New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Sizzling 7- Bill Acceptor Gone Missing  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Piney

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Piney New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Sizzling 7- Bill Acceptor Gone Missing
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:22 PM »
I thought I'd finally got the new machine settled in (other than the bad coin system).  Its been running for a week now.  Bill acceptor working fine with $1,5,20.  I turned it off overnight.  Back on and now bill acceptor doesnt "boot".

Previously, it used to run the motor(s) at startup. Now-- nothing-- no lights, no motor noise.

BTW-- I checked the battery when I got it-- it had been replaced and had good voltage.

I can press the coin optics test button and it adds a coin and will play

I thought that at startup, it does a test to see what devices/system are connected and expected by its programming.  Is having a bill collector connected part of this startup test ?

Surely the bill collector didnt give up its proverbial ghost--

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Sizzling 7- Bill Acceptor Gone Missing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 05:50:14 AM »
The power unit for the S+ B/V hangs on the side of the stacker cage. With the power off try unplugging and plugging in the connectors a time or two. On the side where the 2 wires come out of the power unit (WBA) one goes to the validator and the other connects to a Molex plug by the top of the MPU. Also take the b/v out and reinsert it a time or two. Sometimes connections get oxidized over the years.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:01:36 AM »
Make sure your cash can is shoved in all of the way.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:34:53 AM »
Connectors wiggled, unplugged and re-plugged.

Bill unit removed and reset twice

Cash can- rear plunger switch appears to be bypassed- No connector on plunger --wire nut on wires

Also-- the bill related light(s) on the glass aren't  lit anymore.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 06:52:55 AM »
Okay check this: Pull the hopper and check for a burnt connector going into the motherboard. The burn spot will be on the back. Also check your fuses under the stacker cage, maybe one of those. I'll attach a pic of the connector.

Dave

"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:51:29 PM »
Pulled white connector-- no burned spot.

Power cycle- Bill Collector motor now runs.  No errors display.  Candle= no flashes

Still stopped accepting bills

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »
Well we're making progress, I guess.   :Scratch-Head:  Maybe we're dealing with just a simple dirty optics in the b/v head. Try pulling the validator out and remove the head from the top. You'll see the release. Just water and a soft cloth, or spit as one of our late famous members said, should do the trick. No ammonia as it will dull the optics. One speck in the right place could cause a problem. There could still be a problem with the transport itself but if it's running now but not taking bills, let's try something easy. The belts inside could be dirty and not pulling the bill in far enough etc. These can be a bit irritating, especially if you don't have coin in to fall back on. What b/v is in your machine? Maybe we're looking at the wrong thing. Pics?

Dave

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
Labels both the top of the mechanism and its front show WBA-12-SS.

The plug shown in a previous response--the board that it (and other) connect to is called a ?

Should I assume that because the bill acceptor was working, that the programming knows its there, what type it is ., etc ?  Is that a manual setting/settings that should be verified ?

When a bill is inserted, it the first sensor that starts the motor mechanical -- or is that the optical sensor ?

I'll pull it and see what I can clean. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
There is one other optic that is normally missed that could be causing the problem.
There is a exit optic as the bill exits the transport and heads towards the can.
Two thin plastic lenses with optics behind them.
I usually have to trim down a Q-tip so it slips down between them and clean with some non ammonia glass cleaner on the tip.

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
"spit-cleaned" the sets of front lenses. 
Ran 4 dollar bills through fine.  Then stopped.  Back to wont run the motors when a bill is inserted.
One lens  is a little scratched.  They also look a touch dirty from their top side (inside the mechanism) That shouldn't stop it from the initial pulling of the bill eh ?  Just cause the bill to not validate ?

Also-- the two front panel lamps dont light.  Lamps themselves OK

There are a pair of mechanical sensors right at the front.  These appear to sense  the physical insertion of a bill, then the optics take over one the bill is in the path to validate it, correct ?  They both move and seem to rest themselves after being touched so not stuck.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »
If it sees a "stuck" bill on the output it won't accept a bill on the input.
The last time I encountered this the Q-tip came out with brown gunk on it from years of nicotine.
Cleaned the exit optics and the BV started taking bills again.

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »
There was a little goo on the back optics.  I used a piece of stiff cardboard, covered with a gun cleaning patch

Alas-- still -- on power up, unit still doesn't run once again.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 08:14:53 PM »
Have you tried removing the cash can then running the BV unit in test mode to see if a bill drops through?
It could be a faulty cash can.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
I have taken the bill head apart and cleaned the inside on the optic lens. They get full of dust and dirt blocking the optics from working. You have optics in the top and bottom of the bill head.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »
Find the security switch for your cash can (cash storage box). This switch has 2 wires connected to it. These switches often cause nuisance problems and are not needed for the home user. Remove the 2 wires from the security switch and connect them to each other by twisting, then insulate with a wire nut. Even if this is not the problem now it will save you a headache later. The cash can security switch is usually behind and near where the cash storage can slides into place, so that the cash can will press against the security switch and activate it.   
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
As always-- thanks for the input !

Re: Security Switches-

Bottom access plate (ie glass lit door-- Security switch bypassed there
Cash box door- security switch at lock area bypassed (no lock either)
Cash box placement switch- plunger at rear- bypassed (no wire on back of switch

Its odd that at startup, sometimes the bill acceptor boots (motors run-- other times it doesnt)

I'll look at it one evening this week for a good cleaning

A test mode was mentioned in a previous message--  ??

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
when you turn on the machine you should see two red LEDS come on next to the dip switches on the right hand side  of the wba transport.  if they do not come on immediately then the power supply on the side of the housing has bad caps in it. this supply provides power for the wba only. if they come on, and the unit will not cycle, then you have a problem with the cash can or the transport. the bv unit is a separate unit it only talks to and receives info from the machine. the machine will run with out the bv unit. if the bv unit detects a fault it will disable itself until the fault is cleared. 

bv test, remove the cash can from the machine, remove the transport put switches 1-2-3 and 8  on, put the transport in the machine, turn 8 to off, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert bills into unit, if they are accepted and are deposited where the cash can should be, then the unit is doing what it should be doing. 

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »
I located the bill acceptor dip switches.  While it was unplugged I toggled each one a couple of times.  I tried Jim's test mode process.  It ran the test mode fine.  Upon returning it to normal, it ran (booted) the first time.  I've powered it a number of times along with opening/closing the main door-- and it continues to boot AND RUN !  Whoohoo.  Perhaps either the contacts on the dip switches were a touch dirty-- or I scared it with possible replacement while in its test mode.

I'll get around to taking it apart and giving it a good lens cleaning one day.  Im usually leave well enough alone kinda guy though.

Offline Piney

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
I found some time to look at this again

It was working-- It's mechanism would run at at at startup.  The self test would work.  It would accept various bills

Not-- its back to nothing-- both red lights come on.  Self test now doesnt activate the motors.

Does this mean its dead ?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 06:41:05 AM »
I would run the stand alone test and verify that the transport and head are working. if they are working then that should eliminate the power supply as well.

the only item remaining would be the transport shelf itself, it has plastic fingers on the back wall that trigger the unit when the cash can is inserted, perhaps these are not doing what they should be doing or for some reason the cash can is not going in far enough to activate the fingers or the can is not locked into position.

the WBA unit will not work if it thinks the cash cash is not there,period! won't cycle at start up, bezel lamps won't come on, etc.  I think your problem  is in this area, I would remove the white cherry switch mounted to the back wall of the cash can housing, its not needed and may be causing your problem.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal