New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 945-3 Coin accepted light and payout problems  (Read 10376 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 945-3 Coin accepted light and payout problems
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
On the machine I have the small resisror is connected to the right lug on the coil.  Does it matter which lug???
thanks
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »
Bob.  according to the schematic and the other picture posted, the resistors on your unit are identical  to his, so all that is correct.  the orange wire is the 50vac wire.
the coil should pull in all the way, using your finger, can you push the moveable part easily ?  is  there anything obstructing the movement, I have seen the white plastic melt when that coil remained energized for a long period of time. 

last thing, where does the small resistor finally end up , looks like the bottom contact of the switch, where does that wire lead to?   you should remove the 470 ohm 10 watt resistor from the coil, and measure it, also measure the coil, and measure the small resistor as well, if any of the value have changed that would affect the operation of the coil,  are you getting 50 vac to the coil? 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
I have 53v on orange wire.

Large resistor:  meter set at 200: no reading open, meter set at 2000: reading 474
Small resistor:  meter set at 200: no reading open, meter set at 2000: no reading open see pic for both end of small resistor.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:10:06 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »
Bob,  using some test leads, if you apply 50vac (orange wire)  to the coil and apply a direct yellow wire to the other lug on the coil,  will it pull in the way it should?   the two orange wires with the tracer on them, where do they terminate?

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Bob,  using some test leads, if you apply 50vac (orange wire)  to the coil and apply a direct yellow wire to the other lug on the coil,  will it pull in the way it should?   the two orange wires with the tracer on them, where do they terminate?

Jim   
I used the test leads connecting Orange to one leg and Yellow to the other, the coil did pull in all the way.  I also found some junk on the plastic piece from where it had gotten hot, removed it.  The 2 Orange wire with the tracers go back to the hopper beau plug.

I do think the coil needs to be shimmed up a littler because the metal piece has to go a bit past parallel to bottom out on coil.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
Couple of photos for reference on spacing.

So where are you at with the situation? Still arcing and sparking or just not pulling all the way.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:05 AM »
New Coil (G-31-2000) and it works perfectly!!!!
Had a few payouts w/an extra coinn but that seemed to clear up after a few payouts.

thanks to everyone for all the help!
[size=78%]Bob[/size]

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 04:12:18 AM »
Jackpot bell question.

Should the bell ring on every payout?? 

thanks

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2017, 04:34:29 AM »
You either have to follow the wiring on the reals sewing machines pay on every payout some machines the Bell only goes off above 18 coins from the belly goes off on jackpot lockup I myself like to rewire the machine so every time it pays the Bell goes off the reason people have these machines in their home as for the noise they love it some people I put a switch in where they can shut the Bell off I guess it just depends on preference it's easy to add another set of contacts to the payout relay then every time it engages the Bell goes off

Set the machine up for a jackpot see if the Bell goes off then set it up for the next highest pay see if the Bell goes off and work your way down and see where it page and the bell goes off

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal