New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE+ upright Poker - NEED Help! Also where is the Self Test button located?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline dgalvin66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • dgalvin66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG

Hello;
I just bought 2 IGT PE+ Upright Poker machines. They need major cleaning and have some operating issues. There are no keys for either machine (I have ordered 2 sets of new locks with keys & also the #2341 keys for the reset. I have downloaded EVERY manual I could find for these but there are still some that I have not found listed YET.
1st:   I need to find out is where the Self Test Button (little white button I keep reading about).
2nd:  I need to know how to open the system board cover on the bottom left of the machine. It has a large black know on it. I just do not want to try pulling the wrong way and break it.
3rd:   Replacing the LOW Battery.
4th:   Repair or replace the broken wire for the door optic sensor.
5th:   I have no idea yet....

Machine 1:
   Model No. B 1070C
   Descp.PE PLUS POKER
   Date MFD. 5/89
   SERIAL NUMBER:184820
   Sticker on the SystemBoard cover:TRAY 359713101REV 01
When I turn it on the screen is VERY dim and dark but I can make out "OUT OF SERVICE" on the screen.  What does this mean and what should I do to change it?
I have not gone any further with it. I powered it off after about 1 or 2 minutes.

Machine 2:
   SERIAL NUMBER:188066
   Sticker on the SystemBoard cover:TRAY5971310123REV C
When powered on the screen says "Call Attendant" & "Battery Low".  The screen seems to be fine at this point. I turned it off after a few minutes and left it.

Sorry about all the pictures being sideways. They are correct on my computer. I tried fixing them a few times.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG

Pictures of Machine 2
Tell me what other pictures to post that will help.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
David

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Machine 1 Inside 1 Picture

1st - The little white button is located just above the two large molex connectors ... left side front.

2nd - Grab the black round handle and pull straight up. Sometimes you have to put a little force behind it.

3rd - Once you get the board out it will be a green and white battery on the board.

4th - Replace .. if it was me.

5th - You will after you are done.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG

Thank you so very much. I see that now. When I looked I must have thought it was a screw instead.
I will see what I can do with them later on.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG

So it seems that pressing the test button will not do anything unless I have the reset key. Need to buy a new battery for it. I think I will run downtown to the Gamblers Supply Store on Main Street and see if I can get one there.
I am hoping that the reset key I ordered works on these machines and that I will get these working.
What is the best way to clean up the inside of the machines?
I did get the systemboard cover open and here are some pictures of the board from Machine 2. Can any one tell me if this is a regular PE+ or the PE+ Super board?
Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
I believe your mpu is the regular board, a superboard will have 2 eproms in sockets near the CMOS ram chip. They will be labeled PROGRAM and DATA on the board. Your board just has one socketed eprom labeled GM0. Also, when you power it up if it goes directly to the poker game then the game software is a single game setup, you can't play other poker games on it unless you replace the game software chips. On a superboard when you power the machine up the game software will show a menu screen of 5 different games to choose from.

Here is a picture of PE+ superboard:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:15:42 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
So it seems that pressing the test button will not do anything unless I have the reset key.
That's not an accurate statement.  However, you mentioned that you need a battery -- you are pretty much stuck until you replace the battery, if you currently have a Low Battery message on the screen.

As you work on getting these machines up and running, if you run into any complications I would suggest starting a second thread for machine #2, otherwise it's going to potentially get very confusing as you post pictures of two different machines with (potentially) two different issues.

I believe your mpu is the regular board, a superboard will have 2 eproms in sockets near the CMOS ram chip. They will be labeled PROGRAM and DATA on the board.
Correct, mostly.  A superboard can run non-superboard games with just the PROGRAM chip in place and the DATA socket empty.  The way you can tell a superboard vs. a standard board is the presence of the DATA socket next to the PROGRAM socket.  No DATA socket?  It's a standard board.

On a superboard when you power the machine up the game software will show a menu screen of 5 different games to choose from.
Only if a multi-poker chipset (or wingboard) is installed.  Superboards can run both superboard and standard-board single-game chipsets, too.

To that end, a single game setup does not necessarily mean that there's a standard board installed.  However, a multi-game setup means that there absolutely is a superboard in there.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG

Thank you both for that information.
I do think I should clean the machines up on the inside and make sure that there are no coins lodged any where, very doubtful since they are both setup for tournament and have not seen a coin in many years. What is the best way to clean them without causing any damage?
I think that I have gotten all of the information I needed out of this thread.
Once I have the new batteries installed and other parts that I am waiting on show up I can get started and will start new threads for each as I work thru them.
David

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal