New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My card flips aren't making the "flip sound."  (Read 10863 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
My card flips aren't making the "flip sound."
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:07:37 PM »
This is happening on my recently acquired Game Maker which is an earlier mode. The sounds all work on the sounds screen including "card flip sound," but when I play a game, they are silent during the dealing. I don't see any dip settings for this. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:11:30 AM by Ron (r273) »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: My card flips aren't making the "flip sound."
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
Someone has got to know this I'd think.
16 views and everyone is scratching their heads?  :Scratch-Head:
I know this may have been a stupid question. But I searched the hell out of NLG and can't find anything similar.
I can't see that they're be card flip sounds in the sound test window but no card flip sounds.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:51:21 PM »
ok, I'll take a shot-

does this machine have 2 different speaker systems, maybe in test mode it uses the basic speaker but in the game play mode it uses the other (enhanced) speakers sound system and something has happened to that 2nd sound system? If you have more than one speaker have you checked that all are connected?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:41:45 AM »
ok, I'll take a shot-

does this machine have 2 different speaker systems, maybe in test mode it uses the basic speaker but in the game play mode it uses the other (enhanced) speakers sound system and something has happened to that 2nd sound system? If you have more than one speaker have you checked that all are connected?

Nope... just a single speaker. It's very similar to my newer Game Maker and sounds are identical...other then the flip sound not registering on this one.
I appreciate the response though. I guess all the Game Maker people have fled the forum. Hey were did the rolling laughing icon go??? This looks like him but he's not rolling anymore.  :rotfl:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:21 AM »
I don't know any thing about the Game Maker, but in your options menu or some place else can you control the speed of the card flip? I would think it would be in a similar menu, or submenu, like 2.1,or 2.2 like you see in the setup of other machines?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
There is a setup for game speed and color of each game but there's no sound settings in that menu.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »
Have you read thru the Game Maker discussions in the old NLG archives? There are a lot of threads about No Sound and Low Volume issues on the Game Maker over there. Here are a couple of them:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=1717.msg12389#msg12389

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=27176.msg208541#msg208541

You can do a Search in the Game Maker forum for "sound" and a lot of threads come up. Maybe something over there will get you going on what is the problem.

In particular they said to check switch #2 on dipswitch #2, it is set ON or OFF depending on whether you are using enhanced sound with an addon deluxe sound board, or just using the standard speaker. You could try putting switch #2 in the opposite position and see what happens after rebooting machine.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:34:25 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »
I did find those links earlier before I posted... but thank you, again!
I also tried dip switch 2 but all I got after re-booting was just no audio at all. I'm at a loss with this.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:04 PM »
You said in original post that it is an early model Game Maker, what is the model number? Is it similar enough to your other Game Maker machine that if you wanted to you could swap around boards or other subassemblies that might at least pin down what is causing the problem? Or could it be that the game software you are playing requires the enhanced sound board when the game is running to produce sound? Maybe someone before you got the machine installed some software other than the original software to that machine.
You are probably familiar with the following attachments, but just in case...     :garfield:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:56:39 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
Seems like it is a dipswitches on the board that does it, but not sure.

Just looked at the legend rokgpsman posted for DIPS, it could be the Deluxe Sound?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 09:56:27 AM »
Shoot...thought I posted that here. I think I did in a PM to him.
Yep...tried the deluxe sound and I got no sound at all.  :no:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 11:27:52 PM »
 Okay this makes NO SENSE to me...
I am just playing the "Big House Bonus Poker" game. I hit a full house and the card flip sound APPEARS.
It will work fine until I press menu and go to another game. Then it goes away. If I go back to BHBP, it is still gone. It returns each time I get a full house.
For fun I tried changing card backs but that didn't do anything.
ANYONE??? I'm stumped.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:18 AM »
If you play a different game and get a high hand like the full house or some other bigger jackpot does it also make sound then? On some of the Williams games I am familiar with they had different sounds and sound levels for low, medium and high jackpot levels. Maybe somehow, somewhere, the sounds for lower level activity is turned way down or muted but the higher level sounds are still enabled?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:02:33 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 02:20:27 AM »
Tried that... nope!
And, the thing is, I have another Game Maker and it makes all the card flip sounds all the time and there's no way to enable or disable them there.
I even wiggled out the sound chip and pushed it back in... no change.
Miffed I tell ya... I'm miffed!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 08:01:40 AM »
Can you swap different things around from the machine with sound to figure out what is causing the problem with this machine? Or do you think the problem could be in the wiring instead of any circuit boards? Is there a voltage from the power supply that is only used by the sound circuits?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »
Are the 2 machines running the same mains? I'm thinking that might be it...we've heard before, on other platforms, that when they run short of space on the EPROM, sound is the first thing to go, since it is not critical. Or maybe it was never even intended to be there in the first place, who knows.

Compare the mains and report back!  :wave:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 10:49:20 AM »
I was wondering if your games chips just have a problem? Have a corrupt sound chip? Like CVSLOTS said, a different version of software could be your problem, and just programmed that way.. I found that out when I got my Game King, it was running 5.3 if I remember, but it was different then my friends GK with the same software. He could do different thing in his Black Jack game then I could...
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »
I did re-seat all the chips. I also removed that particular game chip and rebooted. Still, not flip sound.
I'm headed home and...it's after 5! Something is calling me.  :drinking_wine:
I'll do a main check when I get home, and report back.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »
Mains are
V7M1000A0604-20
V7M4000A0604-20

Much older (1994) than my other Gamemaker (1999), but I don't see why the card flip sound would appear after the Bonus poker game... and then go away.
It can't be any wiring. All I can think is that it's maybe a corrupt chip... but I did replace that particular game chip with another exact game and got the same results.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
After thinking about it more, it almost HAS to be the software. If all mechanical devices appear to be the same, then what's left???? Hey, if you really wanna know, swap the Mains...otherwise, I got nothing. You can't troubleshoot if you don't have a "constant"....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal