New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 20" Monitor fogged in corner..  (Read 10150 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Bally 20" Monitor fogged in corner..
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:11 AM »
The lower left hand corner is fogged up or is smoke. Can anyone give me some advice on what I need to do to clean this up?

If its not that easy, I can live with it.
-------
Charles

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
Re: Bally 20" Monitor fogged in corner..
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »
This is usually cig. smoke. The only way to clean is to seperate the touchscreen from the LCD and clean both pieces.It's a tedious process and takes some time to do. If it's not bad I would let it go.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:50 PM »
This is usually cig. smoke. The only way to clean is to seperate the touchscreen from the LCD and clean both pieces.It's a tedious process and takes some time to do. If it's not bad I would let it go.

Yeah, Its not a big deal. Good Advice..lol
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
Well, the monitor from one of my Alpha's had an unacceptable level of "stuff" on the touchscreen.  While in-game, it was ok, as it was in toward the edges. But then I changed to a game with brighter colors and the grime really shows up.  I took apart the monitor and separated and cleaned the touchscreen glass.  These things are really well sealed and I cannot fathom how in the world so much crap gets inside the enclosure.  There was a very good seal of 2 inch electrical tape going around the assembly, then glass was attached to the monitor frame with a 1/8" thick dual sided sticky foam tape (a real pain to remove, took me around 1 hour to remove the glass carefully).  The LCD itself was clean, not a spec of dirt on it, but the inside part of the touchscreen was NASTY.  I wiped the thing down 3 or 4 times before I no longer got either black or yellow stuff out of it.  I still don't know how all this dirt got in, the monitor as I said is well sealed.  In any case now I have to put it back together and was wondering if anybody had a preference on what type of two sided tape to use between the frame and the glass.  The width of the old tape was about 1/4" and was grey colored.  Anybody know where to get something like this.  The 2" electrical tape I saw at home depot once, so I'm going to get that to seal them together, but I don't think I've ever seen grey 1/4" dual sided sticky foam tape before.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »
I did the LCD screen on my game king, it had the same problem. I used the 3M two sided tape and just cut it down the middle with a razor blade. I then bought cloth Gaff tape off EBay to reseal my unit. I like the Gaff tape much better the electrical tape. It might cost a little more but looks great and it easy to work with.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
We do the same ---- cut 3M tape in half. I use black 2" duck tape. This tape holds a lot better than electrical tape. Nice job not easy to do.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
It seems easier to attached the touch screen back on. I have yet to REMOVE ONE! I tried on a bad cinevision monitor and cracked the damn thing!

Any tips?
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
Very sharp/new exacto blade and a lot of patience.  The touch screen wires are as small as hairs nearly.  I have done a couple on ones that had extreme smoke in them.  I alos use the 3-m two sided tape and some black very sticky tape-same as used on these things that I had back from my ford days. They would give you a whole roll for one recall per kit and only needed to use about 8 inches from the roll!. After removal there will be a lot of two-sided tape stuck to both parts-just take your time on the removal of that.  Also when using exacto/razor etc. it is good practice to stay low as close to the metal frame of monitor as possible-stay off that touch screen-one wack and your done!.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
I'll post pictures tonight of the assembly process for future reference.  I wish I'd taken a photo of what the thing looked like when it was dirty.  It is definitely easier to put it back together, but I wanted to get other's experiences, no sense on re-inventing the wheel if others have it down to a science.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
Mine looked like white ghosts in there when off.  On some when on you could not even see it, Until a more colorfull graphics wise kit was put in as you stated.  For a note,  I did one on a cinareel and one on a regular 20inch and some on igt's as well.  About 4 years ago I tested on a junk one (already had cracked touch) to learn on the good ones!.  Not really that bad-Just a little time-consuming.  If you are a bull in a china closet type-***Do Not Attempt this***-- :Tongue_Out: .

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »
If you are a bull in a china closet type-***Do Not Attempt this***-- :Tongue_Out: .

LMAO
-------
Charles

Offline DF777

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DF777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »
There is no need to mess with the double sided tape or the black tape.The monitor snaps into the touchscreen frame.
I have had 3 apart to clean,it took me about an hour for the first one then about 20 minutes for the other two.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
There is no need to mess with the double sided tape or the black tape.The monitor snaps into the touchscreen frame.
I have had 3 apart to clean,it took me about an hour for the first one then about 20 minutes for the other two.
-- :Scratch-Head: .  Must be a diff. one (s) than I have seen. -"snap-together"   This is factory equip. we are fooling with here. 

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:03 PM »
All 3 are Tatung L20XX factory installed on S9E's

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »
Nothing like a "jiggly" touch-screen!.  I dis-agree with this DF777.

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 05:43:11 PM »
I am not familiar with the word "jiggly" but anyway have attached pics of touch screen and monitor seperated.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »
Df777,  This is a Good post with pic's.  most of the bally monitors are Tovis.  The touch is "adhered" to the monitors.  Thanks again for the post. 

Offline firebird71

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • firebird71 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »
DF777, the only problem I can think of for the way you are doing them is that when you go to install that back on the LCD, you run a high risk of damaging the ribbon cables in the upper corner/edge of the LCD. If those are damaged the whole panel is un-usable.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 06:34:26 PM »
I think this all goes smoother if at First one states model and type on these, It would avoid a lot of confussion.  The modern stuff is 'adhered".  And Most are Tovis.  Nothing wrong with tatung either and that looks very much like a easy clean up there. I have many tatung monitors, many v-32/alpha-2 which I need to finish checking out -all touch. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 07:57:15 PM »
Mine is a tatung and it is adhered.  There's no Touchscreen frame like the one shown in the pictures.  Well put it all back together and guess what?  Some of the black stuff is behind the LCD surface = unrepairable.  It is quite a lot better than it used to be, but it still has the blank gunk in places.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  In the first picture you can see the areas that have the black gunk.  The second is in-game, barely noticeable.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal