New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: new guy having troubles...Error code 80  (Read 8174 times)

Offline seth6025

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • seth6025 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
new guy having troubles...Error code 80
« on: December 02, 2016, 03:34:19 PM »
Hi, I am new to the slot machine world lol My machine has been working great but all the sudden I am getting an error code 80 and can't use the machine. I have done some reading and I seems that I might have a bad chip. I also have read that depending on my board I may need chips to clear it and then new ones or other boards have chips that can clear themselves. Im not sure and could be way off lol. My question is how do I know what chips I have and how do I know what ones need to be replaced? Also can I buy them from this site? Here is a pic of machine and board. Any help would be great. Thanks

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: new guy having troubles...Error code 80
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 06:47:56 AM »
I would change the battery and clear the slot.  You need a set of clear chips and battery.  WHen changing the battery I would use a two cell battery holder.  See the pic below.  PM me as I can help you out with this.

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:30:21 AM »
Ok thanks, do you have a link or know what I should search for, for the chips? So you think all I need is clear chips and not new ones after I clear it?

Offline seth6025

• NLG

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:30 AM »
That will not work.  You need clears for a Bally s6000.  If you can't find them send me a PM.

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:13:35 AM »
Ok I found some and ordered. Thanks

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »
Do you know what causes the code 80 checksum error? Could I have fried some chips?

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
I don't think so.  CHKSUM means your game chip info doesn't match what is in RAM on the slot.

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 10:29:35 AM »
So do you know how that could happen? Was working fine then this. just trying to understand causes for future reference. Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 11:36:05 AM »
It sounds like the battery on the MPU board is low on voltage. Once they drop below a certain voltage the machine will quit working till the new battery or battery's as pictured.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »
So is that battery pictured just a normal 2 pack battery holder from any electronics store soldered to the board? Nothing else different? Going to 2 batterys wouldn't be too much voltage or anything?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 10:59:21 AM »
You are correct on the battery holder. I would take some sticky back Velcro and stick the holder to the board. As for the battery voltage, it won't be a problem.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »
Ok thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
So is that battery pictured just a normal 2 pack battery holder from any electronics store soldered to the board? Nothing else different? Going to 2 batterys wouldn't be too much voltage or anything?

The original battery is about 3.6 volts, you can read on the side of it and see what voltage it had when new. It is called a "1/2 AA" style due to its physical size.

The 2 standard AA batteries in the battery holder are 1.5 volts each when new, so you get about 3.0 volts from them. That is close enough to work ok until they run down. Having the battery done this way is also a little safer since it gets it off the board where it can damage stuff if it leaks.  But by doing the battery this way you will be starting with 3.0 volts instead of 3.6 volts, so when the batteries eventually run down and you get a low battery warning/error from your machine this will happen sooner than if you were starting with a new 3.6 volt battery. Just wanted you to be informed about it. I don't think it will be a big problem either way, but naturally starting with a 3.0 battery pack instead of a lithium 3.6 volt battery you will need to replace the battery a little more often. They also make a battery holder for the original type 3.6 volt battery, that makes it easy to change batteries. So if you are going to be soldering the 2-battery pack and wires to the board you could just as easy solder in the 1/2 AA battery holder for the original style 3.6 volt battery. Changing the battery would be easy and you'd have the full 3.6 volts available to the mpu so it would take longer to have a low battery problem.

Neither battery setup is recharged by the mpu board.

If you have a place near you that replaces or rebuild battery packs in devices (laptops, phones, tablets, toys, etc) for people they would be able to do the soldering for you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:03:13 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 01:22:18 PM »
I guess the one on my board right now is a Tadiran 3.6v AA battery. Someone must of changed it already from the half size

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
ok. You can get the solder-on battery holders in different styles and sizes, so can get the one that fits your board for a 3.6 volt battery. The other way using the standard AA batteries also works. Since your battery is dead you can get any 3.6 volt battery you want to if you decide to install a battery holder for it on the board. The original battery has leads so it can be soldered directly to the board, saves the cost of the battery holder for the slot machine company. But those 3.6 volt batteries come with or without leads, your choice. By installing some type of battery holder you will be able to change the battery very easy next time, no more soldering and less down time.

I'm not sure how low the battery can go before your machine will give a low battery warning. But tjlee wouldn't be using the standard AA battery pack if they ran down quickly. And buying 2 standard AA batteries is definitely cheaper than one of the 3.6 volt lithium batteries. I just wanted you to know of other choices out there, there is nothing wrong with his idea.

The battery's job is to keep the bookkeeping data and other stuff intact in the mpu cmos ram chip when power to the machine is off. If the battery is dead or too low then the cmos ram data gets scrambled/corrupted when power to the machine is off. That was probably what caused your cksum error. When you get an error like that it is good to do a quick check on the battery just to see if it is low, since it is easy to check and fast to fix.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:49:43 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »
Sounds good I will see what I can find at the local shop. Thanks

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »
Ok so I replaced the battery and now I am getting lights flashing and im getting "E" showing up on the display. I did not do the clear chips yet because I did not have them but I see they were delivered today so I will try those tonight when I get home. Is the Letter E normal after changing the battery? Does it sound like the clear chips just need to be used?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 06:08:41 PM »
Not sure about the code. Is your polarity correct on the new battery?

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 06:14:59 AM »
Yes battery is correct. I used the clear chips and got it all up and running but after one night of use I am getting code 81 for battery low. Weird because I put 2 lithion batterys in it. Not sure why im getting the battery code

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal