New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 39772 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
don't have that luxury - only s2000 i got and want - will try the other cpu. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »
Like I said it's a long shot. If you have another CPU it won't hurt to try it. I still believe its a connection problem somewhere between the video monitor and the CPU. Make sure one of the wires in the plugs did not slip back and is not making a good connection. Also make sure one of the pins on the video unit connector didn't slip back either.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
i checked all the pins - my concern is that fact the j2 and j3 were reversed.  will try the other cpu - have to remove the varta battery and see if the other battery is any good

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »
If my memory serves me right they are both neplex connections it shouldn't matter if they were reversed however have you gone back into the I/O tests and tried to cfg neplex since you made that change?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »
The other board wouldn't sense door optics so no luck there No I didn't try to access test don't know how
the other board had a fried U67 IC which i didn't see when i removed the varta battery - so that board is toast.
will look into running the io tests
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:59:09 AM by GOS »

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2017, 04:37:15 AM »
at this point i have chased down all the wiring - so the issue must be in one of the boards/modules - is it worth trying a clear?  Here is the CPU board I have.  I am still trying to get a video download so i can view frame by frame to see if there is an error message I haven't seen yet.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2017, 05:24:28 AM »
I looked at your video pretty much fram by frame and all looks normal (same as my visions). I really think there is a break in communication, be it a connection or the MPU board itself (or MB for that matter). Speaking of the board, remove that green varta battery and inspect for damage. Just so I'm clear, does the netplex harness go from the top monitor directly to the motherboard uninterupted? Mine go one of two ways: from the top monitor to the distribution board, then down to the MB, or from the monitor to a 3X3 molex, then to the MB. It usually depends on whether or not there is a printer in the top box. No printer, no need for distribution board as far as Netplex goes. If it goes though a connector, disconnect it and be sure that all pins are secure in the connector. It's rare but I've seen them get pushed out the back. If it goes through the distribution board, remove it and check continuity across the netplex connectors with a volt ohm meter. I know you may have done all of that but I just want to make sure we eliminate all wired connections before we go telling you to buy a board. Heck, I'm out of spares or I'd send you one. Good luck, fingers crossed. Ian
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2017, 06:44:23 AM »
Ian - I thought I had a lot of time on my hands - appreciate all the help - didn't check the varta battery (visually it looked god - so I didn't go deeper)
The J3 Netplex connection from the Video to the MB - passes thru a connection - top box to bottom box - no distribution board - the continuity goes thru to the MB - don't know if you read my earlier posting - the J3 at the MB was reversed with the J2 at the MB.  After i corrected still no change.  Lastly - sometimes I end up with all the buttons lit on the door panel - other times not.   Also, I believe the MB was swapped out as was the CPU but the cpu is damaged (has a fried U67).   Will go back and check and remove the varta battery.

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 06:54:43 AM »
The netplex connections being swapped should not make a difference. Rich had mentioned that you may have to re config netplex devices but in my head I can't see how to do that until the machine boots completely. He may be right about the board if all you continuity tests are good. I think I can get you one pretty cheap. I just need to find the time to run up to my buddy's shop. I need to go pick up a Game King for a friend so it'd be a good time to pick up a few boards. I'll let you know. Ian

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 07:11:55 AM »
I would tend to believe there has to be communication between the top box and MPU or the MPU wouldn't be waiting for the top box to start. It knows it's there and not running. Did you ever check to see if there are RAM chips in the top box? Could you possibly send your top box to someone with a vision machine to try it and verify it works?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2017, 07:46:16 AM »
here is a pic of the top box cpu - also of note - the lights on the cpu are off - they are on during the startup.  I removed the varta battery from the cpu - there was no corrosion - actually cpu looks like it may be new.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
Lower left corner of your picture, those appear to be DDR ram sticks, try swapping them to each others sockets. I had a Reel Touch that wouldn't start in the top box due to bad RAM one time

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2017, 12:40:39 PM »
no effect - asked this question earlier - are the lights on the cpu supposed to be on all the time?  they are off when I am waiting for the monitor

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2017, 12:47:53 PM »
I can't remember of the top of my head. Will check when I get home.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
no effect - asked this question earlier - are the lights on the cpu supposed to be on all the time?  they are off when I am waiting for the monitor

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. When I boot mine I have a green with 2 ambers right above it. After the BV fires up it goes to one amber on the top of the row. I haven't been up to my buddies shop yet but need to go soon. I'll check on board for you.
Ian

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »
I would tend to believe there has to be communication between the top box and MPU or the MPU wouldn't be waiting for the top box to start. It knows it's there and not running. Did you ever check to see if there are RAM chips in the top box? Could you possibly send your top box to someone with a vision machine to try it and verify it works?

I believe it is the SB that triggers The "waiting for video display" message since it is a vision SB and it knows it needs the display. Whatever return message it's looking for doesn't seem to ever come through and vise-versa. I'd be happy to test the monitor for him but shipping to and from could almost buy a new monitor. If he was close I'd take a 12 pack and spend an afternoon trying to figure it out. Lord knows I've got spare parts.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
This one has been tricky.  RFA10025 is good, ata10065 and the bgm seems good version is good . SB??? Wish you could post video to YouTube showing vfd and monitor messages.  That would show us so much.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:59 PM »
Here is his video at half speed. Everything looks to be as it shoud be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpc-rF5E5ok

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 11:06:11 PM »
I see initializing please wait, what is the vfd display reading?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:39 AM »
Waiting for video display on vfd

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal