New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV200 - S+ application - V2.40-05 what bills?  (Read 4887 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
DBV200 - S+ application - V2.40-05 what bills?
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:01:09 AM »
got a dbv200 head for my S+ machine - only reason I have a good working transport.   The documentation I got with the head indicated the version is V2.40-05 has flash memory but the list of acceptable bills does not seem to jive with actual acceptance.  Can someone tell me what bills this version is supposed to accept rather than playing the match game? 
NOTE:  do not want to change to a wba etc - just want to know what I can tell my customer the bv will accept.  THank you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:42:28 AM by GOS »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: DBV200 - S+ application - V2.40-05 what bills?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
Do you mean 2.50-04?  Couldn't find a 2.40-05 on JCM's website.  2.50-04:

Accepts $1,$5('03 & older),$10('03 & older),$20('04 & older),$50('88~'01) and $100('88~'01)bills.Includes acceptance of Next Generation $50 bills.(Release September 2004).Accepts bills in four lengthwise directions.Capable of reading JCM specified barcodes.(Id-022B, ID-023B).

You can find firmware info at:

http://am-en.jcmglobal.com/support/downloads/software-information/

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »

the item description on ebay:Accepts $1,$5(1999 & older),
$10(1999 & older),
$20(2002 & older),
$50('1988 to 2001)
$100(1988 t0 2001)
Software Version
V2.40-05

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »
The only thing on JCM's website for 2.40-05 is ID044 (older Bally) and ID004 (CDS).  So if it really has 2.40-05 software in it it will won't accept anything in a S+ machine as it is the wrong protocol. 

Country
Hardware
Stacker
Protocol ID
Version
Checksum
CRC(0000)
CRC(1234)
Released
Date
(More Info)
United States
DBV-200
Head Only
004Bar
2.40-05
344B
Software
United States
DBV-200
LRS
004Bar
2.40-05
FFA3
CBAB
Software
United States
DBV-200
LRS
044WP/045WP
2.40-05
428B
8B87
Software
United States
DBV-200
SH
004Bar
2.40-05
FFA3
CBAB
Software
United States
DBV-200
SH
044WP/045WP
2.40-05
428B
8B87
Software
United States
DBV-200
SU
004Bar
2.40-05
FFA3
CBAB
Software
United States
DBV-200
SU
044WP/045WP
2.40-05
428B
8B87

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 05:56:11 PM »
That was in a nice chart when I cut and pasted it, but I guess it lost it's formatting when it posted.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:57 PM »
i would assume the description on ebay was incorrect as machine accepted a 2003 $1.00 bill that is why i asked the question as to what bills this head would accept.  Will have to play the trial an error method unless the seller comes up with the correct info.. Thank you.
Took a 2013 DOLLAR too - so I have no clue what firmware is on this BV.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:48:21 AM by GOS »

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 07:32:59 AM »
the answer I got is ID023 vs ID022?  the bv head bit switches are all OFF so I have ID023.  So what is the diff or reason for ID022/ID023?   Machine is a S+ using SP1271 type 0 game. 
Haven't tried other bills yet - tried a 2013 dollar and it accepted.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 08:00:51 AM »
Yes, it should be set for ID023 with SP1271.  I believe ID022 is used for PEII+ Video Poker machines and maybe some early S+ program chips.  Since it accepted a bill you know the protocol is correct, but according to JCM's website there wasn't a V2.40-05 software version for ID022/23, so who knows what it has in it?  If it had an EPROM installed you could pull it and look at the hex code for the version number.  Since it's a flash version then you'd have to find someone with the correct equipment to read/program those and might as well have them update it for you.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 08:04:21 AM »
thank you - will just let it go - not worth all the effort - will just use the old tried and true method of trying different bills to find which are acceptable

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 04:30:38 AM »
last comment - I was thought that "SS" on a bill head meant S+  "SG or SH" meant BALLY.  based on the chart provided earlier in this post - the SOFTWARE says it is not S+.   I was told buy the seller that the head is for a BALLY!!!!   So and SS head can be a BALLY depending on the software??  Are the boards the same for SG SH SS.....  then why even mark them? CONFUSED!!!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 05:59:34 AM »
I thought all of the DBV-200 heads are physically pretty much the same, except for the memory being an eprom in a socket or flash memory soldered to the board. So it is the software loaded into them, plus the stacker or transport mechanism that the SS, SG, SH, etc denoted. In general you can take a DBV-200 head and load in the software for your particular machine and it will work ok. But I think I read a posting from Jim at Blueridge some time back that said some DBV-200 do have specific boards for certain machines. So it is a cloudy issue for me.

Here is a page from a JCM DBV-200 manual that sorta explains it and also the DBV-200 manual the page came from:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:22:08 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:47 AM »
 so if I understand correctly - SS on the label does mean anything??  so if the tag identifying the software is missing - and there is FLASH memory - you basically have a mystery unit!!  Over the years when I had SS units that were not working - I would not mess with them - actually dumped them on Ebay. 
Back to the current situation - I left off saying I would try other bills - well nothing works except a 2013 $ bill - ever an 1996 $100 - thought about for a second then spit it out.
Seller said he would exchange for a S+ unit.  Looks like there are hidden issues with BV - can't judge a BV by its label!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »
My guess is that the label was put on there way back when JCM shipped the entire bill validator system (DBV head, transport, stacker) to IGT, Bally, WMS or whoever ordered it for their particular slot machine when the slot machine was new. I think the label mainly pertains to the software installed in the head and what type of stacker the bill validator setup has that the DBV head was originally mated with. So the JCM label did mean something at one time.

Then years later when the heads are removed from old machines and offered for sale the sticker is still on them, even though the heads are often sold alone without the stacker or transport they originally came from JCM with. And somewhere along the way someone could have loaded different software into them but didn't change the original JCM label. People often stick a label on the eprom itself if they load different software, would be nice if that was also done on the flash memory units. It looks like the DBV head you bought came from Spin Inc, if they knew what software or slot machine it was for I'd think they would have included that info but they may have lost track.

If I were to buy a good working DBV-200 head with flash memory I'd try to make sure it already has the software for my machine and that it is the newest/last version software JCM released so it will work with as many bills as possible that are currently in circulation. Otherwise I'll have to send it out to someone for them to load the software I need. Several places do this, such as Ohio Gaming. But if the DBV-200 head has an eprom memory then just about anyone can make an eprom with the right software for my machine.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:30:36 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
got a replacement head from SPIN - the firmware label says V2.33-04-03   when I did the search - I get V2.30A-04-03 - so what firmware do i have?  when I tried the unit in my machine - it would HOLD some bills then spit them out.  I am using sp1146 on a 16mhz board - id023.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal