New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mini IGT PE+ MAME Cabinet (3d printed)  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Mini IGT PE+ MAME Cabinet (3d printed)
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
Hello,

It has been a long project of mine to create a MAME cabinet that would be used for IGT PE+ ROMs using a Raspberry Pi, 7 inch screen, real buttons and battery pack.

Finally, it is pretty much done but I lost steam when it came to mapping all the buttons to the actual game.  There are buttons switches and lights on the real game cabinet that do not seem to operate as they should on the emulator.  I am using a USB button controller with power for the lights. 

For example, Upper Door, Lower Door  and some others have been converted to a keyboard buttons; they do not need to be kept triggered for the game to work, which is a bummer because I built this into the design of my mini cabinet. So, closing the door keeps a keyboard key pressed, let's say the letter "I".    That pretty much stops me there.

Another thing I thought was supported was light control.  The hold/drop, deal/draw, cashout buttons, etc.  For some reason I was under the impression these bits were suppored in MAME.Also, the candle at the top, wanted to connect that but it does not seem to be supported.

Does anyone out there know MAME or the team that worked on making the IGT ROMs work on MAME?  I believe they did it back in 2000 something. I would love to finish this and play Multi-Poker with a little cabinet that sits on my lap.

Thanks, Eddiie

Edited to fix font issues.  -knagl
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:37:14 PM by knagl »

Offline dgalvin66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • dgalvin66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Mini IGT PE+ MAME Cabinet (3d printed)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »
[font=]Hello,It has been a long project of mine to create a MAME cabinet that would be used for IGT PE+ ROMs using a Raspberry Pi, 7 inch screen, real buttons and battery pack.Finally, it is pretty much done but I lost steam when it came to mapping all the buttons to the actual game.  There are buttons switches and lights on the real game cabinet that do not seem to operate as they should on the emulator.  I am using a USB button controller with power for the lights.For example, Upper Door, Lower Door  and some others have been converted to a keyboard button; they do not need to be kept triggered for the game to work which is a bummer because I built this into the design of my mini cabinet. So, closing the door keeps a keyboard key pressed, let's say the letter "I".    That pretty much stops me there.Another thing I thought was supported was light control.  The hold/drop, deal/draw, cashout buttons, etc.  For some reason I was under the impression these bits were suppored in MAME.Also, the candle at the top, wanted to connect that but it does not seem to be supported.Does anyone out there know MAME or the team that worked on making the IGT ROMs work on MAME?  I believe they did it back in 2000 something. I would love to finish this and play Multi-Poker with a little cabinet that sits on my lap.Thanks,Eddiie[/color][/size][/font]

[/size] Eddie; I increased your font from 1.5 to 14 so it could be read.If you want to enable the use of the lights and so forth see if you can find MameHooker. It is used with MAME and reads the calls for the hardware.David

Offline Eddiie

• Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:59:06 PM »
Thank you for pointing out the font size.  lol  I don't know why it insists on forcing font changes.

Thank you for the information on MAMEHooker.  I'll look it up.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:13:15 PM »

Here is a link for a site that has all of the info you need as well as the download (on the right side menu)

http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=aboutmamehooker

David

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:25:06 AM »
Wow, this is great.   So many options, more confusing..  Are any of them able to be used in Linux? ie Raspberry Pi? 
Or, a small computer like the raspberry pi that can run windows?

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »

I believe there is Linux support as well as Windows(most versions). I do not know but would think Raspberry might also work.
The site I gave you supports MameHooker and has an email to ask for help. I have played with it a little bit but it has been a while. There is a lot of info there and if you google you will find a lot of info out there.

David

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »
Got it.

Will report back in a few weeks. :)

thank you.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal