New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Money Honey 742A-1G  (Read 16834 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Money Honey 742A-1G
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
Its funny when we have friends over anybody loves to play the slot machines and the wife loves the compliments and laughs. I have them in our spare  room so its not like they are in the living room or bedroom...women can be fickle at times but I love her. I live in Lake Forest area in Orange county and travel to the CAF Museum in Camarillo to fix Warbirds 3 times a month so I 'am game on gathering a small group to meet centrally to eat,drink and talk slots. Anybody interested can PM me so we can set something up in the future. I finally got pictures of my possible new Money Honey machine and will be going to check out next Saturday. The seller says everything works except the payout light card on top has no wires and he not sure if the wires are in the machine and the middle reel sometimes stick and just spins but not all the time? I would like your FEEDBACK on the value and maybe a check list? Here is my newbie list below.

Bring Money, Check Power cord, Turn on machine and make sure everything lights up, Drop in coin to see if coin accept light goes on and handle releases,Watch timing on reels from left to right and listen for reel arm to snap in place, test payouts to see if they match reel glass and winner paid light comes on and listen to hopper and winner bell operation, make sure winner paid light goes out on next spin(zero switch resets hopper to zero) Pull reel assembly and check wires, Beua plugs and condition of wiper board contacts/fingers, check for broken springs and bent connecting rods/dry grease, Pull hopper and check B-Plugs, zero switch, Payout wiper board and fingers, resets back to zero (10 step method from Bally book) check Roller and knife and all wires to coils and contacts to look for burn marks...long list sorry guys!   

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
That machine looks very clean, and the marquis is intact which can be hard to find. I might suggest  you also consider multi-coin machines. They  break the monotony of one coin in and pull handle.

I understand perfectly about wives and machines in that spare room. That is where I have my slots, (and one in the garage) yet there is still that resentment. Whats a husband to do?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 06:46:57 PM »
Billy,

I don't think this is the machine that has or had been on Craigslist for a long time.

Your check list is complete, can't think of anything else at the moment.
Oh, one of my machines, if its not been ran in awhile it takes some playing before the coin accepted
light works and the winner paid to reset. Just laziness on my part, needs a little monthly maintenance.
The machine looks to be in great shape. I was surprised to see both tray lights working.
Don't think I've bought a machine with the coin tray lights working and or the bulb sockets are missing.
I've seen these machines come up occasionally, but they go fast.
Hope you get it for the right price.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 07:28:29 PM »
Hi David, Yes outside looks pretty good with signs of  chrome tarnish and the inside looks clean but I have to look at the guts. I don"t like the fact about the reel is sticking and the top payout card doesn't seem to match the reel glass, almost looks like the lite is not part of the machine..I "am searching the web for pictures to compare

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
Hi Jon, Interesting information on the 742a white sides, if you get a chance please post some pictures so I can check out your slot children!

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 08:30:16 PM »
Were the 742's made in cabinets with and w/o upper units?  Seeing 742's that are in cabinets like the 809.

jim

Jim

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »
Hi Jim, I did not get a picture of the data plate but I do know they made Money Honey Kits in the late 70"s and this slot could be one of those conversions of a 809. I only found one reference picture on the web but it does not have any information.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 03:06:47 AM »
Right now it's sitting in the game room the Marquee it's still in a box somewhere as I have recently moved to Michigan from Northern California when I get done I will post you more pictures that is a beautiful machine you're looking at do not pay too much it is a kit machine yes you can tell because the door glass does not say Bally's and they never made a money honey in an option case R Daniel I still have not found the boxes of candle lights

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 06:41:49 AM »
Nice Slot Machine Jon! It has the correct reel glass that is missing from my 742A 1-G. A big move from N Cal to Michigan but I bet you get a lot of house and property for your money in that state. Yes please post more slot pictures when you get settled in and maybe throw in a few of your new home...have a cousin who lives in Kalamazoo and he's got a lot of land surrounding his home.Regarding price on this M/Honey Kit slot what would be a fair offer? Guy is asking 6-700 bills which includes a extra reel glass that I have not seen yet. Best Regards 

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 08:22:44 AM »
The only issue I see is that the marquee on top states that three watermelons pays 50 while the payout glass states it pays 100.
Let me know
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
Yes Dave I notice that also, maybe he has a different marquee that he thinks is a reel glass?, what do you think its worth?

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »
I would first, set the machine up to pay the melons and see actually what it pays. Then you can determine what you need to look for. I am thinking that you can get a basic glass that will show the bars and not the melons. That way the only description of the melon payout is the plexi marquee on the top. But you need to see what the payout is.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 11:03:08 AM »
The price is whatever the market will bear down I don't think I'd go over 400 450 on it unless it's working perfect and not much over that no way when I go 6 for a custom-built machine with a kit

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
I agree if it was a real Money Honey with the matching data plate $600 would seem fair,my plan was to offer $500 and then swap out the reel glass into my 742 1-G M/Honey  and resale the unit down the line but  that wont work either because the payout is wrong on this glass. Still going to see this machine on Saturday and make an offer.Thank you again for your honest feedback

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »
AFAIK all 742s were low-boys. Check to see if top unit is an add on. People who did conversions often put all new Formica on outside.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »
Hi Old Reno, That information makes sense based on all the pictures I have seen and read on NLG, I will add that top unit inspection to my check list-Thank you!

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
It may be that someone took an 809 or other cabinet and stuffed the money honey reels and glass into it. That's my guess. Look to see how much wiring goes to top unit...if it has a large beau plug then it's probably a retrofit.
Not that it's a bad machine (all ballys are good) but if seller claims it is original 742 then you might suggest you doubt that.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 06:54:36 AM »
Ok I will check that out, and yes I like the look of this Bally machine also but only if the price is right. Thanks again

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 09:05:48 AM »
I ended up buying this machine with the extra reel glass and it was working great until last night....hopper not resetting (winner light on) and now no power to coin lockout or coin micro switch. Fuse are good,dashpot switch is closed,hopper resets to zero, Zero switch is closed,can the reel A or B switch be another issue?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 09:08:32 AM »
It goes through the real machine b switch that is the horizontal mounted switch on the left side the real machine

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal