New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: wms 550 money to burn ram clear issue  (Read 1472 times)

Offline blujezter

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • blujezter New User has no influence.
  • NLG
wms 550 money to burn ram clear issue
« on: June 20, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
 Hi everyone,

This is my first post, here we go..

I have a Williams 550 chrome cabinet machine with a single screen and I was swapping software out and  every time I try to load the game  and ram clear the money to burn chips I get a invalid config error after the secure memory cleared message. I get this error with the multi denom clear chip and single denom clear chip. I can change to any other software and the game works fine. I thought maybe my chips might be bad, so I took out some good used eeproms , erased them , burned these chips from my back up files and still have the same problem.  Just to make sure it was not the eeproms on the second attempt erased them again and loaded Best things in life on the same chips and they work fine and ram cleared with single and multi denom clear chips and they both work.    Is there something a dipswitch on the io board that I need to change??? the board I am using is 1.5 plus cpu board.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Blujezter

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: wms 550 money to burn ram clear issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
Welcome to NLG, glad to see you here!  :wave:

I'm not a WMS 550 expert, others here will hopefully offer suggestions when they get a chance to login. Maybe there are jumpers on the cpu board that need to be changed for the Money to Burn chips to work correctly? Sometimes game software is stored on eproms that are different size than other game eproms. Do you have the manual for the WMS 550 machine, if so maybe there is something in it about cpu board jumpers. Since the other game software you tried works ok then I'd think the problem is related to this specific game. Look on your cpu board for all jumpers and find out what each one is for. Especially if the jumper is located near the eproms that contain the game or sound software. For example, the jumpers may have positions to allow use of either 256mb or 512mb size eproms. If the game software for the games that work ok is a smaller code size then the jumper position may not be important, but then when the Money To Burn software is installed it may be large enough to cross the size boundary that the jumper enables. Just an idea to check out....

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline blujezter

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:19:17 PM »
 You might be right on that jumpers and chip size, I checked the manuals I have nut they do not address specific game software. can look at the file sizes and compare my jumpers for 4 or 8 meg chips. funny thing is that actually crossed my mind briefly when I was tinkering with it the other night.. I will check it out and post my findings.

thanks for the advice, it is a better avenue than making a green pcb Frisbee. That was why my next idea!

:Crazy:
Blujezter

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »
Just make a note of the current position of the jumpers, then move them to the other position and see if that makes a difference. If not then move the jumpers back to the original position. I'd only mess with the jumpers that are near the eproms, other jumpers on the board may be for something else, unless you just want to try it. There should be a chart or diagram in the WMS 550 manual that shows the jumpers and what they are for. Sometimes if you carefully look on the circuit board next to the jumper it will say something like "256" on one side and "512" on the other side. Or it may just give the jumper number, like "JP48".

Let us know what you find out, it might help others that find themselves in a similar situation.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline blujezter

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »
  :duh:
 Finally got it worked out for those who are interested.
Did check the 4 meg and 8 meg jumpers and it didn't help. went back through the manual three times. Nothing in the manual.  I had ram clear at least 1000 of the machines, so I knew I had clear chip procedure correct. I ended up going by my storage and pulling out my master cd with my rom data saved and  reburned the chips and it looks like some how my files on the computer were saved wrong in the folder for money to burn. Erased reloaded from my original cd and it works fine now. I highly suspect a 3 year old midget has been messing with my laptop.

So problem solved!
Thanks Everyone for the help.
 Now onto my quest for some bally alpha 2 backplanes

Thanks
Blujezter

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal