you now have a place to store extra 3902/044 shelves!

Kirk

Offline skeets2469

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »
can anybody tell me which lcd monitor I need for the machine pictured in the above post.  there are two different ones on there web site. I tried emailing them I get no response
  thanks

Offline videorepair

• Amusement Machine Tech
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • videorepair New User has no influence.
  • Lee Morris
    • Alamo Game Shop
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »
I just completed a repair of the very same game with the same blurry picture.  It was the flyback transformer.  If you have to turn the focus all the way in one direction and it still won't get there it is usually the focus divider is bad in the flyback.  Also check the purity/color rings on the neck of the tube.  They usually have a marking or glue run across the rings to mark how the factory setup alignment.  If the marks do not line up someone may have "accidentally" moved them, causing poor focus.  The monitor I just did had both of these issues. 
Repairing amusement machines commercially since 1974.  alamogameshop.com

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
I just completed a repair of the very same game with the same blurry picture.  It was the flyback transformer.  If you have to turn the focus all the way in one direction and it still won't get there it is usually the focus divider is bad in the flyback.  Also check the purity/color rings on the neck of the tube.  They usually have a marking or glue run across the rings to mark how the factory setup alignment.  If the marks do not line up someone may have "accidentally" moved them, causing poor focus.  The monitor I just did had both of these issues.
Nice information to know.. If you try contacting Ceronix, I have found it best to call the Parts & Service number listed on there web sight.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal