New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Replace SP872 with SP1271 - Not sure of myself!  (Read 2066 times)

Offline jkp1300

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jkp1300 New User has no influence.
  • Every day is a gift!
Replace SP872 with SP1271 - Not sure of myself!
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:22:44 PM »
Hey everyone, first post since y'all helped me get my Double Diamonds machine back on her feet in November 2014!

Back then, coorslight115 suggested I replace the SP872 game chip with a SP1271 for some enhanced features. I bought the chip but shied away from installing it and got involved in some other things - namely grand kids! Anyway, I had to replace the CMOS battery yesterday and reset the thing so it would pay to credits again. I ran into the same old problems I had back then with 5-0 not paying to credits although that is what it should do. I had to go back to my old posts to see that, for whatever reason, I have to set mine to 5-2 and 7-1 & 7-2 to 999 (or not 000 at least) before it will pay all wins to credit. However, knagl said that I really didn't want to do that because soemone could push cash/credit and make it throw all the coins. But since that button is inop on my machine and it doesn't work on 5-0, it was my only choice. It makes no sense to me but that's the way the darned thing is. For the life of me, I've read that SP872 PSR right/left and up/down and it might as well be in another language!

A couple of details about my machine that may cause a different answer to my question: The cash/credit button is nonfunctional and it doesn't have a bill feed system (validator?). The reel chip is SS3442.

So my question is if I were to try and change out my SP872 with the SP1271, I don't think I can just swap it out and everything will be hunky-dory. It appears that I will need a set chip (or chips). Can someone tell me the one(s) I need to get along with a link to the instructions that must be on this forum somewhere? I've read about needing a set chip for the bill validator but I don't have one. I've also read that you might need one to reset the coin denomination.

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge but I spent a couple of hours searching the forum and couldn't find anything that made me feel like I could do it without feeling somewhat uncertain.

Thanks in advance - Kenny

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Replace SP872 with SP1271 - Not sure of myself!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »
Hey Kenny, OK, you don't have a B/V so unless you're changing the denomination no set chip is needed. Changing to the 1271 is an easy job. I'm sure you know the drill, so we won't go there. If not let us know. Some of the PSRs are really hard to understand. The 1271 is a user friendly one that should be easy to navigate. The cash/credit button could be disconnected underneath or it could be cracked and the spring that actuates it is not working. I have bumped these things with my arms and cracked them and didn't even know it. They are very old and don't take much punishment. According to the "Bible" you have a 2cm with a 92.5 % payout. Put the 1271 in, chances are you'll only have to deal with the 61 error. If you've not had this before do not turn the reset key until after the 61-1 and shutting the door and latching. Sounds like you've been there. Bottom line, put it in, we're here if you have trouble. The 1271 is a really good SP chip.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Cool - thanks Shaggy. I do want it to stay at the current .25 coin. So just to be sure...I power down, swap the chips and fire it back up? It'll most likely throw a 61 and when I close the door it should change to a 61-1 and I can turn the reset key to clear it?

From there I can just go thru the settings using the "SP1271 family of game chips: Typical setup for home use" document I've downloaded from this forum.

- Kenny

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:51:58 AM »
Cool - thanks Shaggy. I do want it to stay at the current .25 coin. So just to be sure...I power down, swap the chips and fire it back up? It'll most likely throw a 61 and when I close the door it should change to a 61-1 and I can turn the reset key to clear it?

From there I can just go thru the settings using the "SP1271 family of game chips: Typical setup for home use" document I've downloaded from this forum.

- Kenny

Kenny after swapping chips (make sure of the orientation, notch facing correctly), fire up the machine. If it goes to 61, push the test button for a few seconds. It might ding but they don't always. The display should change to 61-1. Close and latch the door and turn the reset key 1 time. It should go blank and then maiden spin and insert coin come on and be ready to play. Then the 1271 settings that you've downloaded. Good Luck.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
Thanks for your help Dave. I'll report back to let you know how it went.

- Kenny

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal