New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Bill acceptor setup questions  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S+ Bill acceptor setup questions
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »
I have a customer who wanted to have a bill acceptor put into a S+ machine. I bought all the parts and headed to do the job. Once I got there I ran into my first hurdle.. Someone had twisted off all 5 of the housings 5 mounting studs on the cabinets side wall! This will be an easy fix with a could small carrage bolts thru the OS of the cabinet. My main problem is once I hooked up the bill unit and keyed the game to enable the acceptor, my problem is that it now works like a change machine. I put a dollar in, then 4 quarters are paid out? What setting do I need to change in the menu? My other problem is that I don't have the bill acceptor light working. I think I'm missing a plug from the cabinet to the WBA that works the lights. Shouldn't that be a 3 pin cabinet plug same as plugs into the bezel lights?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:01:32 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Bill acceptor setup questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
you have to open door and press test button to get to the options.  You want to set option 5 to 5-2 (it's probably 5-0 right now.  This will put credits on machine when you put bills into machine.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
let us know what SP chip you're using and we can send more detailed info.
thanks'Bob

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
Gary here's some pics of the wiring for the B/V bezel lights. It comes off the harness and plugs into wiring under the reels and then into the loom around the door and then to the bezel board.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »
Gary here's some pics of the wiring for the B/V bezel lights. It comes off the harness and plugs into wiring under the reels and then into the loom around the door and then to the bezel board.

Dave

Dave,  So your saying the wires come from the doors wiring harness, then runs under the reels? I see it should be a four wire plug with two wires.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 01:49:05 PM »
Yeah it's kinda weird. 4 wires from the B/V harness to 2 wires. Then goes to 4 wires at the bezel. Anyway mine is a 2 wire setup under the reels. I wondered if yours was just tucked up underneath the reels. The B/V sends a signal (maybe a ground) that turns on the light, if I remember correctly.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
Gary,     the connector with the two wires (black and white coming from the WBA 12 harness plug ) is used for the bezel lamps. its a +5vdc signal to turn on the bezel lamps, those two wires and two wires to provide 6 vac to run the bulbs are the four wires at the bezel board. polarity is important, use input  test # 27 to get them running.

I think you need to change setting # 8 in the 5_0 or 5_1 menu,  see the flip cards in the S+ section to understand what I am talking about.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »
I'm just hoping someone didn't cut those out. I didn't see an extra plug anywhere. I have to return next week to put the new housing bolts through the side of the cabinet. I'll go digging then.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »
I think you need to change setting # 8 in the 5_0 or 5_1 menu,  see the flip cards in the S+ section to understand what I am talking about.

Jim

Jim, I would down load and print out that flip cards, but my laptops broken. It needs a new screen.. I'm trying to live with my cell phone.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »

Dave

Dave, Your pictures were very helpful. I did find the bezel wires wrapped up inside on the left side. I did have to change the plug. The plug was a 14 pin plug with only 2 wire in it, (see pic).. I ended up putting the correct 4 pin plug on the wires, plugged it in and Walla I now have a working door bezel lights👍.. Also a big Thank you to Jim at Midwest slot for helping me over the phone, to correct a setting problem with setting 8.. Expect some Karma to you both. Was the 14 pin plug I removed used on a DBV-145 or DBV-200?

Gary
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 10:48:04 PM »
It was used on both models.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »
That's what had me confused when I was there the last time. I saw the wiring rolled up on the side, but it had the wrong plug and was not where I thought it should have been. I did realize it was run under the reel shelf. At least no one had cut if off.
And remember...

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 05:36:01 AM »
I'm glad you got it working. I forgot you were adding this B/V. The 14 pin threw me, as all my machines have WBA's not DBV's.    :cool_thumb_up:

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 08:35:34 AM »
This is only like my forth S+ I've ever worked on. I have been doing a lot of S2000 and I-Game stuff lately and there wiring is pretty much universal, not like these S+ from what I'm learning. Thanks again   
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal