New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Ulta SLot Super Jackpot 7, tower light  (Read 2790 times)

Offline pugs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pugs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Universal Ulta SLot Super Jackpot 7, tower light
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »
Had issues, replaced the battery and cleaned up the board, it powers normally and the board LED's scroll left to right after a RAM clear. The white light on the tower resets with the reset button but the blue light will not go out. Will this prevent the machine from taking coins, using the service button will allow a credit and the wheels will spins and operate normally, but the blue light will not go out, and when I close up the machine it will not accept coins

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Universal Ulta SLot Super Jackpot 7, tower light
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

Never mind the blue light, what error codes are flashing.

A normal machine may have a brief code 11 at startup and if the door is open a code 50 will flash. When the door is closed and locked a code 51 should flash and the 50 goes away. Also, the INCERT COIN will flash when the door is closed and locked.

It sounds like maybe the mpu is not seeing the door closed and locked. Is there a 50 flashing on the display when the door is closed??

Offline pugs

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

Initial power up I do get an 11, it goes away, the 50 shows up when the door is open, 51 when closed, and yes the Insert Coin light is on after the door is closed

But it will not accept coins, should I maybe be looking at the coin comparator, never had an issue with that before

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »

It's the mpu board. It needs to make better contact to the backplane.

Shut off the machine, open the door and put your thumbs against the white pull tabs on the board. Wiggle it left to right, back and forth while pushing in a little. Don't pull it out. Restart and try again. It's an art form I guess, after awhile you figure it out.

This happens to me once in awhile when moving machines or replacing the board. The Ultras are very touchy.

Let me know how it goes.

Jim

Offline pugs

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »

Sorry just getting back, I did clean up the connectors and re-seat the board which seemed to work, with the door open and all of the tampers closed, the Insert Coin light blinks, I can drop three coins in and get 3 credits, spin the wheels no issues, seems to be working, a few lights out but I believe they need replacement anyways.

What happens now though is when I shut the door, the Insert Coins light flashes the coins drop into the hopper but do not register a credit, if I open the door, close all the tampers and drop a coin it works just fine, it does not seem to register a credit with the door closed?

Getting a lot closer though

Thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »

Reseat that big grey ribbon cable in the door.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »

You could also try removing reel #1 and the sound amp box to gain access to the backplane and then try reversing the ribbon cable. (put what was in front to the back)

Sounds like cable problem as closing the door moves the cable.

Offline pugs

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »

Attempted the reverse the cable and everything else I could think of, but I still have the problem, the machine takes quarters and gives credits when the door is open, but when closed the coins drop straight to the hopper no credit

I tried to slowly close the door to see when it fails, when its almost closed the coins drop straight through, I open it about 2 inches it works, I also attempted to move the ribbon cable around to see if I could see an issue it does not seem to move

Ideas???

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »

Ok, let us get a little more detailed. Your saying "all the tampers closed". What exactly do you mean by tampers?

Several questions;
1. Does you door actually lock or do you have the door optic blocked?
2. When you open the door do you get error 50?
3. When you close and "maybe"lock (depends on question #1) the door do you then get error code 51?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:14 AM »

Here is a typical Ultra Series startup scenario.

-Open door to machine.
-Turn on power.
-Maybe initial short TILT with maybe a code 11 blinking once or twice, quickly goes away. (code 11 low voltage from power supply)
-For sure code 13 and code 50 blinking with audible alarm. (code 13 is power up, code 50 is door open and/or unlocked)
-Close door and lock (or lock removed and door lock optic permanently blocked)
-Error 50 now goes away and is replaced by code 51, code 13 also still blinking. (code 51 is door was opened and/or unlocked, now seen as closed and locked)
-Incert Coin light should now be blinking. (Unless max bet was made before last shutdown)
-Machine should accept and count coins.   

If all the above is true and machine does not count coins accepted, but does count the coins played with door open, (white Cherry Switches in (or all the way out), and door lock optic blocked), than the ribbon cable is the prime suspect as it is the only moving part besides the hinges, cash door cherry switch wiring, and lower light wiring when the door is swung open or shut. The ribbon cable carries all connections to the coin comparator.
When the door is closed the cable folds in the front by the door, when the door is opened the cable is straightened. Reversing the cable changes which end is folded and should have changed the way the machine behaved, either working all the time or failing all the time. But you say you have the same scenario, only works with door open and "tampers" (I think you mean Cherry switches and door lock) closed.  :Scratch-Head:

So...... is there any other error codes popping up?
Where the comparator wiring attaches the green door board, remove it and reseat it, make sure it is locked in. Make sure the ribbon cable is locked in both top and bottom.
Other than that I would say get a replacement ribbon cable. The comparator is obviously working as it works with door open. The MPU allows the comparator to have power when the door is seen closed and locked. IF you have a code 51 and insert coin light flashing then the MPU is satisfied and coins should be counted.

Offline pugs

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
After much seating and re-seating cables and boards the machine is working great, due to space (wife) I need to sell, it's a 1996 Universal Super Jackpot 7, it's the Ultra series with lighted wheels and louder speaker, Not sure on the value of the machine, not much online, any help appreciated, thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »

On your game there are a couple of hidden features.  :propeller:
The first is called "The reach feature". This is when two 7's are hit in reels #1 and #2 the third reel spins longer with added music. This feature hits about one in four times when two 7's are hit.

The second is my favorite! It is called "Super Reach". Only available on Super Jackpot 7's, this feature happens about once in 12 (if I remember correctly??) times two 7's are hit in reels 1 & 2. The third reel goes at half speed and cool music plays until the third reel stops. Also believe the feature hits more often when the third reel lands on a 7 for a win, but less often when it is not a win.

To turn on these features do this;
1. With machine on, open door and press the green test button 14 times. You will see the win meter increment to 14 as you push the button and then return to zero.
2. Press the SPIN button twice.(the win meter increments to 2) (credit meter shows four zeros)
3. Press the MAX BET button once. (the credit meter shows four 1's) (you have now turned on the reach feature)
4. Press the BET ONE button once. (you have changed pages, the coins played meter shows a 1)
5. Press the SPIN button once. (win meter increments to 1)
6. Press the BET ONE button once. (credit meter goes from four zeros to four 1's) (you have turned on Super Reach)
7. Close door and enjoy your new features!!!

If you ever perform a RAM clear these features will be turned off. Need to turn them back on if you want them.

Here is a link to all features; http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=511.0

Now as far as your machine's worth. It's whatever you get for it. They are finicky machines and little to no parts available. Both negatives. I usually see them sell from $250-$350. But that was back when some parts were available.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal