New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 39789 times)

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:18 AM »
I see initializing please wait, what is the vfd display reading?

Jim, do you agree everything looks normal on the monitor? And the MPU gets all the way to "waiting on video display". Next step would be "MS Verify: app start" on VFD. That's the moment we lose something....
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2017, 04:15:06 AM »
My long shot is looking better. MPU or wiring.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2017, 05:25:26 AM »
The J3 checked from monitor to motherboard Looks like the motherboard was changed as there was a spare one So what other wiring? And CPu?  Replaced the power supply as machine was dead initially

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »
You checked all of the pins in the plugs and verified continuity of the harness wire?
You said the other MPU had the classic door MB problem that's probably why it was there. What about this one I'm starting to believe you need to change it out .
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:09 AM »
Checked pins J3 The other CPU had ftied U67 haven't swapped out the motherboards as i believe that was ddone

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:52 AM »
I do not believe it's the motherboard.  CPU is suspect if you ohmed out the harness. Did you check for a bent pin on the MPU plugs

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2017, 07:14:38 AM »
I only checked j3 Cpu pins good Conn to mb good

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »
Yes it looks like it's booting normal, just won't finish. I know there are 2 different mb for s2k. Think the one for vision is printed video/??.  When he talked about j2 and j3 being in the wrong order, that's the difference between the boards. I'm still in Los Angeles, will be home Friday night
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »
It must be checked out in a vision machine read my earlier post about a long shot. I have a CPU that works perfect in a regular S2000 three, four or five reel machine but it will not work in a Reel Touch or vision machine it does the same thing as this one is doing.
I thought I had the only CPU that did this but maybe this is a failure mode that occurs.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
i am back from my trip and eager to get this thing working - while i was away I asked Paul at spin if there are different cpu for vision and s2000
answer
  Yes thet are 765105xx and 755127xx

The 105 is older type. The 127 is the 044 version

so the cpu i have in the machine now 75510502 the spare board with the fried u67 75510504
so i assume the 765105xx paul mentioned is a typo. What about the U52? 32828122 H2 on the old board and 328002100 on the current board

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2017, 01:13:41 PM »
They are referring to the 500 series boards like 502 and 504 when he says 765105xx.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
i am back from my trip and eager to get this thing working - while i was away I asked Paul at spin if there are different cpu for vision and s2000
answer
  Yes thet are 765105xx and 755127xx

The 105 is older type. The 127 is the 044 version

so the cpu i have in the machine now 75510502 the spare board with the fried u67 75510504
so i assume the 765105xx paul mentioned is a typo. What about the U52? 32828122 H2 on the old board and 328002100 on the current board
None of my visions have a 1270 (7551270) board. As stated previously, 765105xx, the xx is either 02 or 04. Mine are 02's. The 7551270, for example, is an enhanced board which requires a daughter board for the software. I have NO experience using an enhanced board on a Vision machine. I'm not saying that it won't work, just that I have never used it for Vision. My advise is to see if you can get your hands on a 504 (76510504). A 502 will work fine as well and will probably be cheaper. They can be know for noise throught speakers while reels are spinning. If someone else knows about running an enhanced board in a vision, please chime in.
**NOTE**
I still consider myself new to this hobby so please excuse me if I'm wrong. Isn't an 044 board for Game King/I-Game and NOT the same as 1270? Hell, I own both and there are obvious differences (not even mentioning the assy # on the board being different). So why does Spin call a 1270 an 044?? Enlighten me, please.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »
the cpu boards that I have - assuming the one that is damaged was the original cpu 75510502 - here are the differences that I see
jumpers from REEL1 to D705
                     REEL2 to D711
                     REEL3 to D717
                     REEL4 to D723
                     REEL5 to D729
                     D3 to E23
these are the obvious differences.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »
What city and state are you in. Maybe a member is close by and can test your chips and software. It is really leaning toward you needing a new 502 or 504 board.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
the cpu boards that I have - assuming the one that is damaged was the original cpu 75510502 - here are the differences that I see
jumpers from REEL1 to D705
                     REEL2 to D711
                     REEL3 to D717
                     REEL4 to D723
                     REEL5 to D729
                     D3 to E23
these are the obvious differences.

The jumpers on the 504 board is normal. I can't tell you why, just something they did to those boards. There is a RevA and a RevB on the 504 board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2017, 06:28:35 PM »
Is this what you are talking about?

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »
no power supply where power corr attaches - this is the picture of the power supply - the grey wiring mentioned are located on the front of the p/s to the right of the ribbon cable - 3 grey wires with traces.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:26:37 AM by GOS »

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2017, 02:07:35 PM »
That would not have been my diagnosis since everything is powering up. Did they say your mpu tested good?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
I had one once where those wires were not plugged in. The plug was in the wiring harness and after finding it all was good.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »
Well, I'll be dambed! I unplugged the grey wires in one of my Visions and low and behold, exact same symptom. I'll be making a mental note if that's all is was. :nerd:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal