New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 922-ZQ Summit not working  (Read 2396 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
922-ZQ Summit not working
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »
The machine lights up and the indicator lights for the PC boards come on, but machine seems to be waiting for a reset.
Pushed the reset buttons and nothing happens.

Basically looking for some info on were start looking and if there might be a mechanical adjustment ( micro switch ) that may be causing the problem. 
Have not cleaned the Beau Plug pins and sockets yet, its been suggested to do so as it may solve the problem.
But in the meantime any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 922-ZQ Summit not working
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »
Hi... I'm not a big Summit fan, I've had a couple.. I do have this information on the red board, (see pic)... It might help you trouble shoot your machine. The picture shows what each circuit is on the board..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »
Thanks for the photo / info. I'm not in to Summit machines, got it for spare parts. But wanted to see if I could get going be for I turn it into salvage.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »
There was or is a person here that has fixed them, and owns at least one. I've heard they not that tough to fix. There are some post on them here and at the old sight. Most of the parts that can be used on Ballys are from the cabinet..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
Thank you for the information. Yes, I was mostly interested in the exterior part as they are in great shape. Also the switches and interior hardware.
Ramegoom is helping me out with the circuit boards. It only cost me a tank of gas and dinner with friends so I would mind putting a little into the machine. Good learning experience as I rather work on the EM machine.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »
Regarding the good board. Ramegoom I will contact you by email.
Photo of what I have is attached.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 02:49:08 PM »
Looking at the picture of your board, I can see a lot of green corrosion on the socketed eproms.. Have you tried removing them and cleaning the legs and sockets?
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
Haven't tried cleaning the legs on the ICs yet. Will give it a try. Is there any type of special solution that works good.
I know Vinegar is a lite acid, but maybe to strong. Please advise.
Thanks for the suggestion. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
I've used white vinegar and a tooth brush to clean up acid. Just rinse with water when finished, then let it air dry for about 24 hrs. I have used my air compressor with the air preasure turned way down to blow off excess water, but I know many say that's a no no..  I've never had a problem.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »
The big worry with using air compressor air to blow water off circuit boards is that fast moving dry air can cause a lot of static electricity. On these humid summer days that isn't likely a problem. But in winter time if indoors where the air is dry it can be unsafe for the board. It's a similar worry to carrying a circuit board in your hands while walking across carpet, especially in the wintertime, static electricity can reach thousands of volts. That's the jolt we sometimes get when grabbing a doorknob after walking on carpet. But conditions can be very variable and it doesn't always happen.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 06:27:18 PM »
Great advise, will try the vinegar and h2o rinse. Plenty of warm weather here in S. Ca. For drying.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 07:38:43 PM »
Here in Michigan I don't have low humidity to worry about and my compressor is in my garage. I only use about 10 psi to blow off the excess water. I have a brass air nozzle with a plastic tube tip. I do not get close to the board when I blow them off. Then I air dry them for 24 hrs
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 08:05:49 PM »
Is it recommended to to pull the chips a few at a time and clean the sockets until the complete board is done?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 08:41:38 PM »
Doing that might quicken the drying for water underneath the chips you removed but I think most people just lay the board out to dry for a day or two, or at least overnight. You could put a fan on low speed to blow air across it to help it dry. At work we had a low heat (warm only) oven we could put boards in but we had to get stuff done on a schedule. 

-EDIT-
Oops, I misread your last question. You can mark the chips with the U number (board chip designator, like U61) then you should be able to get them back into the right socket. That way you can pull them all and clean everything at once. But if you prefer to pull one or two at a time that's ok too. Whatever you're comfortable with. 

When installing a chip always double-check that you have the notch on the chip in the correct position, don't want to get a chip installed backwards. Can also take a photo of the board before removing the chips, so you can look at it later if there is a question. The notch marks the "head" or front end of the chip, pin 1 of the chip is typically the first leg to the left side of the notch. Most boards or sockets will have a similar mark to show you where the chip notch should go. Also it is considered good engineering practice to point all of the chips with notches in the same direction (not always possible on the board layout design), so doing a quick scan of the board will show any chips that are installed wrong. Not all companies do this but many do.

Below are the Summit board photos posted earlier with notes. Notice how all of the chips on the board are oriented so that they have their front end pointed in the same direction (to the left in this photo). A tech can quickly see if a chip is installed wrong. Not all of the chips are socketed but notice that the chip head/front end indicator (small circle near one corner or a notch) shows the front end of the chip and see how the board is also marked with a white notch symbol to get the chips installed right. This is the way a good board design is done, you can look for it on any board, if present it will help make sure the chip gets installed right.

This board layout practice of having all the chips face the same direction reminds me of how traditionally a cemetery has all of its graves, when possible, done in the same direction so that the head is to the west and feet to the east, so that when the body sits up the person faces to the east and to the sunrise to meet his maker.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:07:23 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal