New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Ceronix 1492 Start-up  (Read 3067 times)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
IGT Ceronix 1492 Start-up
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »

I have an IGT with a 1492 monitor which I recently purchased.  When the game is powered up it's like the monitor is over driving. After about 1 min. it is perfect (see photos below). The previous owner stated that there was monitor work done recently and the caps do look new. I know there is always a chance of a new cap failing.  Is there something else causing this or is there a certain cap that should be looked at?

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Ceronix 1492 Start-up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:43:04 AM »
the knob on the flyback  transformer is turned up to high.  the flyback is the large transformer on the monitor, follow the large cable bach from the top of the tube to find it. it has 2 knobs, one is focus, one is intensity. your intensity is too high. be very careful not to get a shock, if i remember the flyback knobs are in a real tough spot, you may have to pull the monitor to get at them.  leave it off for a day, or discharge the tube before you mess with it

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »
Those retrace lines are an indication that your flyback may be having an issue, you may have a control on the flyback going bad or you may still have a cap issue. If it was misadjusted I wouldn't expect the problem to go away when it warmed up.

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:56 AM »
turn it down anyway, you have nothing to lose.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »
If you turn down the Flyback, you will see a darker picture.. Try turning up the contrast on the control know panel.. It is possible you have a weak LA7830 Vertical Def. Output, #192 on the Ceronix board. I would also change the #146 & #165 LM324 Quad Op. amp. IC's.. Lastly I would change out #218 IC LA7851 V.&H. Control.. Changing out these few item I have found fixes many problems with the 1492 Ceronix chassis.. One last thing that goes bad on them is the small cap located on the #214 "H" PRA Vertical Control board, see pic.. I replace with a standard cap, it may look funny but it works find.. I buy the items mentioned off ebay.. I hope this helps..

Gary
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:29:40 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »
if its slightly misadjusted, turning it down a touch will get rid of this raster lines without darkening the picture. someone may have bumped it up instead of adjusting the brightness first.   it will take 2 min to adjust, and may be all thats needed. then if you think its too dim, adjust the brightness

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »
I agree with what your saying, I've done the same thing. It may have been perfect in the persons test machine, but your has voltages just a little differant then yours. I just posted the other information for others to use if changing caps didn't fix their problems.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »

I just wanted to follow up on this. As "puckhead" mentioned turning down the flyback worked.

Also, Amechanic thanks for your post. It contains some Great info. I've never been a fan of playing with CRT's. But, in time I'll figure them out.  :yes: 

I now have one that has a short and blows the 3 amp fuse. So, that will be the next one to toy with or scrap....  :Tongue_Out:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
If you look in the down load section there might be a trouble shooting PDF that will give you a few starter places to look when working on the 1492 Ceronix chassis. It's more like notes written by repair techs.. 
And remember...

Offline Chris-socal

• Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 09:12:53 PM »
I also had a Ceronix 1492 in a IGT Players edge that was doing the same thing, horizontal white lines that went away after warmup, the monitor was otherwise beautiful and clear. A few weeks ago during normal play the yoke coil suddenly burned out. I found a refurbished crt and chassis online and after swapping the new one in the new monitor has the same lines during warm up. In addition, the new monitor has bright white spots near the suits around the cards. If I adjust the horizontal position the white spots remain in the same place. I saw pictures of the monitor from the seller and it didnt have the spots, could this be attributed to flyback adjustment or is it possibly coming from the gameboard? Here a pic of mine. Thanks for any direction on this, I dont want to burn my refurbished crt out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal