New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: moved evo cabinet now monitor doesn't power on  (Read 4376 times)

Offline john398

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • john398 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
moved evo cabinet now monitor doesn't power on
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »
I am assuming this maybe a grounding issue but I am not sure

My EVO unit was laying on its back for about 6 months while I worked on it, I finally got it working so had a friend move it into the how and in the upright position, I did remove the suitcase before the move

Now with suitcase reinserted monitor does not power up at all, I am getting a video signal as I have hooked up to a different monitor as a test, of course that monitor does not have touchscreen so cannot use it I do not think

Anyway can someone point me to a link or tell me what to troubleshoot first

Thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: moved evo cabinet now monitor doesn't power on
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:57:16 AM »
I'm confused (as usual) - so the machine appears to have no power at all with the correct monitor but, with a replacement monitor there IS power?
If you have a CRT (I assume), carefully check the internal plugs (like the one to the picture tube itself) but watch out as it may have some  :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt: in it. So, you may want to discharge the CRT first if you know how.
Report back.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:39:46 AM »
I'm confused (as usual) - so the machine appears to have no power at all with the correct monitor but, with a replacement monitor there IS power?
If you have a CRT (I assume), carefully check the internal plugs (like the one to the picture tube itself) but watch out as it may have some  :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt: in it. So, you may want to discharge the CRT first if you know how.
Report back.
D

sorry to confuse you, theres no display to the monitor the video out to an external monitor that I use for my computer it gets a display so I know video out is working on the suitcase
'yes its a CRT I will check internal plugs.

maybe see where the main power is for the internal monitor

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
I took screws off the CRT and noticed the led thats by the horizontal vertical controls does not light, should this be lit above the CRT when the slot unit is on?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
It sounds like you might not be getting power to the CRT.  When you power up, is there any static on the screen that you can feel?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:54:08 AM »
It sounds like you might not be getting power to the CRT.  When you power up, is there any static on the screen that you can feel?

no static at all, I would expect at least a message saying loss video single, tube in back also does not glow, so I think your right

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »
Can you check the plug where the chassis slides into? It's probably fine but once in a while the pins can get shoved back out of the housing. Same thing for the CRT side, although those are usually fine.

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »
Can you check the plug where the chassis slides into? It's probably fine but once in a while the pins can get shoved back out of the housing. Same thing for the CRT side, although those are usually fine.

when you say where chassis slides into do you just mean the monitor chasis? I know they suitcase and the cpu most be connected fine because all the lights come on, I did not realize monitor slides out on a chasis too I will check that

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »

that was it the monitor came loose from its plug, thanks so much 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:00:04 PM by john398 »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »
Glad to hear.  :applause:
Post a picture of the working machine when you can.

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »
Glad to hear.  :applause:
Post a picture of the working machine when you can.

here you go
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:32:35 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
Looks great!
But, you've got Blazing 7's software and the Beach Party glass.

Offline john398

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »
Looks great!
But, you've got Blazing 7's software and the Beach Party glass.

yes I bought it off ebay for $10 local pickup, did not realize the softwware did not match the panels til I got home, the guy I bought it from said he got it at an estate sale and could not get it working . I had to do clear ram and replace battery and it worked, Maybe one day I can find beach party cd and eProm

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal