New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Red Screen of Death Error on Vision  (Read 4859 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Red Screen of Death Error on Vision
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »
A couple weeks ago I got this error and it would not go away. I change the game chip from Good Times to Pinball and it booted up. Today I got it again at boot. This time I reseated the main board and the I/O boards and it booted up. Pretty strange. I'm sure someone has had this before and can share info.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:23:18 AM by therockinelvis »
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline bondoexpress

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bondoexpress New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Red Screen of Death Error on Vision
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »
Do you have enough memory in the LCD sometimes that will be different  for some games or the RFA needs to be changed what are you using now

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »
I changed the board with a known good one and everything is back to normal. After checking that I checked the battery on the problem board. It was down to 2.4, so I replaced it with new battery and now it is good to go. Battery was not low enough to put error message up, just the red screen.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:58:25 PM »
OK the Red screen came back and won't go away. I put the board and data card in another machine and it booted fine. That rules out the board and card. I checked and reseated every plug and I/O card on the machine. Even changed the vision wiring harness. The only thing I can think of to try is changing the battery in the monitor. I remember on the old site people being told to check that battery but, of course when you look for it you can't find it. Anyone think it might be in that battery?

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »
OK, I finally got it. That little cr2032 battery in the monitor was the problem. Supposed to have 3 vdc, it had .55vdc. Changed battery, very simple no soldering just slipped it in. Fired it up and updated the side slot with RFA file card. Seven little screws hold the cover on. Then the battery is right there. While you are in there clean all the dust from the fan and heatsinks and any where you find it.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
Oh yea, Thank-You-Thank-You-Very-Much. TCB

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
Update. Error kept coming back. If machine was bumped at all, like even pushing the bet button it would happen. Problem ended up being the Mother Board. Apparently it was not making a good connection when MPU slid into it. After changing, not another problem.

UPDATE 3 years later all still good.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:34:32 PM by therockinelvis »

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal