New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New owner with flashing blue screen please help!!!  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Jhvygr2

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Jhvygr2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New owner with flashing blue screen please help!!!
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »
Hello everybody let me start off by saying I am new to posting here but everyone is so awesome with helping I couldn't resist joining up lol. I want to say ahead of time thank you to everyone for your help, I have never posted here but I have read through a lot on here and you guys have been the best help ever and so informative.

Now on to the problem. I recently purchased a slant top Game Maker I believe its a 7200?? Anyways it would power on and boot fine/let me go into all the games ect but would not give credits for bills or coins.(However bill acceptor would take the bills fine same ad coin acceptor). The previous owner told me the bill validator and coind validator had both just been changed but the machine was never reset. He gave me a p-10 clear chip and I tried to clear but after putting the clear in p-10 and dips 7and8 up the screen would only show "reset dip switches, restart machine" I never got any menus or any other messages. So I proceeded to shut down, removed clear chip and reset dips back to off restarted and still no menus or anything. So I tried to do a clear today with all section 1 dips up with clear chip in p-10 and I also removed the battery jumper for 30 seconds before re-installing everything. I powered up and now I only have a blue screen that flashes with a small white rectangle in the top left corner of the screen. I have checked the battery voltage and its reading a steady 3.6V so I believe it is still good. I have even taken out the clear chip and switched all dips back to off but I am still just getting the blue flashing screen :( I am thinking maybe the clear chip was no good since it wouldn't let me get into the menus but I am not sure. I will try to post some pictures too. Thank you guys and have a great day.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
Re: New owner with flashing blue screen please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
Here is a pic of the machine and of the screen right before the fashing blue screen clear. I dont know if it is any good info for you guys but the bottom right corner of the screen did say "power reset" before the clear that made the blue screen.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
I think I am running 24 mains too if that helps.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
Since I am having trouble loading some more pics I will add some info.

M0 main is V7M1002F0004-24
M1 main is V7M4002F0004-24

G0 is V7G10000004-10
G1 is V7G20000004-10

I hope that will help for a little bit until I can get more pictures to load.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »
Also I did run a check on my power supply and it does seem to be putting out the right voltages too just FYI.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »
Here is what the screen looks like now.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know the problem is solved. It appears that I was givin a bad clear chip. Got a new one today and she cleared perfectly. My only question now is that my DBV 200 is taking in the bills right but not giving credits to the machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 05:50:49 PM »
Is it just taking bills and not doing anything, or is it spitting out the coins?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
Its taking the bills just not giving any credits on the screen. In the diagnostics menu under bill acceptor test it sais

BILL ACCEPTOR STATE
repeat message 10

BILL ACCEPTOR PROTOCOL
invalid protocol

BILL METER
"BLANK:

DENOMINATION
25c

Communication Device Error

I just did a clear today and have it set up as a jcm dbv. It is a dbv 200 but thats about all I know. I am also not sure if it ever worked to begin with as I am the new owner of the machine. Oh and bill validator has "red" lights showing on the inside where bill goes but like I said it does take the bills fine I just dont get any credits for them lol.

Offline Jhvygr2

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »
Hey just wanted to add some more info. The dbv200 is a 44/45, does anyone know if i should be running dip switch 10 off or on with the dbv200? I know if off its supposed to be a 44 and on its a 45 but I dont know what it should be for my game maker. I also just got the coin validator up and running along with the hopper assembly and my only problem is that on a payout I am getting over pay of about 1-3 quarters per 10 coin payout and about 4-7 quarters extra per 20 coin payout. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look for to remedy this problem?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal