New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: V20/32 conversion  (Read 3396 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
V20/32 conversion
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:22:46 PM »
Hey guys I'm wondering how feasible it would be to convert a V20/20 to a V20/32. I've been into slots for about 2 years now which I know really isn't that long but I've never seen or heard of anyone selling just the 32" monitor top box so availability is my first concern. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but even if I do find one I don't expect it would come cheap. That brings me to the next issue of cost, it may be that it would be too expensive and not worth attempting. Lastly I've concerns about size, my current set up will allow for a top box no longer than 38" however I do have a shorter stand that would allow for another 4". To get anymore clearance I would have to modify something.. Hopefully some of the experts here can help with answers, and of course any input or advice offered is always greatly appreciated.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: V20/32 conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
It's pretty easy.  Find/get a v-32 door and monitor and build the top box.  Done it many times and of course find a factory top box and door monitor.  Odds are you will find the door before the top box-which isn't big as it is just a extension from bottom half.  ***CORRECTION*** I Looked quickly and thought it was just a conversion to v-32.  The conversion you want to do is easier-Just get a montior and build the top box to fit it-Then find a facade like fireball or something to trim it out or make your own. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:54:53 PM by 777sizzler »

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
It's pretty easy.  Find/get a v-32 door and monitor and build the top box.  Done it many times and of course find a factory top box and door monitor.  Odds are you will find the door before the top box-which isn't big as it is just a extension from bottom half.  ***CORRECTION*** I Looked quickly and thought it was just a conversion to v-32.  The conversion you want to do is easier-Just get a montior and build the top box to fit it-Then find a facade like fireball or something to trim it out or make your own.

That's good to know! I was already contemplating doing just as you suggest, build it. I would have to find a fireball facade as I don't think I could fabricate anything that would look decent enough, not sure where to look for that. Also I'm wondering if any monitor would work, I would think so as long as I get the vga and power to it. However I'll go with the factory monitor if I can find one that's semi-affordable.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
You can find the metal box and probably the facade but they can be pricey.  Try LA Slots if you don't want to build anything and go plug and play-by then you could find a original fireball etc. machine I would think for what they want for parts at times. 

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
You can find the metal box and probably the facade but they can be pricey.  Try LA Slots if you don't want to build anything and go plug and play-by then you could find a original fireball etc. machine I would think for what they want for parts at times.

Yeah I figured they would be the most likely place to have what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll end up trying this so I'll post how it goes.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »

Ok I've got the monitor and the Fireball facade is on the way, I'm now planning out the construction of the top box and I have a couple questions. The first is about what material to build it with, I was thinking MDF but you may know of something better? Sencondly I was thinking about the whole center of gravity thing and was wondering wether or not I should build the box so the monitor leans back a little to keep the weight a bit more centered?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
My plan is to have fixed front, and build an access door on the side for when I have to plug/unplug things.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 05:20:35 PM »
Update: The facade arrived and I've built the top box. Considering that I have never seen a factory box for a 32" monitor I think it turned out well (see 1st pic below). I simply waited until all the major components arrived then figured out what I needed to do to make it work. It probably looks nothing like a factory box but it gets the job done. The 2nd & 3rd pic show how things fit and lastly the 4th pic shows it's current state, operational but only about 90% finished. I still need to get the light panels installed and wired up and i have to cover the top box with black laminate so it looks like the rest of the machine. Also need to do something about the belly plaque. I'll post more pics when i get it 100% complete.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »
Looks great dude!! Are you going to add some LEDS to light up the Fireball graphics?
-------
Charles

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 05:53:31 AM »
Looks great dude!! Are you going to add some LEDS to light up the Fireball graphics?

Thanks! I have all the factory led panels and corresponding wire harnesses, I'll probably work on getting them installed today. I'll post a pic later of it lit up.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 12:33:28 PM »
Here it is all lit up, nothing left to do now but cover the outside of top box with black laminate.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This looks great man! If you have 2gigs of ram and a 1gig board you can also run Fireball 2! Not as good as the original as its tough to hit the bonus but its an option. Makes me want to do this project on one of mine.
-------
Charles

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This looks great man! If you have 2gigs of ram and a 1gig board you can also run Fireball 2! Not as good as the original as its tough to hit the bonus but its an option. Makes me want to do this project on one of mine.

Thanks! I do in fact have 2 gigs of ram and a 1 gig board. Fireball2 ? Hmmm... I just may have to track down that software.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 07:13:24 PM »
I just couldn't resist converting my other V20 as well and this time i went with Vegas Hits Road Trip. The facade for that game is much too tall for the ceilings in my house so I decide to try my best at making something. The pic below shows what I came up with. It's comprised of fiber board, formica, 12V directional led signal lights, 15" wheel beauty rings and chrome auto body molding. Since the game is road trip themed it seemed fitting to use auto parts in it's construction. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but I think it needs more lights, I may end up adding led's around the rings.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »
It looks really good. You did a good job on that one and the other. Patience and work always prevails.-- :cool_thumb_up:

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »
It looks really good. You did a good job on that one and the other. Patience and work always prevails.-- :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks, I really tried to make sure it didn't look too amateurish. I really wanted it to appear as though that's exactly how it was meant to be from the factory. I'm not sure if I hit that mark or not but as I said I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I guess that's all that matters.. :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal