New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma Hopper parts needed  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Steverd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Steverd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma Hopper parts needed
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
Been a while since posting, I was on the old forums.
I have an old Sigma Video poker machine that the hopper keeps jamming.
I've tried to adjust the knife blade and still jamming with quarters.

Can I replace the knife blade any a newer style?
Maybe replace the pinwheel if I can find one?
Does anyone know where I can get old Simga parts?
Thank you
Steve

Offline ALIDMAN

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Sigma Hopper parts needed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:31:42 PM »
I think it would be much better to take the knife out and take full picture of it and added to your posting .

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »
Steve. Send me a PM. I have a person that you can email that might have a hopper knife. I'll send you his email address. You will need to remove your hoppers knife to take a picture to send to him. You might as well post a picture of it here too. It could be a common knife. I have some for Bally hoppers but I don't know if they are the same as yours without a good pic to look at.. 

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:47:57 AM »
Your knife should rest up against the pinwheel, perfectly flat, no gaps what so ever. the tip of the knife should rest on the shelf wheel,  when the hopper jams what exactly happens??

you can check the operation out side the machine, push in on the motor brake, this will allow the motor to be turned using the star agitator. ( its best to remove the hopper bowl  to do this) now you can advance the operation and observe what is going on!. the knife is the same as used on older bally, williams machines.  your knife tip looks suspect, I'll check out my unit tonight and take some pictures of it. 

P.S.  your star agitator looks as if it is getting ready to melt down, this is typical of those type, it will make a mess of all your coins and hopper parts.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Firebird

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Firebird New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »
looks like this hopper has a dollar pinwheel and shelf plate, it has to much gap between the pins on the pinwheel and the coin sits low on the pinwheel.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 07:14:43 AM »
now that you mention that, it doesn't look like the two pictures are of the same hopper, the top picture looks like a 50 cent pin wheel with a dollar shelf wheel,  that would cause a jam.  put a quarter on the shelf wheel where you showed the coin jam, the top of the quarter should be within a 1/16 of an inch of the top of the pin wheel.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Steverd

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
Wow, thank you every for all of the replies, I wanted to post more photos of what's going on.

Here are photos of the knife, I think it's seen better days.

Offline Steverd

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
looks like this hopper has a dollar pinwheel and shelf plate, it has to much gap between the pins on the pinwheel and the coin sits low on the pinwheel.

Here is a better photo of the pinwheel in the hopper with a 1-1/4" gap and a quarter one I got from Rudys Deal with a 1-1/4"
So the spacing is the same, if I am measuring this correctly.

Offline Steverd

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »
Finally when it jams you can see that the quarter kicks the knife off of the shelf and is super wedged in between the post and the knife. I usually need a tool to un jam it.

Thank you for any further thoughts on this hopper!!
Steve

Offline Firebird

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Firebird New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 06:31:14 AM »
I think Jim is right, look like a 50c pinwheel with a $1 shelf wheel. You can still see some of the marking from the half dollar coins on the pinwheel. The quarter also looks like it sit so low on the pinwheel, I doubt it even triggers the counter when it exits the hopper.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »
I think this happens more times than people realize. These machines are decades old, some were originally built for dollar or half-dollar coins, then years later someone converts them to quarters but doesn't change the hopper parts. Or a different hopper is installed into a machine when the first hopper has a problem, and the replacement hopper was made for a different coin size. When the machine is played it works well enough that the person thinks all is ok, or they don't bother trying to fix it if they see it isn't exactly correct.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Steverd

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
I think Jim is right, look like a 50c pinwheel with a $1 shelf wheel. You can still see some of the marking from the half dollar coins on the pinwheel. The quarter also looks like it sit so low on the pinwheel, I doubt it even triggers the counter when it exits the hopper.

Thank you for the INFO - very much appreciated!

SO then, can I even try to find the 25c parts? (the shelf wheel? Rudy's is out of stock)
OR can I find a replacement Hopper?
I do not have any 50c pieces or Ike dollars to even test out.. Arghhh.

What would you do?
Again thank you for all the help.
Steve

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 01:36:07 PM »
I probably have a Sigma hopper, it has the long coin bucket on it, you can swap that part from one to the other.  has a decent knife on it and a quarter shelf and pin wheel.

let me know

Jim

Signature:

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
I took a couple picture of some hopper parts I have here. My quarter pin wheel has about 1" between the pins and the coin is about 1" below the coin wheels Edge when sitting on a quarter shelf wheel. The $1 coin wheel has about 1 3/4" between the pins. A dollar shelf wheel is about 4 1/4" across center, and a quarter shelf wheel measures about 5 1/4" across center. These measurement are from parts off of hopper parts from a IGT S2000. I think they wod be similar on your hopper. I did notice that in post #8 that your hoppers knife is not sitting on the top of the shelf wheel, but on the front of it.

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »
Here is what you are looking for

Offline gordy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • gordy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
That knife is a Hillary knife !  Crooked from bending .  Later posts look promising. Think the $ Sigma knife is heavy duty.  Prob have one.   A switch to a 25c is a good alternative and I too probably have all the parts. Recent very competent postings have you on the right track.  If more help needed let me know.  Gordy

Offline Paull

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Paull New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 06:09:51 AM »
Sorry to dig this topic back up but... I have an sg300 set up for quarters but the hopper is for 50c :( I am also in need of a bill Validator cassette. Would anyone be willing to trade hoppers ? Or sell the parts. Thanks!

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »
Sorry to dig this topic back up but... I have an sg300 set up for quarters but the hopper is for 50c :( I am also in need of a bill Validator cassette. Would anyone be willing to trade hoppers ? Or sell the parts. Thanks!
I have a 25 cent SIgma hopper out of a slant top. It worked before a scrapped the machine out. PM me your email and I'll send you some pics. No luck on the BV cassette.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline Paull

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Paull New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
Awesome thanks! Email me at plisska@gmail.com

Offline gordy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • gordy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »
Got together a pinwheel, knife that looks the same as a Sigma and a 25c shelve wheel [ IGT ], BUT I'm guessing.  It is better you get a whole hopper. Gordy

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal