New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV not accepting bills  (Read 5609 times)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: DBV not accepting bills
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
I tried the test, worked as it should, reinstalled still the same.
I have tried the the # 10 switch didn't make any difference.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »
Wow - it seems that everything has been checked, maybe someone will have a brilliant thought but I'm
just about out of ideas.  :Scratch-Head:

What about a bad wiring cable, bent or broken pin, broken wire, something bad in the wiring? Is it difficult to swap out the bill validator cables?

Does the machine play ok otherwise, by using coins?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 06:38:11 PM »
At the bottom door of the cabinet down by your feet, is the a magnet and reed switch down there on that door?  The door where a coin bucket goes to catch the coins when the hopper is full..

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 06:42:11 PM »
Does this machine accept coins?

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 07:13:20 PM »
The machine is coinless, but the DBV was working before, and there are no errors. I inspected wires and connectors. wires look good, connectors and pins look good none bent or pushing in.
There is a magnet in the bottom, but has never been hooked up since I have owned the machine.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 07:22:13 PM »
Put the 145 head back in, see if it works.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »
I have, the issue is identical with either head

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
Again, I am asking, is there a small switch on the door that you open to get  the cash can out?

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
No there is no inner door like the upright machine, You just open the door on the front and cash can is there.
The door uses a cherry switch.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 07:57:14 PM »
Does the insert coin symbol light up? Should light even without the comparitor in the machine.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 08:25:58 PM »
Yes it does light up

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 02:11:09 AM »
The machine is coinless

S+ machines were never really intended to be coinless.  Is your hopper limit set to zero?  For the sake of testing, please set all of your limits to a decently high amount.  Based on your latest information with the self tests, it seems like this is a software programming issue, not an issue with the validator.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 05:26:20 AM »
yes, when the ram CLEAR process was run all the machine's settings were changed to factory default settings, so something could have changed in the Test/Setup menu settings that is causing or contributing to the problem.

Also, is there something about changing a machine to coinless operation that can affect the bill acceptor operation?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
What denomination is shown in test 6?
I have had machines where the set denom process had to be done 2 and 3 times before it actually stuck in memory.
What is your exact,  step by step, procedure for setting the denom with the set chip?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
the only thing remaining would be an open door signal somewhere. close the machine up as if you we going to play it, but let the hopper door off, now with it all buttoned up except that door, reach in and see what happens when you press the white test button?  see if you can get into the test diagnostics, if you can then some door is open somewhere?. is the cc-16 bracket and optics still in the machine?? 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »
Again.

I have had machines where the set denom process had to be done 2 and 3 times before it actually stuck in memory.
What is your exact,  step by step, procedure for setting the denom with the set chip?

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 01:13:49 PM »
The machine is coinless

S+ machines were never really intended to be coinless.  Is your hopper limit set to zero?  For the sake of testing, please set all of your limits to a decently high amount.  Based on your latest information with the self tests, it seems like this is a software programming issue, not an issue with the validator.
Limit Settings: 7-1 Hopper = 0000
                        7-2 Lower Jackpot  = 9999
                        7-3 Credit = 9999
                        7-4 not used
                        7-5 Bill acceptor 3000
yes, when the ram CLEAR process was run all the machine's settings were changed to factory default settings, so something could have changed in the Test/Setup menu settings that is causing or contributing to the problem.

Also, is there something about changing a machine to coinless operation that can affect the bill acceptor operation?

I have not noticed any difference in settings using SP1271, or Set  088 which I use for most of my machines.
The coinless part hasn't affected the DBV on any of my coinless S+'s (Which is almost all of them)

Denom in test 6 shows 25
I use SET 088 on most of my machines, in this case it's an SP1271.
Shut machine down remove MPU, remove the game chip and insert SET088 (facing correct position notch up)
Insert MPU back in to machine, and power up. 088 will appear on display, I press the test button until I reach 9-0, use spin button to change to 9-1. I continue to press test button until 6 appears on display I use spin button to get to the denom I want, in this case it is 25. This is the last setting on the SET088, so I hit test button to save changes. once saved 088 appears in display again. I power down machine and reinsert the game chip. I will clear the 61 codes, close the door the machine, and DBV cycle normally.

the only thing remaining would be an open door signal somewhere. close the machine up as if you we going to play it, but let the hopper door off, now with it all buttoned up except that door, reach in and see what happens when you press the white test button?  see if you can get into the test diagnostics, if you can then some door is open somewhere?. is the cc-16 bracket and optics still in the machine?? 

Jim

Appears that there may be an open door signal. Although that would be odd, considering I can clear the 61 codes like normal. if door was open I shouldn't be able to.
CC-16 bracket and optics are not in machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »
Slant top machine have more door and security switches than upright machines, right? Maybe one of them is causing a problem.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
Slant top machine have more door and security switches than upright machines, right? Maybe one of them is causing a problem.
As far as I know, this has had only the 2, 1 for lid, and 1 for DBV door. There is no cash can door like the uprights have.
I would have to say they have roughly the same if you include the stand on an upright

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
When I run a set chip the last step is where you hold in the test button until a zero shows on the display, never heard of a 088.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal