New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: RUNAWAY HOPPER HELP PLEASE  (Read 4991 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
RUNAWAY HOPPER HELP PLEASE
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:38:48 AM »
Group:

I am REALLY trying to like my Fortune 1 machines but they are making it very difficult.  Yesterday I played about 50 hands of black jack on my "21" machine.  No problems at all.  Turned the machine off from a power strip as always and returned for round 2 about 3 hours later.  Power on, and runaway hopper!  The game was not moved bumped or touched between sessions.  The screen showed the last hand played which was a losing one.  I turned off the game and reseated the mother board and the hopper.  Power on, same thing.  Emptied the hopper. 

The manual says coin switch or mother board.  Very broad possibilities.  I don't have a known good coin switch.  Should I look for one or just send my motherboard to Larry Weber.  I also see a small circuit board on the left side of the cabinet near the hopper that feeds the beau plugs.  Should I remove and send that one to Larry as well?

I am so frustrated.  The screen says coin in time out and the hopper runs non stop.   This machine does NOT have a key operated reset.  There is only one switch in that area and when tripped by hand (key missing) I get an admin. report.

I have a new beautiful EM that I bought from Bill here on the forum and a dead game right in the middle of my basement.

ANY and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so much
Ra
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:57:07 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: RUNAWAY HOPPER HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:08 AM »
Group:

I have a new beautiful EM that I bought from Bill here on the forum and a dead game right in the middle of my basement.

ANY and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so much
Ra

Have you ever thought about taking up Golf ????
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:57:36 AM »
I cant golf in these North East winters but I can play my machines in the basement year round.

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
Power down the game and slide the game board out of it's connection and power up the game. If the hopper stops running it's in the board. If it keeps running it's the hopper. Try a reset on the board by sliding out the board and reversing the battery for one second and reinstalling it correctly. That some times clears up a lot of s-hit. Bill.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »
Thank you Bill.   I will report my results to you and the group.  You are the best!

Ra

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 05:22:48 AM »
Bill:

Once again you have saved me!  I don't know what was wrong but I did reverse the battery for just a second and when I re seated the board all was well.  Those types of tips will never show up in a service manual but only comes from experience in the field.  I actually got depressed this time with this darn machine.  I saw all of the views mounting up and no replies and I thought that the problem was so unique that no one knew how to fix it.  I keep a composition book of how I repaired problems on all of my games and this fix will be recorded in capital letters.  Thank you thank you thank you!

PS I am heading to Cape Cod later this week to do some fishing.  Trying out a new diawa rod and using an old Penn reel for the first time in over 10 years.   I will let you know how I make out. 

Stay well
Ra

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
Cool!

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
Hi Guys, just wondering if this battery reversal trick will work on a runaway hopper error occurring on a Sigma Slant Top PT-4B?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
Webman:

I have tried it all and I still dont know why the hopper runs away or how to fix it but IT JUST STOPS after a while.  1 test.  Power off the machine and pull the mother board out about 2 inches.  Power the game back up.  If hopper still runs away it is NOT the MB and it could be the small I/O board of the left side of the cabinet OR the hopper wires itself.  A short possibly.

I still have the condition in my 21 Game from time to time.  I just unplug it, pull out the MB and wait about 10 minutes.  When I put everything back I am good to go until the next time, usually 3-4 months later.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal