New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits  (Read 3044 times)

Offline bonzoro

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bonzoro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:03:59 PM »
I have an IGT multi game video machine with 12 games (2 slots, 5 poker, and 5 keno games) which seems to work great other than: when I put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits (which is a problem since you can hit the "cash out" button, is says $10 some lights are outI have a reset key, and the key to open the front. How can I ensure this machine only gives you one credit when inserting a quarter.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:26:22 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
It is a simple setting change but I don't have the experience with IGT video machines.
Someone here will chime in how to change it.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
I have an IGT multi game video machine with 12 games (2 slots, 5 poker, and 5 keno games) which seems to work great other than when I put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits (which is a problem since you can hit the "cash out" button, it says $10, some lights are out. I have a reset key, and the key to open the front. How can I ensure this machine only gives you one credit when inserting a quarter.

On some machines you can go into the setup/preference menus with a Diagnostic/TEST button inside the machine. One of the settings is to set how many play credits are given to the player with each coin inserted. For example, you could have the machine give you 100 credits for each quarter inserted. Check your manual for how this is done, or maybe someone here with more experience with your machine model can give instructions.

Some slot owners like to set the machine to give many credits for each coin because that reduces the amount of time it takes to add credits to the machine and it reduces the amount of coins you have to deal with when playing.

For the lights that are not working you will need to say which ones, there are incandescent bulbs inside the pushbuttons and behind the message areas on the glass, plus there are fluorescent lamps inside the machine for general lighting.

I see that you are new here, Welcome to NLG!  :wave:

your photo:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:53:40 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
Tokenization settings is one possibility. What is your denomination setting at? If you put a dollar in, how many credits do you get?

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »
as I said, when you put a quarter in, it gives 100 credits. It has quarter in the comparator so it sees it's a quarter. Thanks for the welcome guys, wish I had a manual for it. Don't know where to look for it.

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »
lights are not an issue right now.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »
lights are not an issue right now.

ok, you mentioned them in your post, so I thought it was something you wanted info on.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
as I said, when you put a quarter in, it gives 100 credits. It has quarter in the comparator so it sees it's a quarter. Thanks for the welcome guys, wish I had a manual for it. Don't know where to look for it.

The quarter in the comparitor is just to tell the machine what coin to accept, and reject all others. The amount of credits the machine gives for each coin accepted is determined by a setting in the preference menus. Do you know how to get into the machine setup/preference menus, have you stepped thru them to look around?

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 07:12:26 PM »
I know nothing about the machine, even the model number.....   I tried to identify the machine so I could get the manual but no luck

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
its different since it is a touch screen and not a Reel slot.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »
If the machine has been set up for tokenization it doesn't care what coin is inserted as long as it matches the sample coin on the comparitor it will give the number of credits it's been told to. You could swap that quarter for a nickel and you'd still get 100 credits. If that's the way it's set up then, as stated above, you'll need to enter the setup menus, likely with a key chip and change the settings. On the other hand, the bill validator doesn't recognize tokenization settings and still registers dollar for dollar

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »
I know nothing about the machine, even the model number.....   I tried to identify the machine so I could get the manual but no luck

Does the machine have an idplate attached to the side? The model number may not be as important as the model name. I think the model name is IGT "I Game" or "I Game Plus". Someone here will correct me if this is wrong.

Here is an example, see if it looks similar to your machine:

http://www.rockymountainslots.com/slot-machines/slot-machine-details.php?slot=369&cat=1&catname=use-slot-machines&subcat=66&subcatname=IGT+Video+9+inch&slotname=IGT%20%3CBR%3E%20I-GAME%20PLUS%20%3CBR%3E%20CLEOPATRA%20%3CBR%3E%20MULTI%20DENOMINATION%20%3CBR%3E%20MULTI%20LINE%20%3CBR%3E%209%20INCH%20TOP%20%3CBR%3E%20ITEM%20#470

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »
The touch screen is an IGT gameking. Post a picture of the MPU board and a member can identify the specific version. They all use the same basic stuff as far as lighting, coin handling, bill validator, etc. What can change is the type of MPU, motherboard, player button panel screen size, crt/LCD and IO card setup. Do your research in the IGT Gameking forum listed here on the site

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 08:29:08 PM »
I'm sending it back. I got into the Operator Menu and hit the hopper test and it continually jams up.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
You mean you just bought it? Did you get to play it before buying it, or did you order it by phone/online? If you bought it from a slot machine company they will probably want to attempt fixing the problem before shipping it back. You can take a quick look at the coin hopper and maybe see what is causing the coin jam.

Slot machines do have mechanical parts and an owner sometimes has to deal with the occasional problem. A machine that works great somewhere but then gets shipped to another place can have a hiccup.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:21 AM »
 :agreepost:
Plus, even with a completely working machine, you eventually can and WILL get hopper jams, and other errors. These machines aren't always user friendly. Owning a slot machine for the home will always require the user to have a basic knowledge of some slot repair. Otherwise, you'll spend a fortune in having a "technician" come around, if there even are any in your area.
That's why this forum exists!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline bonzoro

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 09:43:02 AM »
I ordered a keychip 22 for it and a knife for the hopper since the original was broken. I just needed to see if i could get parts, and figure out  if it was worth fixing. As far as having the abilities needed to be able to accomplish the repairs, i have the skills (tron tech in the navy, and board repair certified). I just got out of the hospital, had my left shoulder replaced a couple days ago and need to work with one hand for a while. Got some bulbs coming too. I got 2 working machines for $100 each, the other machine will be here tomorrow and has the same small issues but also has a ticket printer, hopper, and takes quarters, and i think also takes dollars..
I'll fix the programming, and little issues since it's also a 039 touchscreen unit. I have been doing research to figure out what I can do with them. It looks like some fun. Plus, it kept the wife out of my hair for several hours while she played this one.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal