New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Winning Streak 40xx Dotmation Bill Validator repair help / updated  (Read 3998 times)

Offline jmonium

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jmonium New User has no influence.
  • NLG
UPDATED
I bought a new 200 head with IDO 44 P/045P V2.70 -05 still same problem occurs the bill acceptor is getting power i ran a different 12v power supply to the changer it still restarts the machine

[/size]hello i was wondering if someone can help me with this WMS

[/size]winning streak dotmation bill validator it doesnt work just ejects bills and resets the machine i took some pictures

[/size]or maybe this one will work it hasn't worked since i got it it

[/size]was an experience piece and repaired the power supply thanks to
[/size]please download the video under the bottom pic  that shows the problem i recorded it  :Take_a_Photo:
[/size]this site and a great tutorial on this site! thank you :thank_you:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:04:35 PM by jmonium »

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: WMS Winning Streak 40xx Dotmation Bill Validator help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
Need a DBV 200 just to take all bills EXCEPT the new 100.

Offline jmonium

• NLG

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »
no, that one won't work in your machine!  you need a SH model 200 head with IDO 044  software.   I believe the IDO is the same for Bally and Williams. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:07:37 PM »
If it isn't flashed and has a chip, I think you can just put the upgraded WMS 40X chip in. This is only supported up to the new 5s, so you cannot use the NEW 100s.....Several people have those upgrades available.

Offline jmonium

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
can you point me in the right direction cash in hand  :thank_you:

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
If you are looking for the upgraded chip, me....or RB (Ron), he's a good guy.

Offline jmonium

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 03:21:16 PM »
as soon as i fix its still not working just resets it id love for it to work
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:31:13 AM by jmonium »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: WMS Winning Streak 40xx Dotmation Bill Validator repair help
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »
as soon as i fix its still not working just resets it id love for it to work

I'm not understanding what this last post means, can you explain it better?  If your DBV is not pulling in a bill that is one problem. If it pulls in the bill but then rejects it back to you that is a different problem. You will need to explain things well enough for us to know what is going on. When having bill validator problems it is best to only use $1 bills for testing purposes. All other bills have been redesigned and could be part of the reason your DBV does not accept them.

As mentioned earlier, your bill validator is an old DBV-145, you would be much better off to get a DBV-200 head. It should install right where the old DBV-145 is now. If you find a good working DBV-200 that is the eprom style (instead of the flash rom style) you can easily replace the eprom with an updated one compatible with WMS machines, that will allow operation with most of the bills currently in circulation.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jmonium

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
the video shows the problem maybe i need a new board or some settings or something i can take it apart easily

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
I didn't notice that you had posted a video, the link is under those photos and my eyes skipped over it I guess. Anyway, the video looks like you are inserting a $1 bill, the bill validator pulls in the bill and then rejects it a few seconds later. This can possibly happen for a variety of reasons, here are some I can think of:

1) accepting the bill would put the machine over the credit limit that the machine is setup for
2) the bill is in bad shape and not able to be read by the DBV to verify it
3) the optics inside the DBV are dirty
4) you may be inserting the bill the wrong way, the DBV-145 only has "one-way" insertion, try turning the bill around but still face-up
5) the DBV can be setup to reject certain bills, it may be set to reject the $1
6) the machine can be set to only accept certain denom bills, it may have any or all bills set to get rejected

Maybe other folks can add to this or further explain the details or correct any I got wrong. If one of these reasons above is something that can be easily changed, like a setting in the slot machine, then your DBV-145 may start working ok with $1 bills. Have you gone into the diagnostics/setup menu on your machine and checked its settings? It may have something set wrong that is keeping the bill validator from accepting a bill. For example, menu choice Series 6, Sequence 2 lets you set what bills the machine will accept and which ones it won't accept.

On the bottom of your DBV-145, I think all of your dipswitches are set correctly, but I'm not 100% sure about dipswitch #8. You have it set to ON, that is probably correct but I'm not sure.

Here is some info I found at the JCM website for the software version inside your DBV-145 eprom:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:08:03 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jmonium

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »
i set the denomination to on on all bills i found the setting it still resets the machine maybe if i just swap the head will it fix the problem?

my settings are as follows

door oPEn
SAS on 0
Addr 000 0
Snd 1 020 0
Snd 2 020 0
Snd 3 020 0
LooP inF 0
SPEEd SLo
crED on o
10 0    1
9       2
8.8.8.8.8. 8.8.8.8.8. 8.
00000 counts from 1 to 8
0        3
5 dAT 5 .00 SOUND 4.01 jUR nJERSY 5 Re1  5 00  5 sys 5.00
SEcur  0 /JPr Set 1 06 /1000 0000 6/0000 0011 6/ 40 0 0 25 6/stnd 6/
1  on
HoPr 0500 7
PArt 0500 8
Id nuLL 9
LEVEL nuLL 9
LAmP r2 c3 0 to 1
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:12:37 PM by jmonium »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
jmonium,

your pm inbox is full, you need to delete some messages in order to receive any new ones. There is a limit of 10 messages that can be stored in your inbox (unless you become a contributing NLG member).

Offline jmonium

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »

I bought a new 200 head with IDO 44 P/045P V2.70 -05 from a trusted dealer and still a no go the bill acceptor is getting power i ran a different 12v power supply to the changer it still restarts the machine
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:05:01 PM by jmonium »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal