New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Monitor Problem??  (Read 4284 times)

Offline vette6048

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • vette6048 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Monitor Problem??
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
Purchased a Odyssey a few weeks ago and it was working fine. Removed the monitor Monday very carefully and brought monitor and machine into the house. Set everything up and yesterday when I reinstalled the monitor very carefully the monitor came on and after a minute or so the picture jumped a little lost the picture and a very fine line appeared on the middle of the screen and the monitor went complete black. I noticed on the neck of the monitor there is no light on when machine is powered on. My other Odyssey when powered on a light on the neck of the monitor comes on. Everything else works fine on the machine the touchscreen the sound and when you tap the screen you can play a game. I assume I messed something up but I was very gentle in handling of the monitor and reinstalling the monitor. I am not a big fan of messing with monitors as a wrong move and bingo you can wind up on your ass!! Any suggestions on what to check as again I see no light on the neck now when it is powered up.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Monitor Problem??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:41:39 AM »
Sounds like the vertical amp in the monitor died loading down the power supply and not allowing the high voltage flyback to power up all the way in effect not allowing the tube filaments to light up all the way. The filament voltage is generated by the flyback.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:45:57 AM »
Is this  repairable? Should I try and look for another monitor. I don't have a problem parting out the machine only because I know the other parts are good and I might have access to two more working Odysseys. My other Odyssey works fine and the neck on it lights up when powered on.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
who made the monitor?

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »
Monitor was made by Phillips.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 12:54:58 PM »
Good luck, we don't have parts for those but someone on NLG should. Ask around.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »
Thanks for your help. I will check around for the parts or see if someone has a spare monitor for sale.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 08:10:19 PM »
Getting very little light on the neck of the monitor. My other Odyssey I get much more light when it is powered on. I had a TV repairman check the monitor today. According to him he seemed to think the monitor was ok. I asked him about the brightness of the flyback tube on each machine but in his opinion he deemed it ok. I still think its the monitor regardless because I watched the monitor go black and witnessed that fine line across the middle of the screen and the monitor went black. Common sense will tell you when that happens it has to be the monitor. I even changed the video card 3 times today and still no picture. If anybody has a working monitor(Don't need the touchscreen) they want to sell please let me know.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »
You should get hold of Ceronix and see if they have a flat screen replacement.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 06:57:00 AM »
I'll give it a try. If they don't I probably part out and keep some parts for myself and sell some.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »
I plugged the black cable that goes into the video card into my laptop and when I powered everything on nothing came up on the monitor. I tried this once before on my other Odyssey when I had the same problem and whatever was on my laptop screen came up on the monitor so that is how I narrowed it down to a bad video card. I just tried this about 3 times to make sure but no picture on the Odyssey and a very faint light on the flyback neck. I would imagine its a bad monitor. Anybody with any suggestions please chime in or anybody that has a Odyssey that wants to sell their monitor let me know. My only question is how in the heck do you ship this without damage?

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »
On the back of the monitor are their any fuses I should be looking for? If there are where would they be located? This is probably the first thing I should have looked for.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal