New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally V1000 Draw Poker - Sound Board Error  (Read 4698 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Bally V1000 Draw Poker - Sound Board Error
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:14:14 AM »
Howdy All,
I picked up a Bally V1000 recently that worked just fine. I decided to put a battery in it, as the one in it was very old & wouldn't charge up [past 1.6. Now I get a Sound Board Error on the screen? I've checked & cleaned all contacts & checked all caps on all boards. Also reseated chips & reseated the ribbon connectors & cleaned the boards with no change. When I do a button clear it shows no sound received, as shown in pics. I also removed the new Nicad battery with no change. Do I need to do to do a ROM Clear on it & does anybody have & know where I can get one? This error is not found in the manual I have. I'm always extra careful with old electronics & their old stiff harnesses etc..  I should of just left it alone, but the battery needed to come out before it staterted to leak as it was very old. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally V1000 Draw Poker - Sound Board Error
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
Have you checked behind the top feature glass for a sound board? Does your manual say anything about having or using a key board to get into the settings? I know you have to have one on the V2000 machines.. They are very hard to find and not cheap when you do find one..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
Hey Gary!
Good to hear from you & I always appreciate your help with my Bally machines. Hope all is well your way.
The sound I/O Board is the top board of the 4 board stack on V1000. There is no top sound board on this version
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:20:09 AM »
check the ribbon cable connections.. I would clean them with a pink eraser.. You might what to look for bad solder joints on the 4th boards IC sockets.. You didn't do anything with the dip switch setting on the board? I would clean the board stacks edge connections too with the eraser..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »
I have already cleaned the ribbon & edge connectors, also the boards & have visually checked solder joints & have tested all CAPs. The I/O sound board visually looks good on both sides. Those ribbons are old & rather hard from age so it might be there, but how would you check them? I would replace the ribbons if they were available, but I can't find them anywhere? You know any place?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »
You can try using a VOM (meter) to check the ribbon cables. Use a needle or a small piece of wire in each end to connect your meter. You could try contacting Larry or Allen at K-Lar to see if they have any ribbon cables. I know they are not testing or repairing any V1000 boards any more, but they might have a few cables. I know someone who might a sound board.

Gary
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:13:42 PM »
A replacement sound board would be great. I think it's the board & just a guess. I had to fiddle with a bit to get the sound working when I first got it. I'll check the ribbons soon, as I have to go get a VOM meter to check them. Let me know on the board. Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:31 PM »
Dan, no luck on my end for a sound board. The person I know doesn't want to sell what he has. I would try posting a WTB ad for your part.. I would also try contacting K-Lar in Vegas. Larry might have a sound board or ribbon cables. Keep me posted..

Gary
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »
Gary,
I checked the ribbons and they were all good. By luck another working machine came up for sale local, so I purchased it to have on hand for spare parts since they are not available. I then took the sound board out of it and put it in the original machine and it cleared the error and works super. With the bad sound board I'm going to change the CAPS to see if that works, but I doubt it.
Thanks for your help
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »
Dan that super.. :applause:  I struck out back here. The person I know that had a board stack didn't want to split it up. You could try swapping any removable eproms from board to board to see if ones bad. If your good with a soldering iron I would try reflowing a bunch of the contact points on the sound board. Some of those IC's get hot and can cause bad solder joints. Did you try contacting K-Lar to see if they had any boards laying around?

Gary
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »
Dan, did you rotate the sound pots a dozen times to get a good  connection?  They do oxidize from age. Or replace them.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »
Gary,
Do you know if the V2000 series 3 board stack uses the same sound board as the V1000
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 09:38:29 AM »
No they are different..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal