New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: "Close Main Door" Optic issue?  (Read 3050 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
"Close Main Door" Optic issue?
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:02:29 PM »
Ok so I am trying to key chip an s2000 and I get it to the stage of "close the main door".

I can't get it to recognize the main door is closed. so I first thought I had bad optics so I pulled a working set off the machine next to it and replace them, not the fix.

I saw on the forum several people saying the MPU could be the issue for the door optics so I pulled a working MPU and put it in, not the fix.

Next step is replace the mother board, did that and still not the fix.

next step?  Before I call it a scrap parts machine.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: "Close Main Door" Optic issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »
Would this happen to be a nine line machine?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:40:48 PM »
I'd check and/bypass the belly door switch

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:30 PM »
Yes definitely bypass the belly door switch. The reason I ask if it is a nine line I had that error and after about 2 months F$$$ing with it found out it was a bad nine line display. Figure that.

Offline cuda

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
Would this happen to be a nine line machine?

No a nine line,  Just a single line, 3 reel 5 button panel

Offline cuda

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:34 PM »
Yes definitely bypass the belly door switch. The reason I ask if it is a nine line I had that error and after about 2 months F$$$ing with it found out it was a bad nine line display. Figure that.

The belly door and cash box are both already bypassed, I do that first thing when I get a game.

I just tried swapping I/O cards on this game for the hell of it to see if that would effect anything and nothing different still not recognizing the door closer to go to the initialization step of the key chip process.

Keep the idea's coming I will keep trying everything or any suggestion I get. 

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
Whats funny I had someone call me last week that got the same error after the printer paper ran out. He put printer paper in and went to close the door, then got the error. Had him lift latch several times and swap door optics and that also didn't work. So he will be bringing me the machine shortly. Guess I'm in for a time. Hang in there we'll get it figured out.

Offline cuda

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »
Whats funny I had someone call me last week that got the same error after the printer paper ran out. He put printer paper in and went to close the door, then got the error. Had him lift latch several times and swap door optics and that also didn't work. So he will be bringing me the machine shortly. Guess I'm in for a time. Hang in there we'll get it figured out.

:cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :thank_you:

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 08:42:37 PM »
Did you find out anymore on your machine?  I got the machine in today that I had mentioned. I did a new post. So far what I found out on my machine it recognized the door closed during set up but not when finished with the settings. :Scratch-Head:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 07:09:56 AM »
Darren, here is the wiring for the door optic circuits. first, check these connections, on the door---there are two sets of wires that run outside the big harness that goes into the cabinet from the door. one set is black and yellow, this goes to the door bezel lamp assembly, the other red/white & green, are from the door optic and terminate into a connection behind the left reel, ( actually both sets of wires terminate there and connect to cabinet wiring). second, if you didn't have a belly door switch, there has to be a jumper on that plug, or the plug has to be bypassed. 

door wiring:  black wire on optic connects to red/white wire, it goes to pin 4 on J-19 on the motherboard. should read continuity from point to point.
                     red wire on the optic connects to the green wire, it goes to pin 3 on J-19  on the motherboard.should read continuity from point to point.

cabinet wiring:  red wire on the optic goes to the green wire, it goes to J-11  pin 1 on the motherboard, should read continuity from point to point.
                         white wire on the optic goes to the violet wire, it goes to J-11 pin 2 on the motherboard, should read continuity from point to point.

this should resolve any direct wiring problems. hope this helps.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline cuda

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
Well I fixed my issue, problem is I don't know exactly what the issue was other than it was a wiring harness issue somewhere in my machine.  I started swapping out wiring harness, starting with the IO card in the door and the belly door button wires.  After replacing this whole harness mine worked.

Still can't get my other machine with the coin in error and meter disconnect errors.  so give me ideas on this one, it was the ideas I got here that fixed this machine by localizing where the issue was and then just replacing from there.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal