New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha Monte Carlo Error  (Read 1640 times)

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
Bally Alpha Monte Carlo Error
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Have a  Bally Alpha Monte Carlo Rich and Famous giving a "Top Box Disconnected" error.  1) Have replaced the USB cable directly from the reel control mother board to the top box reel control mother board. No help. 2) Replaced the top box reel control module. No help.  3) Replaced top box reel control module mother board. No help. 4) Replaced top box reel logic module( The module that runs the ball). No help. 5) Cleared memory and reprogrammed  5-6 times. No help.

The top box reel control module has the comm light on and the status light blinking. and the top ball constantly rotates counter clockwise.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha Monte Carlo Error
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
Look into the chip on the reel driver board?. Also check the opto on the top wheel and flags on the pulse ring.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
Is there a special chip on the reel control board for controlling one reel ??

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
had a similar problem with a top reel winners  game,  the top box would work until the ball started to spin, as the ball was coming to the point where it should stop, it would roll past and continue , get the call attendant, top box not connected,  then with out doing anything the top lights would come on the ball would reverse direction and stop on a value. 

in troubleshooting I discovered that the reel driver board for the reels  was the same driver for the top box unit, the only difference was the eprom in both, I discovered this by swapping the boards, a signal reel would rotate (just like the ball), after swapping the eprom it ran the reels as they should.

Jim     

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »
Is there a special chip on the reel control board for controlling one reel ??
There is in the tray that slides out in the top box, Just something to look at-Those are specific to all those type games.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »
It appears the top box reel control module EPROM has a different number on the chip than the bottom box reel controller. My top box chip has been smudged and I can't read. I put this chip on a good board and ti does not work. It would appear this chip has gone bad.   Does anyone have an Alpha Monte Carlo who could read the number on this chip. Also anyone with a spare chip and would like to sell please send a P.M, Thanks for any help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal