New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: V20 questions  (Read 16913 times)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: V20 questions
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
Here is what the most common dual-vid. graphics card approved for Bally looks like.  As Rick stated there is another also and I can't get to those now.  The one you have looks like one for a regular computer pc. 

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »
I tend to agree at this point but as I mentioned earlier every vendor I check shows the card I have. I really hate to argue with the vendor I bought it from but they're not going to believe me when I tell them it won't work, they're going to figure I'm doing something wrong and refuse to give me a refund. Plus even if they did give me a refund and I bought another from a different vendor I would most likely receive the exact same one that won't work... I'm never going to get this machine working....
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
here is a description of the card i have directly from a vendors page

Bally Alpha 1 Video Card NEW[/font][/font]This is to be used in a Bally Alpha 1 Slot Machine. Compatible with Video-228PCI-Twin, Nvidia FX5200, Bally  Video Card OEM PN 200951[/size][/font][/color]Found In:[/b]
[/size][/font]
  • Bally Alpha Machines
  • Bally M9000
  • Bally Alpha 1[/size]

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
I would say to keep investigating the video card and software as well.  Just because I don't recognize it does not mean it won't work. You should get a true dual video game cf to test all this as what you are using was not designed for this. A 512 box with dual vid. and a measly 128 file.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
I'm no computer code expert by any means but after looking at the boot up info in the 2 pictures I posted earlier this is what I "think" it's means. In the 1st photo it looks like the machine sees the card and attempts (or does) install a driver for it. In the 2nd photo however it appears that the driver could not be used or not inserted as the last line of code says. (Sorry for the blurry pic, it's the best I could do) As I said earlier this is the last thing that shows on the screen before the top monitor immediately loses its signal. What does everyone think? Am I reading that correctly?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »
I know I am no code expert either.  I do Know that if you would have started out with good equipment this thread would not be active. Many want to skimp and cut corners on their desires,  Sometime-mostly it does not work out that way.  Buy from certified vendors Here-They know what works or go to goodwill/salvation army and continue on the low-low.  Just my opinion .  I have worked on these Bally games a Long time,  Have some that are worth as much as small houses or lux. cars.  Hope you get this going.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
Based on your picture of the boot process, the nvidia card is not found during the probe.  The boot process always attempts to load the Nvidia driver. The Nvidia.ko file is the kernel module (i.e. kernel level driver).  After the Nvidia.ko loads, you should see the results of the system probing for a supported pci vga device.  In your case, it shows nothing, which means the Nvidia.ko file that loaded does not support any currently installed nvidia card.  This is a picture of my system at the same time as your first photo.  Note the sections that says:

PCI:  Found IRQ 9 with 0000 : 00 :02 :03 .0

^^^^ that is the Nvdia card.  IRQ 9 is the BIOS Interrupt used to access the video card.  Your boot shot does not find any PCI devices after the Kernel module is loaded.  If the Nvidia card you had was supported, you would have seen the same message after the kernel module loaded.

Also, note that the first thing that shows on the screen for maybe 1 second or so right after you turn on your system but before you begin to see the bally alpha bios post messages, should be the Nvidia card bios version and memory information as shown on the 2nd photo here.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »
Here are photos of 3 different revisions of the bally "compatible" video card.  Note that they all have the pcb number 82228M/Vx on top of the heatsink, where x in my case is 4, 6, and 7.  The backs all look exactly the same, with the stickers having different information on it.  All these look similar to the photos 777sizzler posted.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »
So obviously I need a different video card. Does this mean that this card would not work on any alpha 1?  How should I go about getting the correct card if this is the only one the vendors I know of have listed?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »
The card you have is not supported by the video driver used in the Bally OS, so other than having a "cloned" image, you wouldn't get anything else out of it.

The one being sold by "ellarygaming" (SP?) is not the correct one, as evidenced by your experience.

The one from skygaming (based on the photo) looks to be the correct one.

Of course the only way to guarantee 100% it is the right one is to purchase from someone who has actually tested the card in-cabinet.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2016, 02:12:47 PM »
Update: The new video card arrived today and everything is finally working correctly. In an effort to make sure i got the right card this time I actually had 2 sent to me from separate sources, I have future plans for the 2nd card anyway. I even bought a 1G cpu as recommended numerous times but it was delivered to me smashed to pieces and obviously non-functional so i currently have no choice but to run the 512 that i already had but so far the game seems to operate just fine in that cpu. I really want to thank everyone that helped me to figure out what the problem was, there were some questions that i probably couldn't have had answered any other way or by anyone else and i greatly appreciate it.
Here's a pic of the machine up and running.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
Glad you have it running .. and that it wasn't a software issue.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »
Your game looks great!
Glad you got it figured out  :yes:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2016, 02:38:38 PM »
Glad you got the right card. This hobby can be frustrating, especially if the vendor claims that part will work, but they obviously have not tested the part properly and they are not selling you an OEM part.  The community here at NLG is a gold mine.  More often than not, someone has gone through your issue as well, and it is the willingness to share that which makes this place what it is.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal