New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: repair guide 502/504 board with varta battery damage  (Read 13846 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: repair guide 502/504 board with varta battery damage
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 12:08:12 PM »
When using this cleaner, do you need to use a cleaning brush with it, like a tooth brush or other nylon cleaning brush?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mikec200

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mikec200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »
You could I suppose, but would really be dependant on how fragile any effected traces are. I simply wiped down the area with a microfiber cloth, sprayed the cleaner, let it dry, and re wiped the area with the microfiber cloth and my issues went away. Being an aerosol its going to have some cleaning force on its own during application as well.

Offline mikec200

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
Update: just about 1/2 way thru a week since the fix and its still working fine.

Offline mikec200

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 06:01:11 AM »
Over a week since I removed the damaged varta and cleaned up the board with the QD cleaner and still going strong.  Another piece of advice is if you clearly have damage to a trace you could try repairing the trace with a solder trace pen.  Its easier then soldering a wire between the points the trace previously connected and is an easy fix for small breaks.

Offline Fatboypros

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Fatboypros New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Thehawk07

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Thehawk07 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 08:37:46 PM »
Hello Everyone, Iv been reading this post trying to figure out this board. This is my first time on an s2000, I tested the 8 sets of traces and trying to figure out which is bad. I have a digital multimeter and set to the one I believe is what I need. From 1 to 8 this is what I get.

1. U60-pin 9 to U69-pin 33 meter goes from 1 to 000
2. U60-Pin 7 to U69-pin29 meter goes from 1 to 000
3. Eyelet R86 to U15-pin 3 meter goes from 1 to 1100 and fluctuates.
4. Eyelet Close to D9 to U69-pin26 meter goes from 1 to 000
5. Eyelet R65 to J8-pin 1 meter goes from 1 to 1600 and fluctuates.
6. U83-pin 14 to U69-pin 37 meter goes from 1 to 000
7. U83-pin 11 to u69-pin 37 meter goes from 1 to 000
8. u83-pin 9 to U69-pin 7 meter goes from 1 to 000

From there I am thinking that trace 3 and 5 are my problems. If they are, how do I fix it. Jim if you can help I'm trying to go by your information you shared. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 01:20:31 PM »
the traces are so small and have very little content it is extremely difficult to just solder a wire on to the trace and repair, you have to follow the traces back to a component or pad, then attach a jumper from that point to the other component or pad.

very time consuming,  sometimes you have success and other times not so much.

other people have tried other methods to repair, one involved removing 10 chips and installing a switch to jumper the interrogate signal, others have place those jumper leads to not used pins and eventually connected them to the cherry switch, bypassing the optics.

there are some people who will repair these boards. do a fantastic job, if you can't get yours running you may want to contact NLG member "lookes"  he can preform magic with these boards, very professional individual.

Hope this helps.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline freddie200

• Reputation Power: 6
  • freddie200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2023, 03:24:16 PM »
need help folled jim,s diagrams and notes all seem to be good on his list of 8 to check

i think i found my problem
the chip at c86 is missing  on my 502 board
see pic

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »
It will run without C86. It's just a power supply bypass capacitor for U82 in the comm circuits.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline freddie200

• Reputation Power: 6
  • freddie200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2023, 12:30:52 AM »
Thanx for info
I must have another problem
Took a board out of my double diamond no issues
This board I get close main door  erro
Thanx freddie200

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal