New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coinless S+  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Coinless S+
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
I was asked, how I went about getting my S+ coin less. Well I will tell ya. Here Goes.
Notice...This How-To is based on the assumption your are already familiar with your machine and how to go about setting it up I won't be going in to all the details of that aspect. There are plenty of tutorials on how to this available on this site.

I am going to start with the software and setup, as this requires no optional hardware modifications.
What you will need is a game chip that supports 0000 hopper limit. Most cases SP1271 works well and that is what I will go by here. You will also need a set chip (I use set-88) a clear chip, just in case, and a copy of the PSR for the game and set chip you are going to use. As always no credits on the machine.
If you are comfortable with clearing your machine I recommend it, and doing this 1st.
if not skip to .01

.01  Set-xx settings (I will use set-88) settings that I use
       Communication type: IGT SAS {2}
       Address: 001
       Bill Pay Mode: self-test selectable {1}
       Bill Acceptor : Enabled {1}
       EFT: enabled {1}
       SAS Bonusing: enabled{1} (if supported)
       Denomination:  user preference (mine is penny for ease of credits)
Note*Denomination is required
         Bill validator is required to add credits unless you can add credits through SAS.

Once done re-install game chip and continue.

.02  SPxxxx (I will be using SP1271)I will cover important settings, rest are preference.
       Credit Mode  <0>[5]: player-initiated noncredit{2}
       Bill Acceptor Pay Mode <0>[8]: convert bills to credits{1}
       EFT  Display <0>[11]: enabled{1}
       Hand Pay  Display <0>[13]: enabled{1}
       Jackpot to Credit  Display <0> [43]: SAS auth not required{2}
       Special Partial Pay  >0>[78]: disabled{0}
       Hopper Limit  <7>[1]: 0000
       Credit Limit  <7>[3]: 9999
       Partial Pay Amount  <8> 0000

At this point close your door add a dollar or so, then cash out. It should go to hand pay. If not recheck your settings. If it works, clear with jackpot key, then continue on if you like.

That's it for settings, and at this point you can still use you coins, but the following hardware modification will put an end to coins.
Power Off Machine.
 Unplug and remove your CC and mounting bracket.
 You will need the 12 pin connector, or use another to avoid chopping this one up.
 I cut the 12 pin connector off leaving enough wire to re-attach if needed.
 looking down on connector with ridges oriented to the left, you will need 4 wires.
  pin #2 Orange w/black stripe
       #4 Orange w/red stripe
       #6 Orange w/ yellow stripe
       #10 Green
Strip those 4 wires back, and twist them together Use electrical tape or heat shrink tube to cover exposed wires. Rest of the wires I just cover the ends. you can clean it up any way you like.
Plug your new jumper back into the 12 pin plug in the machine. Turn it on and check for any codes.
If none congrats you have done it!!
The rest is purely cosmetic I will remove hopper, unplug it, the rest of the coin chutes, and the coin tray.

While all the info to do this is available on this and the old site, the credit is not mine alone. I have done many hours of searching, piecing bits together, and experimenting to accomplish what I was wanting to do. Thanks goes out to NLG for this site, and the many members who unknowingly contributed to putting this together.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:20:40 PM by Crash0 »
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline spudgunman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • spudgunman New User has no influence.
  • Spud
Re: Coinless S+
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »
nice.. I think you actually NEED  SP1271 because it has the credit and hopper limits where older software will not have this.. so upgrade to  SP1271 if you want to make this work.

This is how I run my machine, I did two other things I didnt short the wires for "free play" but I have the hopper limit set to 40 for "$10 in coin payout" just so i have that coin drop noise if I want to show off.

The way I keep kids and accidents from cashing out credits just accidentally is that I ran the cash out "in line with" the service button, since I have no need for a service button I just jumper-ed the cashout with it,requiring that cashout and service get pressed simultaniously to make the switch register (keeps little kids from just running the hopper for fun)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Coinless S+
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »
I just have too many machines to deal with that much coin. for myself, just easier to eliminate it all together.
I have a few different machines that can do the whole coin drop thing.
I like the Cash out idea though, may have to try that.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal