New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Williams Doozie - EM Pinball HELP...  (Read 3632 times)

Offline JoeyLC_III

• NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JoeyLC_III New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Williams Doozie - EM Pinball HELP...
« on: April 09, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
Evening all, I am new to the EM world. Not however new to Arcade scene. I just acquired my first EM Machine. A 1968 Williams Doozie. I am having some issues with it. When i got the machine i had no lights, nothing at all. Went through looking for blown fuses, stuck solenoids, wires unplugged bad solder joints, etc. I have managed to get the game up and running, (well kind of) The machine comes up, adds credits, and just runs and runs. Not sure the proper term, I believe it is called a score motor. Any way, it just keeps running non stop. I have been able to get it to stop a few times and be able to play the game, however it is not consistent and can not remember exactly how i achieved this. I am missing something just not sure what it is.
[/color]Any help would be greatly appreciated, or even a manual for the game. Thanks for looking guys.
[/color]FatalityTech
Joe ---
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Williams Doozie - EM Pinball HELP...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:26 AM »
it will run on and on until it sees the game has fully reset. most common is score reels not going to zero. also could be score reel zero switches out of adjustment, where the reel is at zero but the game doesnt see it.  also any bonus counter, or other feature that shoudd count down . check stepper units to be sure they step up and down freely. the last thing in the reset is kicking out the ball to the shooter lane. take the ball out and see if it stops.  its a learning curve with EM and your arcade experience will be near zero help, they are totally different animals.  with the ball out of the game, you can also  manually release the reset relay in the bottom board to stop the sequence and see if it plays.  you might then see something that doesnt look right. its a lot of knowing what is supposed to happen, and keen observation.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
Steve might have the papers for machine: http://www.pbresource.com/mansch.html

I would start with the score zero switches like puck said.

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
manual, no schematics
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/624/Williams_1968_Daffie_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

its a daffie, pretty much the same as doozie. yours is a replay, doozie is an add a ball. 

you can find other schematics for 1968 williams single player games on that site using search. 68 was a funny year with williams,  not all the games use the same wiring schemes.

Offline gamesmedic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • gamesmedic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Gamesmedic.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »
Taken me 20 years to master the EM machines. If you still need help, PM me. I can do SKYPE video chat and help you through it. I ain't perfect, but who is.

Alan,
Gamesmedic.com

Offline SummitTrouble

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • SummitTrouble New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »
I agree with puckhead, he knows his stuff. Score motors rarely go bad or are the cause of a non-successful reset, the score reels can be a main cause. Check the switches on the score reel that doesn't reset. Be careful with them, they can be tricky. Read an on-line instruction guide to score reels so you have an understanding of the switch locations and functions. Good Luck!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal