New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally's Pro Series 5500 83F error / No Lithium Battery?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline jhoward

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhoward New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally's Pro Series 5500 83F error / No Lithium Battery?
« on: March 03, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »

Hello folks; I am in need of assistance and you all appear to be the best place to go for it after reading through the posts. I have found posts that closely correspond my issue but it doesn't appear to help with my exact issue.

I have a Bally's Pro Series 5500 Red White and Blue Slot.  I've had this machine for about 15 years and it has worked pretty well, no real issues.
It is currently showing the 83 F error code. (Indicating a SAFERAM and battery error) I had done a full SafeRAM Clear using the JW10 SAFERAM Jumper to no avail (no apparent need for Clear EPROMS on this machine). At the same time I was reading in my Helpful hints pamphlet provided by the seller about the Lithium Battery Circuit Enable process as well and as I am reading it mentions enabling the Battery circuit at JW12 when receiving the machine (again I've had the machine for 15 years) When I look at JW12 on the board all I see is an empty space where the circuit would appear to be and behind that an empty space on the board where a battery and battery circuit would appear to be.... I have included photos.

Am I totally going down the wrong road here?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally's Pro Series 5500 83F error / No Lithium Battery?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
It could be someone soldered a JW12 jumper on the bottom of the board.
You could use a Ohm meter to see if it is shorted.
You should take the board off of the metal tray and investigate the bottom.
You will always get a 83F if there is no battery on the board.
I don't see one in your pictures.
It needs a 1/2 AA 3.6V Lithium battery, then you can clear the board.
After clearing leave the door open until the reels do their dance and bump.
You should then see a 50 code meaning door is open.
If nothing still happens you could send it to our shop and we can test it on our tester.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »
Here is the same issue a NLG member had -  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11121.40 

Offline jhoward

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:34 AM »

Thank you both so much!
Holy crap am I excited now. I read through the previous post that Sunrise provided and it seems like the exact same issue and the owner was able to fix with a jumper at JW12.  Badbaud; I did look and there isn't a jumper on top or bottom of the board at JW12.

Questions Can a "jumper just be a length of wire? or should it be like the jumper at JW10 (SRAM CLR) If the later do I need to melt the solder that exists out so that the holes are exposed? Ok fully disclosure I have never worked on a circuit board in my life lol
Should I be read a bit on "how to add a jumper to a circuit board" before I continue; is this something I can do with a magnifier and a 25 Watt Soldering Iron?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
A wire across would work, not to much time with the heat though there are some delicate traces in the area.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:50:50 AM »
If you look closely there is many jumpers on the board.  On your board there is some jumpers that are mounted on 1 pin only.  These are not jumping the pins. You can use one of those jumpers and not have to solder the pins.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 12:20:14 PM »
It may have been a optical delusion but I didn't see a jumper to jump to in the picture.

Offline jhoward

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »

Ok well crap...., so I think I burned the end of the "trace" off (Is that what you call the light green fibers on the board?)
So I guess I am searching for a new MPU Board now! lol. I should have sent it to a professional like yourselves for fixing.

p.s. BadBaud, I attached another pic that shows (Rectangle w 2 pins just below "BATT" text) where I was trying to add the jumper.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
You don't need a new board. Just send it to the shop and we can get it going. I have PC jumpers and can add one where needed along with the jumper (we have about 3000 jumpers in stock).

Offline jhoward

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »
Really!... you can fix it even though I burned or broke one of the light green fibers "tracer" on the board?
If so let me know how I go about sending it to you and I will do it!

p.s. I thought I should mention that when I tried to add the wire "jumper" I did it on the backside of the board. That is where I damaged the tracer.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:38:31 PM by jhoward »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Call me tomorrow after 10AM PST at 702-363-9998 or PM me for details on shipping.

Offline mateo107

• Reputation Power: 6
  • mateo107 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »
Really!... you can fix it even though I burned or broke one of the light green fibers "tracer" on the board?
If so let me know how I go about sending it to you and I will do it!

p.s. I thought I should mention that when I tried to add the wire "jumper" I did it on the backside of the board. That is where I damaged the tracer.
Thanks!

I did something very similar when I tried to repair my board, that was already damaged before I got it.

I was able to fix it too, but basically making a jumper on the underside.  If you're located near New England, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it for you, gratis.  I'm in MA but often in CT, RI, VT too.

Or you can ship it to me, zip code 01521 and I too can have it back to you in relatively short order.

Good luck.

PS: my previous post: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14397.0

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
The board was fixed.
Some one had put in "smart" battery modules below the RAM chips and removed the battery and battery jumper.
Worked until the batteries inside the modules died.

I added a battery jumper, removed the modules, installed a battery. and repaired the broken trace.

Board worked fine.

Offline mateo107

• Reputation Power: 6
  • mateo107 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
oh - nice.

Sorry - I just now noticed when you posted that- it was quite a while ago.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal