New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Max Hopper Pay Limits Amount of Credits Accumulated?  (Read 7188 times)

Offline jkp1300

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jkp1300 New User has no influence.
  • Every day is a gift!
Max Hopper Pay Limits Amount of Credits Accumulated?
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »
I have most everything pretty much figured out on my machine now thanks the awesome folks on the NLG forum. I hope I'm not becoming a pain in the a$$ but I have one more question.

I got my machine paying to credits and had the maximum hopper pay (7-1) set to 0100. When I got to 97 credits, and hit a win, it started paying from the hopper. I thought about it and read through all the paperwork I've accumulated but didn't see why this would happen. But since 7-1 was set to 0100 and it wouldn't pay over 100 to credit it didn't seem like just a coincidence. I changed 7-1 to 0300 and it would then paid over 100 to credit. I haven't gotten to 300 credits yet but I can guess what would happen :Tongue_Out:

This seems counterintuitive to me so I thought one of the experts on NLG might be able to explain it to me. If I set 7-1 to 9999, would it then accumulate that many credits (max)? If I hit the jackpot would it try to pay the 1600 out of the hopper? I'm unsure since SP872 doesn't appear to have a jackpot limit.

As always  :thank_you:
- Kenny
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:00:50 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
Re: Max Hopper Pay Limits Amount of Credits Accumulated?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Never mind. I have no idea what's going on with this crazy machine. I went over 300 and it is still accumulating credits. Maybe too much eggnog  :Crazy: Happy Thanksgiving!

- Kenny

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »
Look at this section from your SP872 PSR for an explanation.  The example is if 7-1 is set to 500 coins.

See attached image, below - click to enlarge it.

I got my machine paying to credits and had the maximum hopper pay (7-1) set to 0100. When I got to 97 credits, and hit a win, it started paying from the hopper. I thought about it and read through all the paperwork I've accumulated but didn't see why this would happen. But since 7-1 was set to 0100 and it wouldn't pay over 100 to credit it didn't seem like just a coincidence.

The machine's behavior was correct.  Since your hopper/credit limit was 100, and you had 97 credits on the machine and hit a win greater than 3 credits, it paid out of the hopper to keep the credit meter from exceeding 100 coins.  In your scenario, too, if you had hit a win of more than 100 coins in a single spin, it would have locked up for a hand pay.

Now at 300 it should behave the same, not allowing the credit meter to climb over 300 credits.  If you actually have more than 300 credits on the meter right now, I would cash out (or play out) your credits and verify your settings again.  Note, it's really important to have zero credits on the credit meter when you make changes to hopper/credit limits, as they may not take correctly (or at all) if there are credits on the machine when you attempt to make changes.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:49:20 PM by knagl »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
Yeah, how crazy is that? Not going over 100 and then going over 300? I did see that section in the PSR but it confused me. I just now realized (the wife noticed) that the scenario above the chart should say "...limit is set to 600..." Instead of 500! Now it makes sense :) I'm going to play out the 778 credits we now have on the meter from yesterday's party and try 5-0 setting again with 1600 on the max hopper limit. This will cause a hand pay for jackpot only, right? Or should I set it to 9999 so I can accumulate the max amount of credits possible? Or am I just making you upset because I'm so dense :P

- Kenny

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
I just now realized (the wife noticed) that the scenario above the chart should say "...limit is set to 600..." Instead of 500! Now it makes sense :)

Nope, the example is correct in saying that the limit is set to 500.  If the limit was set to 600, and there were zero credits as in the example, and you hit a 600 credit win, you would get 600 credits to the meter (not hand paid).  If it's set to 500 (or even 599) and you hit a 600 credit win, then it would be a handpay since the single win amount is greater than the hopper limit.

I'm going to play out the 778 credits we now have on the meter from yesterday's party and try 5-0 setting again with 1600 on the max hopper limit. This will cause a hand pay for jackpot only, right?

I guess it depends on what your definition of a jackpot is.  :)  If you have it set to 1600, the machine will allow the credit meter to climb up to 1600 coins.  If there's a single win that is 1601 or greater, it will be a handpay.  If you happen to have 1,500 credits on the machine and hit a win of 150 coins, it'll pay them out of the hopper since it won't let the credit meter exceed 1600.

Or should I set it to 9999 so I can accumulate the max amount of credits possible?

That's what I'd do personally, but it's up to your personal preference.  Another option would be to set it one less than the top award so that the very top award is a handpay, and everything else will just add to the credit meter.  I don't know what game you have in your machine, but if for example the top award is 4,000 coins, set the limit to 3,999.

Or am I just making you upset because I'm so dense :P

Nope, not at all.  While the S+ is a workhorse of a machine, its settings aren't the most user-friendly.  Once you figure it out, you'll have it, but there is a learning curve.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:56:35 AM »
Thank you so much knagl - you're help (and patience :facepalm: ) is most appreciated! I hope you've had a great holiday.

- Kenny

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal