New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to set BV or bill acceptor to credit pay only?  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
How to set BV or bill acceptor to credit pay only?
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
My bill accepter doesn't go to credits on my IGT S-Plus, it goes to a cash payout even if there is a couple game credits on the credit meter of the machine, all bills to the BV still goes to cash or hopper pay.
So I have a SP-831, can you tell me how to get the BV to go to credits always in a way I could figure out how to set this?
Thanks Much!
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: How to set BV or bill acceptor to credit pay only?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:34 PM »
push to light up the cash-credit button right before you insert the bill.
edit: that won't work if it does it with credits on already.  You will have to change  setting 5-1 or 5-2 to 5-0 I think.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
push to light up the cash-credit button right before you insert the bill.
edit: that won't work if it does it with credits on already.  You will have to change  setting 5-1 or 2 to 5-0 I think.

Player initiated credit is on: It is on and there are a few credits on hold, insert bill and hopper pays out in cash, credits remain the same.
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »
open door press white button twice or til you see a 5-1 or 5-2 press spin to change to 5-0. press white button again.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
could be dip switch #4 on mpu.  never used a 831

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »
open door press white button twice or til you see a 5-1 or 5-2 press spin to change to 5-0. press white button again.
I tried this, 5-0 gave me slectable credit
5-1 no credit, and 5-2 always credit but in all, b/v still went to cash. I also tried a ram clear and tried it again with same results.
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
could be dip switch #4 on mpu.  never used a 831
Dip #4 on MPU, sounds interesting and I'll have a look and let you know.
Thanks
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
Well dip # 4 didn't change anything I am afraid, credit on credit off, player selectable credit, and MPU dip 4 on and off, bills into the DVB-200 still just go to the hopper for payout.
Maybe it is just one of those things?
 :More_Info_Please:
Thanks Jackpot 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
set your machine to this #8-1 Good settings for whole machine

All setting changes require 0 credits on the machine before entering setup mode.

•With the machine turned on and in idle mode, open the door press the white test button 2 times
•You should see "2  n" in the winner paid/credits windows, where n= 0 or 1. Press the spin button until it reads "2  1”
               This enables the spin sounds.
•Turn the jackpot key once. This advances through the setup sub-menu
•You should see "5  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "5  0"
               This will make all wins automatically go to the credit meter. You will not have to turn on the credit button before playing.
•Turn the jackpot key three times.
•You should see "8  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "8  1"
               This will force all bills inserted to go to the credit meter. You will never accidentally end up cashing out your bill.
                  [ADD 5-30-2011] It turns out that this setting has to be enabled when the dbv is set up using the SET chip. If the SET chip option is
                  configured as disabled, this option can't be changed and all bills will always go to the tray. If the SET chip option is configured as enabled,
                  then the option is set here. If enabled, a set chip is NOT required to change this setting.
                      Thanks Poppo and Stayouttadabunker for this info. 

•Turn the jackpot key once
•Press the white test button to "return" to the main menu and advance through it until you get to option group 7

{stop the first time you see a “7” in the Coins-In display}
•Set your hopper and credit limits as follows:
               Note: To set these values, turn the jackpot reset key to change the selected (flashing) digit. Press the spin button to increment the
                          flashing digit.
•[7-1] 0000   Maximum number of credits that will actually cash out from your hopper.

Zero effectively disables the hopper, but you can use a low number to match the number of coins that you have, if you wish.
                               If you have more credits than the value set here on the meter, pressing cash out will become a hand pay that is cleared with
                               the key.
•[7-2] 1200  This will cause all single wins of 1201 or more to lock up as a jackpot with lights flashing. Set this between the highest win that you

want to pay out normally and the lowest win that you want to lock up as a jackpot. Jackpot wins cleared with the jp key
                           "disappear" and are not added to the credit meter (although they are added to the jackpot meter in the bookkeeping menus.)
•[7-3] 9999  All single wins of equal to or less than the value set in [7-2] (1200 or less in this case) will go to the credit meter as long as the final

number of credits is less than 10,000.
•[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.
•[8]    0000  optional.  Partial pay on lockups. If you want some of your jackpot or lockup amounts to pay from the hopper, set this
                                 to the number of coins you want to pay out. This number cannot be higher than the hopper limit setting [7-1].
•Press the white test button one final time after making your last setting change to be sure that the changes stick
•Close the door
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »
set your machine to this #8-1 Good settings for whole machine

All setting changes require 0 credits on the machine before entering setup mode.

•With the machine turned on and in idle mode, open the door press the white test button 2 times
•You should see "2  n" in the winner paid/credits windows, where n= 0 or 1. Press the spin button until it reads "2  1”
               This enables the spin sounds.
•Turn the jackpot key once. This advances through the setup sub-menu
•You should see "5  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "5  0"
               This will make all wins automatically go to the credit meter. You will not have to turn on the credit button before playing.
•Turn the jackpot key three times.
•You should see "8  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "8  1"
               This will force all bills inserted to go to the credit meter. You will never accidentally end up cashing out your bill.
                  [ADD 5-30-2011] It turns out that this setting has to be enabled when the dbv is set up using the SET chip. If the SET chip option is
                  configured as disabled, this option can't be changed and all bills will always go to the tray. If the SET chip option is configured as enabled,
                  then the option is set here. If enabled, a set chip is NOT required to change this setting.
                      Thanks Poppo and Stayouttadabunker for this info. 

•Turn the jackpot key once
•Press the white test button to "return" to the main menu and advance through it until you get to option group 7

{stop the first time you see a “7” in the Coins-In display}
•Set your hopper and credit limits as follows:
               Note: To set these values, turn the jackpot reset key to change the selected (flashing) digit. Press the spin button to increment the
                          flashing digit.
•[7-1] 0000   Maximum number of credits that will actually cash out from your hopper.

Zero effectively disables the hopper, but you can use a low number to match the number of coins that you have, if you wish.
                               If you have more credits than the value set here on the meter, pressing cash out will become a hand pay that is cleared with
                               the key.
•[7-2] 1200  This will cause all single wins of 1201 or more to lock up as a jackpot with lights flashing. Set this between the highest win that you

want to pay out normally and the lowest win that you want to lock up as a jackpot. Jackpot wins cleared with the jp key
                           "disappear" and are not added to the credit meter (although they are added to the jackpot meter in the bookkeeping menus.)
•[7-3] 9999  All single wins of equal to or less than the value set in [7-2] (1200 or less in this case) will go to the credit meter as long as the final

number of credits is less than 10,000.
•[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.
•[8]    0000  optional.  Partial pay on lockups. If you want some of your jackpot or lockup amounts to pay from the hopper, set this
                                 to the number of coins you want to pay out. This number cannot be higher than the hopper limit setting [7-1].
•Press the white test button one final time after making your last setting change to be sure that the changes stick
•Close the door

This is very good and helpful information and I thank you. This information has lead me to the problem but I am not so sure on how to fix it. I am set at 5-0. flipping the JP key brings me to 8-2 the problem, I can't change it as the spin reels button goes dark. When this machine came in it was missing the SP chip, it's a Balloon and Bars game. So I found a SP chip that would work in it by trial and error, a SP 831, not sure if it is right or not but it works. The PSR manual reads to use Set026 which I was lucky enough to have that bin in my files. So I used set026 and enabled the B/V 9-1 and set the coin amount to .05 because it is a nickel machine. So I am enabled and the b/v works but pays to the tray. Above you say you can change 8-2 to 8-1 which would force the B/V to pay to credit and what I am hoping for. But how do I do this as it will not let me change it and the bv is enabled? Could it be the SP chip that Is not compatable with this setting or allowing me to make the change?
Thank you very much for this education as I was scratching a hole in my head over this.
Jackpot

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
yes, you may need a different SP chip but I don't know which one would be correct. Hopefully someone else here can say.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
It's been a long time since I really worked on S+ machines,

I think you might have to set the 8 setting after a ram clear .. or during the set chip settings.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »
dip switch #4 has to be off with this SP chip.  you can double check the setting of the dip switches by going through the entire sub menu that starts with the setting 5_0 or 1 or 2,  the last reading in this menu will show you what the cpu sees the switches are actually set for. (meaning, physically the switch may be showing off, electronically the switch may still be on!!!)
if this setting is off and you can't set the bills to hopper pay option, then you may have the cash out switch mis-wired. it is the only switch that is wired differently from all of the others, look at your other machine and you will see what I am saying, this has fixed the problem you are experiencing.

hope this helps.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »
It's been a long time since I really worked on S+ machines,

I think you might have to set the 8 setting after a ram clear .. or during the set chip settings.
Thanks, this must be one of those quirks, but I am thinking that must be the only way.
Jackpot

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »
Make sure you have zero credits on the machine when trying to change any of the settings related to this stuff.  If you have credits on the machine, either the options won't appear, or they won't let you make changes, or in the case of DIP switch changes, nothing will actually change until there are zero credits on the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »
Make sure you have zero credits on the machine when trying to change any of the settings related to this stuff.  If you have credits on the machine, either the options won't appear, or they won't let you make changes, or in the case of DIP switch changes, nothing will actually change until there are zero credits on the machine.

I will next time as this job is done and gone. But in pulling the SP chip and useing a set
Chip, i think you wipe out any credits in the proces, if there were any?
Thanks
Jackpot

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal