New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Pro 6000 - One machine "talks," one doesn't. Why? And other questions...  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Jasonmichael

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Jasonmichael New User has no influence.
  • I have the slot sickness...
Hi all:

I've been playing with IGT S+ and S2000 machines for a few  years now and have gotten pretty good with them (though I still turn to the experts on NLG when I'm stumped).  I recently started playing with these Bally Pro 6000 machines and I have some questions.  The more I read through these boards the more questions I have.  So here are a few questions:

1.  Attached are photos of two MPU boards that I have.  One of the machines (the one with the coin-type battery) "talks" when you fire up the machine - the other doesn't.  Why?  Is this a setting - or is it something on the motherboard?  I'm perplexed.

2.  I read about these leave-in reset chips.  Why would I want that?  What does it do for me?  And where can I get them? 

3.  Both machines have printers but neither works - I have them both set to dump credits to the credit meter and to turn the reset key to "hand pay" if someone hits the coin out button.  I've read that you need the chips to be 2003 or newer to use the printers -- and I'd like to get them running so that you can print out a voucher (I understand they cannot then use those vouchers to load credits back onto the machines).  Can you tell from looking at the boards whether they have/do not have the chips needed to allow the printers to function?

4.  If I'm going to keep only one of these two machines is there any benefit to keeping one board over the other?  Or are they basically the same?

5.  One of the machines (the one with the coin battery) seems to have enhanced sound.  Is that board related or simply chip related? 

Thanks for any info you can share - looking forward to knowing these machines better!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
As far as one talking and not not the other could be just the volume is turned down on one of them. the sound board has a volume control on it. The sound board is to the left of the reels. There is two different types of sound boars to my knowledge. Both your boards I believe are the same.  The coin battery is not the proper or original battery on these boards.  It should have the half  AA 3.6 volt type. The leave in mains with printer support will give you  the printer  enabling and easy RAM clear with flip of a switch. TJ Lee has these.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal