New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: value of this bally lowboy?  (Read 5573 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
value of this bally lowboy?
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »
a guy wants to trade me a bally lowboy. it not working, it blows a fuse, but he says it has value working. can anyone tell my what to expect to get for it if i got it working and someday sold it?  i'll post pics in a reply, they never seem to go thru in my orig posts.

thanks

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: value of this bally lowboy?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
cant post pics, i always get fatal error
ill post a link

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »
pics

(pics added by mod, link removed) sts
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:03:01 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline jimliner

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »
I had an error loading pics.  Cant remember name.  Used a simple photo resizer and made size smaller had no more problems. 

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
let try this

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
i was using gimp to resize, but picresize.com did the trick, and free.  the pic made it thru

Offline jimliner

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »
Glad you got the pics coming through.  Nice looking machine, is it parts complete?  Don't see the reel mech.   

Price is what's someone is willing to pay and the shape it's in.  Does it work consistently, and clean.   I know that you said it's popping a fuse right now.   Short somewhere. 

$300-500 is my estimate.   Working. 

Just my thoughts, others will share their thoughts too.

Is there something the person wants in trade already?

Jim

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 05:57:22 PM »
im thinking the same, that it isnt worth much.  he said he has a friend out of state( i'm in NY)  that said its worth well  over a grand because its a lowboy. i doubted it, but absolutely defer to the opinion of this group.   i have a nothing special 1960's  jennings mechanical  that needs  work, and he wanted to trade.  the bally isnt working, it pops a fuse and will probably be a tough thing to find.  if i thought it had value and was worth the jennings and a lot of my time,  then yeah, id take a gamble and go for it.  if i get a bunch of replies saying 5-6 hundred working, then its no go.

thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »
If it is as valuable as your friend thinks it is then he'd have no problem selling it like it is (non-working). A lot depends on which part of the country the machine is located in and the amount of interest locally. If you have to ship a machine to a buyer then the shipping cost often nixes the sale.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

I don't see any reels and can I assume that's the correct hopper on the top? also its missing the data plate below

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
what fuse (amp size) is it blowing? It could be a shorted light socket, (coin bowl) lights tend to ground out.. Could have a bad light ballast, or power cord.. I bought a 5 reel E-Series a couple years back..  Seller said it just quit working.. Reason was that the hot and common wires on the power cord were broken and shorted under the machine.. :duh: New power cord and a good cleaning brought it back to life, and still in my collection..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
it blows the 50 volts, 3 amp fuse.  there are no visibly burned coils. i know the guypulled out his hair trying to find the short and has given up.    that is the hopper on top, the reels are on a shelf.  il'l take a pic of the reels and post, if that helps.

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:16:14 PM »
anyone have a 955 schematic, or know where to get one?  i downloaded a manual, and it has block diagrams, but no schematic.  no sense in thinking of getting it if i cant find a schematic.

thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »
There might be drawings or schematics in the NLG download files area, you'd need to kick in a few bucks to support the site to get access. Since you are a regular user now going on 300 posts maybe you could make it official and join up if not already a contributing member, help the site? (disregard if you've already done this, but since there is no "badge" below your username it's not possible to know)
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
ive kicked in about 50 bucks so far, but i think its time to just get on the monthly plan.  i'm on it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 10:25:27 PM »
Looks like they got your "badge" added showing you are a contributing member, good to see it and thanks for your contributions! Were you able to find the needed drawings in the NLG download area? I'm not sure those older EM's had a specific manual, in many cases the Bally manuals covered a whole range of models.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
If it's blowing the 50v 3 amp fuse, I would start by pulling everything I could from the machine, reels, hopper, then see if it blows.. You could invest if the newer curcuit breaker that fits the fuse holder. That way your not throwing money away on fuses. I would then try powering up the machine as just the cabinet. If that's good then try the reel assembly and so on. You can also unplug the door wiring at the 2 Molex plugs on the door. You could have a couple broken wires going to the door where the wires bend. Another place the check is the wiring in the back right corner of the reel shelf and by the handle release coil. Heck there could even be a beau plug connector pushed half way out and grounding on the cabinet.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
What Amechanic said. Pull all the units out and unplug the door molex plug.
Check the wires that rub the metal door jam near the top hinge.
Energize the machine, to see if it blows the fuse in the striped down state.
If not add componets back one at a time. Do the door last with the machine off.
Also keep yourself well insulated from metal parts and concret floors.
Would it be possible to post a photo of the inside.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 05:36:35 AM »
Puck:

I am in NY also.  There are not many of us EM collectors that I know of in the North East and NY specifically.   Since that game seems to be missing major components, reels, I dont think its worth much, even here.  Perhaps the low boys are more desirable.  Not to me.  There is a guy in NY that has about 20 of those games WORKING that can be had for only a few hundred bucks. 

Unless you are looking for a project to work on that game would not have more that $50 in barter power with me.

My 2 cents

Ra 

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
i have all the parts,  the hopper and reels are out so i could move it easier.  im still on the fence with it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal