New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hot Peppers Vision  (Read 30258 times)

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Hot Peppers Vision
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
I recently replaced the MPU on my s2000 vision. I ran a clear (IVC 97), then key (key 31). I had the bottom half of the machine working (the vision screen only says "initializing, please wait"). I put $100 bill in and was playing. at some point I hit cash out to test the ticket dispenser. Well, for some reason the machine got stuck. It still showed the credits but no buttons would light up or cause anything to happen. So, today I ran another clear and only got the top amber light. When I get to the part where it should say "game type mismatch" it never goes that far. Anyone know why only 1 amber light on the top? I got 2 the first time. Also, any info on why the vision never boots up would be appreciated. I am attaching a pic of my chips. Thanks in advance.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline mikec200

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mikec200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Hot Peppers Vision
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 04:08:53 PM »
Try a clear again and if you only get one amber light press the test button on the mpu board and you should get a second.  Just went thru this last evening. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
Didn't work. I'm getting a bad eeprom error (bad eeprom -0x4). From another thread I found that this eeprom is located at U2 on the backplane board. In there case it may have been installed backwards. In my case that isn't possible since I never removed it and it was working last night. Maybe it's a "stuff has to break sometime" situation???

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »
Please mark as solved. The problem was a bad connection from MPU to motherboard. I pushed in on the MPU while booting and viola!  :thank_you:

Offline mikec200

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
Poorly seated mpu would cause all sorts of issues for sure.  Glad to hear you got it working.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »
Only problem is, the vision screen still only says "initializing, please wait..."

Any clues?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »
 Are your legs all good on your chips? I'm assuming it all worked before so should not be chip mismatch. When you get it going I would love to see a short video of the bonus round. Never seen the Hot Pepper Vision.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline mikec200

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »
Did the vision portion work before or always said that?  There are a few other old threads with this issue, with various reasons from incorrect mix of proms for vision game, to loose or missing cable that are needed. I'd take a look at those.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
I see what you have now. Using SS chip from S+. You will only get Good Luck and sayings like that with that chip combo, no bonus play. I think you might have the SS chip in wrong. I think the notch goes to the top with board notch. It has to be offset and I believe without game 1 and 2 chips. SS and SB don't go together I think. SS and SG yes.

check this thread.   http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5380.40

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »
The vision has not worked since I go the machine. Well, nothing worked. I bought a used MPU because of varta damage. I started another thread concerning only the vision issue. The reels are working great right now.

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 08:11:50 PM »
I think if the bottom of the machine comes on and there are no errors, and you can actually play that you have the wrong software.
Does the bottom VFD display say msverify app, try to start?  Also I didn't think that vision machines with top displays used sb001000 and ss eprom.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 01:57:23 AM »
No msverify app. You may be right about the sb001000. Honestly, this is my first S2000 as well as my first vision. I have no clue what chips should be there. I can't even find any info or anyone who's ever seen a hot peppers vision. Which makes finding the correct reel chip seem impossible (I'm assuming that is where the vision part is stored but not sure). All of the current chips are what came in the machine and it didn't work at all. I picked this up cheap so I don't mind spending a few bucks. I just have no clue where to start. I guess replacing that SS chip with the proper one would be the hard part. Like I said, I can't find any info on a hot peppers vision machine.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 03:54:01 AM »
The 1000 chip lets the SS chip work. On some machines the top monitor will show the reels spin the same as the reels themselves. Show messages saying "Good Luck" "Try Again" etc.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 04:02:19 AM »
I can live with no bonus game. I just want the LCD screen to work as it should. I have worn myself ragged trying to learn about these chips. S+ machines are so much easier. I'm assuming that when the LCD reads "initializing, please wait" it is waiting for a signal from somewhere else like the MPU or one of the chips on the MPU. If someone has changed the original chips for some reason then I have no idea what they were or should be changed back to.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 05:34:59 AM »
Am I understanding this correctly? With the proper SB & SG combo for my game, the SS slot would be left empty?

Also, I think I have found a good combo:
SB100055
SG380

What do you think?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 06:40:37 AM »
SB100055 is for a 3C game. Yours is 2c SB100056 in a standard S2000. Not sure if it is correct for the Vision. SG380s may not be compatible with your ATA/BGM  flash card. Post a pic of the card indicating the numbers & I can look up the PSR. PSR for SG000093 is below along with a pic. SG000380 requires ATA1065 or replacements. The flash card should be inserted behind the monitor.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »
I would bet whoever had the game before you couldn't find the right software to use it as a vision game and put the S+ software in it to get it to do something not caring about the vision part. You'll have to get the right software to ever get the vision screen to display a picture of any kind as it will not advance from where it's at without it. Give it time and maybe someone, like 777Sizzler will chime in with the answer you need. He's got some pretty good contacts in the slot business as do some of the vendors here on the site.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 08:50:32 AM »
Here are the pics, front and back. I agree with Cowboy about the previous owner. I'm too OCD to leave it that way though. So, does the SS slot remain empty once I find the correct SB/SG chips?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:42:27 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 08:52:38 AM »
I don't know why my font is so tiny in that last post. I agree with cowboy on the previous owner. Nice catch on that SB chip RB. Once I find the correct chips, does the SS socket remain empty?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »
Ok, here's what I am finding. Your game does not appear to be a bonus game. The PSRs are below for ATA10045 & BGM00000. The other BGM files will not apply to your game. BGM00000 PSR states:

BONUS GAME FEATURES
Bonus Game Type   Generic, bonus type 0.
Bonus Display Type   Interval.
Triggering Event   None.
Teaser Screens   None.
Operator Options   Progressive display enable/disable.

BONUS GAME DESCRIPTION
With this program, the machine can run without a bonus game when used with SB000001 or SB001000, or display the current progressive meter amount on the LCD.  To display the progressive meter amount, select the video display option.  When the progressive display is disabled, the LCD displays a background screen or slot game functions such as cash outs and interval wins.

If you use a standard S2000 base chip (100056), the SS chip would not be needed, however I don't know if it will work in conjunction with the Vision monitor. Maybe someone more experienced with Visions can verify this. Another option is to remove the monitor & use standard S2000 chips SB100056 & SG000363s along with a non vision Hot Peppers top glass.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal