New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need to replace CC but not sure what i have...  (Read 10122 times)

Offline milandjr

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • milandjr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need to replace CC but not sure what i have...
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
need some professional help...  A neighbor gave me an old slot he had.  Its an IGT S+ i believe.  I am new to all this but am fascinated by these machines...  I need to replace the CC but only have the model number and these photos.  I believe it is circa 1989-90.  any help would be much appreciated! 

Hoping that this is a new hobby!  Wife is hoping i drop the slot on my toe...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:04:16 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Need to replace CC but not sure what i have...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:43:19 AM »
Welcome to NLG, good to have you here!

Are you sure you need to replace the coin comparitor? It looks like maybe yours doesn't have the "sample" coin installed. Just slide the round cover (with the arrow pointing) to the right and install a quarter (or whatever coin your machine uses). The machine won't accept a coin without a sample coin in the coin comparitor, that's how it knows what coin to accept.

Can you post a photo of the entire machine, that way it can be identified.

...Hoping that this is a new hobby!  Wife is hoping i drop the slot on my toe...
Wives are like that sometimes. Wait until you get it working and she starts playing it,
things will be different.   :garfield:

Here's a couple of examples of coin comparitor with coin installed:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:41:58 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:02:44 AM »
yes i actually pulled the sample coin out to free up the log jam behind it.  what happens is as the coins are dropped they jam up and you have to open it up and clear it.  It is a nickel machine and i will post some more pictures when i get home.  3 coin, coffin top, progressive from the Flamingo.  After i get her up and running like a dream i may start looking into how to get the progressive to work...

appreciate the feedback and hope i can figure out which CC to get to replace this one.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »
Does it accept any nickels, or do none of them fall thru? Have you checked the coin path, to see if there is something blocking the nickels from dropping thru?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:20:48 AM »
I would remove the comparitor and see if you can drop a coin straight through it out of the machine.  If it gets stuck, the "rake" that diverts the coins if they get rejected might be bent so it doesn't let coins through. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
it runs hot and cold.  if you kind of drop the nickel with some velocity it works, if you kind of set it in and gently let it drop it jams.  path seems to be clear, also no real consistency with what type of nickel sticks and what falls.  just a mess of randomness...

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »
thanks RICKHUNTER i will take a look at that as well...

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »
There's a little, weighted swing arm across the coin inlet at the top of the comparitor. Don't remove it, but remove the thumb screw weight from it and see if that helps

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 12:34:14 PM »
Looks like his swing arm may have been removed?

milandjr: the swing arm thing is also known as the coin damper. It being gone may be your problem. Compare yours to the other photos posted earlier.

Attached below is the official explanation of the damper arm from the company that makes the CC-16.

Until you can locate a replacement coin comparitor you can probably use yours by forcing your cc rake to stay open all the time. You can fold up a piece of paper to the right thickness to hold the rake open. The rake is on the backside of the comparitor.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:55:20 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »
rokgpsman you are correct.  in my adventures i removed this thinking it may have been gummed up.  it was relatively clean i just didn't put back in yet.

I like the rake idea as well i will give that a shot...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 12:58:45 PM »
As cowboygames mentioned, the weight on the arm may be sized for quarters, so it may be a little too heavy for nickel operation. You can remove the round chrome weight by unscrewing it. But I'd put the pivot arm back in, it helps by keeping too many nickels from getting thru too quickly.

Don't forget to check the rake operation as rickhunter suggested. You should be able to lift it with your finger and have it spring back into position. For home use and for troubleshooting you can have the rake lifted away from the cc-16 permanently with some folded paper, that way no coins are rejected.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
They don't get gummed up, the counterweight is to heavy and slows coins down to much. I run all my machines on tokens and all those dampers have the weight removed because tokens are to light.

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
Thanks cowboy. I will try that as well.

Appreciate all the help with this. Great forum and insight. Can wait to get home and try. I will post pics of the machine as well.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 06:55:51 PM »
There is a small set screw to the left side of the comparitor where the sample coin is positioned. It may need turned in slightly to widen the path that the coin goes through.

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »
ok, tweaking the rake and removing the counter weight screw did the trick.  went through about $100 in nickels without a single jam.  i do have another issue but will post that in the appropriate section.  see attached pics of slot...

any info on what i have would be appreciated so i can better describe any further challenges i come across... 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »
You've got an old S slot, nice machine

Offline milandjr

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 08:17:04 AM »
thanks cowboy games...  just an S not an S+?  not that i know the difference the previous owner told me it was an S+.

these things are a blast!  Now i need to get the payouts right (started another post about what i am seeing) and then figure out options for the progressive...

then buy more slots!   :dancing_2:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:54 AM »
Based on coin head, MPU location and no BV, I would say S, but when S+ first came out there were some similarities between the 2. Also, your wire harness appears to plug directly into the MPU, S+ you could unplug the MPU without having to unplug all the harness plugs first

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 09:44:08 AM »
It's an S+ since the MPU is on the left wall ... the S model will be on back wall.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »
So then they went to the back wall again for later S+ models?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal