New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Keno  (Read 5891 times)

Offline mateo107

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • mateo107 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King Keno
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »
Hi There,

Just picked up a sight-unseen Game King Keno, Multi-Game, machine.

The machine was *supposedly* working (we all know how that goes).  Looks like the touchscreen needs calibration.  Trying to turn the key twice with the door shut brings up the calibration menu, but it just sits on "Taking Ambient, Please Do Not Touch The Screen" and doesn't move passed that.  If I try to do this process with the door open, that screen stays up for a bit , but moves around the screen as if it's actually doing something and eventually it will tell me to close the door to complete the calibration.

In either case, I never get to the "press the center of the dot" to calibrate portion.

If I try to do the "test touch screen" the 'drawing' goes ALL over the screen.  Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Looks like this machine was a CRT thats been converted to an LCD at some point.  Attached are all the pictures I could get.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Game King Keno
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Just something to start with here. Sometimes, in moving, things get wiggled out or loose. Check all your connectors starting with the plug that goes in back of the LCD as well as the other side where it plugs in the back of the machine. Do this with power OFF of course. Make sure your MPU (computer board above LCD) is plugged in fully. Just give it a firm press.
If you don't try calibrating, does the machine boot up and display anything?

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »
Sorry, should''ve mentioned that I already unplugged everything and checked connections.

Noticed (as you can see in the pictures), whoever made the DB9/serial connector did a pretty hack job with wires nicked and whatnot, so I replaced that, same problem.

I should probably also note that this machine does not currently have a bill validator installed, so it is throwing a bill validator error as well.  Any way I can tell it to ignore that error for now?  I'm seeing something about Netplex having issues if Bill Validator isn't there.  Maybe that's part of the problem?

Now, I'm trying to source a bill validator.  Can I use one from a Bally S5500 or I have a few megatouch machines that have bill validators, perhaps I can use one of those?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »
Did you get a key/clear chip with it? I have a game king and it's not that hard to do the clear and then go through the settings to tell it there's not BV, for now. But you did say it was supposedly "working" when you bought it?
Someone else will chime in soon as well!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »
You cannot use a validator from a Bally unless you change the firmware on the validator to IDO024.  Depending on the brand, that may not even be possible.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »
I don't know anything about a clear chip at the moment.  Unless it was on the board when I got it, I don't have it.

Where do I get one?  I'm assuming eBay and how do I determine which one I need? 

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
Also, if I have an EEPROM burner, can I download the clear chip image from somewhere?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
Post a picture of your mpu and we will be able to tell what clear chip to use.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
attached board pic

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
There's no labels on your EPROMs to determine what software it's running.  You can get that information from the menu system though.  Press the MPU self Test button, then touch the accounting button, then Program Version Accounting.  Take a picture of that screen and we can find the right key.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:34:07 PM »
Thanks Tilt, but that's the problem.  My touchscreen isn't working properly.  Is there any way to control the menu system without it?

It was recommended to clear the board to reset everything to see if the touchscreen issue is with the controller or monitor or board/settings.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »
Ah ok.  I thought it was just out of calibration but still working.  It's a long shot that a keychip would help with your problem anyhow.  It's probably the touchscreen or the controller causing your problem.  Can you see any damage to the touchscreen?  If not I'd look for another controller and see if that fixes the issue.  That's an older style one you have.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »
i wouldn't mind try another controller... any ideas where I could get one fairly inexpensive to test with?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
I think I may have one that I removed from an old CRT.  I'll dig around a little tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
i wouldn't mind try another controller... any ideas where I could get one fairly inexpensive to test with?

What does the machine do, exactly, at power up without pressing anything other than flipping the ON switch?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »
OK, I found a touchscreen board like yours in my spare parts bin.  It worked when I pulled it is all I can tell you about it.  If you'd like to give it a shot in your machine PM me an address to send it to.  If it works then make a contribution to NLG in the amount that it's worth to you.  If it doesn't fix it then sent it back.  Fair enough?

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »
Thats great!  Thanks Tilt!  Will do.,

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:26 PM »
For the record you have a 3802 board, so you will need a key 17.  Not sure if a key 22 would work as well.  I've never had a 3802 board so I've never tried that combination.  But key 17 was the earlier one.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »
Does anyone have an electrical diagram for my machine?  Or, any thoughts on how I could test this other touchscreen LCD panel I have?

I'm assuming the DB9/Serial connection is fairly straight forward/standardized, but how would I get the video-out off the backplane, and into the SVGA connection on the monitor I have?  I don't mind wiring my own rig to test this. . . just need to know what wires go where.

Attached some photos to assist.  Thanks!

PS: (still waiting on your TC Controller Tilt, thanks for sending!)

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »
Wiring/schematic diagrams attached.  Your LCD will not be in there as the machine originally had a CRT monitor in it.  Your LCD kit looks like it was something that someone put together themselves?  You said that you were having bill validator communication errors as well.  The touchscreen and bill validator are Netplex devices and share the same bus.  If one is bad it can cause problems for the other.  Try pulling your bill validator out and see if the touchscreen works.  If not, disconnect the netplex connector from the touchscreen controller and see if the bill validator communication error clears.  The Netplex connector is J100.  Make sure to turn off the power when disconnecting things. 

Where does the other end of that DB25 connector go (the one with the frayed black nylon casing)?  To the monitor shelf connector?  If you can take a picture of it.

I sent the controller out Monday, it should have already been there.  Looks like USPS screwed up delivering it, not sure if it was because of the snowstorm out that way, but I wouldn't think so since it hasn't left Michigan yet.

Here's the tracking info:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405803699300416060872

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:39:16 AM by Tilt »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal