New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-200 not taking any bills, needs cleaning bad!!  (Read 17824 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: DBV-200 not taking any bills, needs cleaning bad!!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
Have you had a chance to get into the machine's setup menu and make sure the machine is set to accept the different denomination of bills? If the bills are set to "disabled" the machine will cause the DBV to reject them. The manual that Tilt sent to you has instructions on how to enter the menu system and then go to the Bill Validator Configuration screen. The different settings are changed by using the front panel buttons that normally are used to play the game.

Here is a portion of the page in the manual covering the Bill Validator Configuration screen:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:18 PM »
Well let me try this again.. i orginally posted in my CDS wont coin post..

I went into the menu today and looked around.. I found the communication test, but I wasn't sure what to do? I took a couple pictures of different screens. One show some numbers under bill valadator. I can clear the numbers to zero, but start growing right away again. The other screen shows configuration, and current settings. It shows its set as a quarter machine, but under bill validator its showing a $0 for 0 credits?
I do not see a way to make any changes? I'm thinking of pulling the MPU out and taking to battery out. I think this is the only way to totally start over?
I know when I tried inserting a dollar bill in test mode I was getting a dirrection error? I thought the DBV-200 would read from any dirrection?

I don't remember seeing that menu page today?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
Gary, there is several optics on the transport. Some may be very small thin slots and need cleaned with a thin cloth like a bed sheet. Trace the wires to each sender and receiver to find them.
Tim.. I took a quick look today and didn't see any optics in my transport?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »
Have you had a chance to get into the machine's setup menu and make sure the machine is set to accept the different denomination of bills? If the bills are set to "disabled" the machine will cause the DBV to reject them. The manual that Tilt sent to you has instructions on how to enter the menu system and then go to the Bill Validator Configuration screen. The different settings are changed by using the front panel buttons that normally are used to play the game.

Here is a portion of the page in the manual covering the Bill Validator Configuration screen:
I went into the Bill Validator Configuration section, and This machine doesn't display that page.. 
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
I went into the Bill Validator Configuration section, and This machine doesn't display that page.. 

ok, probably due to a difference between your UV-1510 and the UV-1910 that manual covers. Your menu system setup screens should show somewhere what bills are enabled that the validator is allowed to accept.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
It does in the bill validator test. If you go back a few post of the blue screens, I think its the first pic shows bill enabled.. To to right shows 1,2,5,10,20,50,100..

I have one page that allow me to enable or disable 50 & 100's.  Then another line just above that, and it ask to enable new currency, or disable. I have this one on and the $50-$100 off.

When I run the validator test I keep getting a error for direction of the bill being inserted? It's the same for every dirrection tried.. I thought the DBV-200 reads the bill from any dirrection?
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »
It does in the bill validator test. If you go back a few post of the blue screens, I think its the first pic shows bill enabled.. To to right shows 1,2,5,10,20,50,100..

I have one page that allow me to enable or disable 50 & 100's.  Then another line just above that, and it ask to enable new currency, or disable. I have this one on and the $50-$100 off.

When I run the validator test I keep getting a error for direction of the bill being inserted? It's the same for every dirrection tried.. I thought the DBV-200 reads the bill from any dirrection?

That sounds like your machine does have the bills enabled. The difference in the way the screens look versus the manual is probably because your model of machine has different software than the model that the manual covers. But the configuration settings should be similar, just presented differently in the menus. I think that was what Tilt was referring to when he passed that manual along.

You are right, the DBV-200 allows the bill to be inserted in any possible way. That "direction error" you are getting may be another symptom that your DBV head is bad. However, due to our not being familiar with the CDS machine there could be another reason the validator is not working. Too many unknowns to say for sure.

In one of your photos it looks like there is a circuit board mounted to the bill validator assembly that is on the right side of the DBV head (when facing it from the front). If so, is that circuit board connected to the connector on the right side of the DBV head? Any idea what that circuit board is for, could it be causing the problem?

It looks like to me you are probably going to need to locate someone with a similar machine that you can borrow their bill validator from to test in your machine. Or find a bill validator with CDS software you can install to see if that fixes it. I sent a message out to a person that did have some extra DBV-200 heads to see if any of them had CDS software (ID-004) but haven't heard back from them. There are places that will test and repair your DBV head if needed but that might not be cost effective. Are you determined to use the bill validator, or would using coins only be ok?

Attached is a photo from the JCM manual showing what the lower sensors look like so you can find and clean them. The upper sensors look similar, they are in the part of the head that swivels upward.

I found the DBV-200 Operations & Maintenance manual on the JCM website, it has several pictures showing how to disassemble and where the sensors are for cleaning. Some of the sensors are optic for photo id of bill, some are magnetic to detect the magnetic strip embedded in the bill.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:54:01 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
I did clean the upper and lower optics in my DBV-200.. I did not totally take it apart. I just released the latch holding the top half in place, then flipped it open. I cleaned everything with a window cleaner, not rubbing alcohol.. The only thing that was really dirty on mine were the rollers, the belts were not very dirty..
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »
Gary, Have you tried the DBV head test?
You'll need access to the DIP switch on the head as you will be turning the DIP switch on and off and you will need to see the blinking light on the bezel which will produce a blinking light code.
All DIP switches should be OFF for correct settings for your acceptor.
Is there a pic on the entry to show which direction the bills should be inserted?

TEST--
With POWER OFF go to bottom of the head and DIP switch DS2 which has only six switches on it and turn ON switch #6.
Now turn ON the power
Next Turn OFF the DIP switch #6 .
It should cycle.
Now put a dollar bill in it, what does it do?
It will accept or reject a bill, what did it do?
Then if there is an error there should be a blinking light code that repeats with a slight pause between each so you can double check the blink count code.  Report back.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Tim.. I took the front off my bill acceptor to get to the dip switches. When I changed #6 on the shorter dip switches, and the acceptor just cycles back and forth. The red led lights go off and on. Here are a couple pictures of where and how this DBV-200 heads mounted..

I've also included a few pics of the curcuit board attached to the DBV-200 head
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »
Gary, take that head totally apart and clean the optics. Dust and smoke gets in there and can cause one optic to be blocked. Also the clear lenses which the optics scan thru make sure you hold them up to the light and look thru them for dust. Also make sure the clear plastic lens is not pushed in below flush of the surface of the black plastic they are mounted in. Sometimes they get pushed in/down from cleaning. Disconnect and reconnect all the wire connections in there. I did this to a Bally and it worked.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 08:37:13 PM »
Also try this test. The test I had mentioned earlier is without the head attached to the stacker. I failed to note that. Do the same test but with switch #1 off along with #6 turned off on the same bank.

With POWER OFF go to bottom of the head and DIP switch DS2 which has only six switches on it and turn ON switch #1 and #6.Now turn ON the powerNext Turn OFF only DIP switch  #6 .It should cycle.Now put a dollar bill in it, what does it do?It will accept or reject a bill, what did it do?Then if there is an error there should be a blinking light code that repeats with a slight pause between each so you can double check the blink count code.  Report back.

Also there is more test in that PDF for the stacker test if the head test are OK[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:41:16 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
My biggest problem with try to run test is the lack of cable to work with. There is very little slack to play with, plus the way it's mounted in this frame work. They sure built a solid mount to hold the bill validator. I have 6-8 screws holding the head in place.

I'm beginning to wonder if all this work is worth the effort to just run singles, since I can't seem to locate any newer software..
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 08:28:51 AM »
Gary, if you want to use $1 bills,  if you can locate a DBV-145 SH 004/BAR, it will work in there. I could not find one. Also looking at the pic, that green board connected to the side of the head, is it shorting out on the frame? looks really tight there.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
Tim,
That board has a clear plastic insulator on the backside. I think the hardest part is finding a DBV Head with thE CDS programming. I wonder if Roz has any thing at their shop? Single would be perfect for this machine since it can't really be update to any of the new bills, at least with the 004/BAR software.
And remember...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »
Gary, I an take a look around, but I believe most of the CDS we got had WBAs. I can check for the software of nothing else. I will let you know if I find anything...don't hold your breath though, lol!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
Gary, I an take a look around, but I believe most of the CDS we got had WBAs. I can check for the software of nothing else. I will let you know if I find anything...don't hold your breath though, lol!

Were you able to locate the newer software version? I'm still looking for a replacement DBV-200 or 145 head thats from a CDS machine or VCL...

I'm heading back outside to try the tests that Sunrise Side (Tim) suggested. I will post back later..
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »

Were you able to locate the newer software version? I'm still looking for a replacement DBV-200 or 145 head thats from a CDS machine or VCL...

I'm heading back outside to try the tests that Sunrise Side (Tim) suggested. I will post back later..

Don't forget about that suggestion that if you can get any working DBV-145 head, then I can send you the .bin file for the CDS eprom from a DBV-145. You can make your own CDS eprom, remove whatever eprom is in the DBV-145 and insert the CDS eprom.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
Well I thing I'm pretty much done here with this CDS machines bill acceptor. I cleaned it a second time, and tried to run a test. In test made the bill head would not stop cycling back and forth, untill I turned off the dip switches. I don't know where my problem may lie, due to the fact I don't have a second bill head to swap out. I guess it's time to close this thread since I can't locate a different bill head..
And remember...

Offline JCMtech

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JCMtech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2015, 03:24:03 AM »
I have attached the manual for the DBV-200. On page 10 you will find the test modes. You can test it without the stacker by using the "bill registry without stacker" test.
The unit may need calibration. There are two types of JCM callibration paper. The one with holes in one end if for WBAs and should have a sticket that says that. The other is for DBV-200s and also has a sticker. Because they were obsoleted a few years ago, you may have a hard time finding the callibration paper. Maybe one of the vendors has some in stock.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal