New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Railroader Travis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Railroader Travis New User has no influence.
  • Ridin' the Rails, Gamblin', Drinkin' Bourbon
Where do I start?
« on: September 04, 2016, 09:56:36 PM »
Community,

Now that I've gotten into the nitty-gritty of slot owning, I am ready to install a progressive system on my S2000 S+ Game, 3CM Double Double Dollars. It's currently set to a $1.00 game, and I have a 9" flat top.  The current top prize is 8,000 credits or $8,000 dollars, I strongly feel for a $3.00 spin, 8,000 dollars isn't a very good prize, for max bet.   Would the odds of the game need to be changed? I know nothing about progressives, how to set it up, and how it changes gameplay.

I attached a picture of my machine for you.

Slots, Poker, Whiskey, Trains.... Those are the only things I can't do without. Well, of course my family, too.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »
.The easiest is the spectrum it is self contained and all you will need is a key chip to activate it. I see Ohio Gaming has one for sale at a great price. Check the thread under progressive spectrum display for mounting it where the player tracking panel is.

Next type would be Mikhon stand alone type it will require programming via the PSP and you will have to make a cable so you can program via a laptop. It does have the advantage of being able to also display a scrolling message along with the jackpot amount. See this thread for details. Key chip will also be required.
Last and most expensive would be using a con1 or con2i. By using this method you can have many machines all connected and contributing to a single jackpot. Again see this thread for details.

Whichever you choose we can help you with the set up.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »
.The easiest is the spectrum it is self contained and all you will need is a key chip to activate it. I see Ohio Gaming has one for sale at a great price. Check the thread under progressive spectrum display for mounting it where the player tracking panel is.

Next type would be Mikhon stand alone type it will require programming via the PSP and you will have to make a cable so you can program via a laptop. It does have the advantage of being able to also display a scrolling message along with the jackpot amount. See this thread for details. Key chip will also be required.
Last and most expensive would be using a con1 or con2i. By using this method you can have many machines all connected and contributing to a single jackpot. Again see this thread for details.

Whichever you choose we can help you with the set up.

Rich

I'd like to purhcase.  Give me a ring, if you can.  I posted a pic of my machine, will it fit?
Slots, Poker, Whiskey, Trains.... Those are the only things I can't do without. Well, of course my family, too.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
I think people have modified the player tracking bracket below the glass for the display to fit in. There would be some modification of that area required or you can make a box of some type to add the display and candle into. It might be possible that the wiring for the display and candle could go through the current candle harness opening and plugged back in.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
Here is a link to the old site where the spectrum was fit into the player tracking area. (note you will have to remove the spectrum from it's metal enclosure.)
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=762.0
You can do this which looks and works well or try and find a progressive top glass for your game theme and mount it in the normal place.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »
I think people have modified the player tracking bracket below the glass for the display to fit in. There would be some modification of that area required or you can make a box of some type to add the display and candle into. It might be possible that the wiring for the display and candle could go through the current candle harness opening and plugged back in.

This seems more ideal, but I want it to look realistic & clean. To be honest, I don't have a workshop to work and cut metallic parts.  Is there any easier way to install a spectrum board. Even if I made a box to mount the Spectrum with the candle at the top it wouldn't look too clean... I only have cardboard boxes.  Just thinking... Anyone else got any other ideas?  Isn't there a specific part for spectrum displays to mount on top? Being that this is only a 9 inch flat top, there isn't alot of room to have the paytable and an area in the glass for the spectrum board.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »
Many of the conversions look very professional but if you don't have the ability to modify parts maybe you should try and find the top glass that is already set up for progressive.(if they made one)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal