New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE+ Interface 320-340 Board  (Read 3288 times)

Offline memusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • memusa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
PE+ Interface 320-340 Board
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »
Hi to everyone, I have a Pe+ 320 board, running this game "PP0265" with all the corresponding Characters (CG2003) and a cap 904.Game working and no problems at all. A friend of mine got me a adapter board called "Prestige Solution Interface 320-340 BRD."Apparently this board allows you to run software with data Prom like it is a 340 Board. So I started to work on the board to place this, had to desolder  U55 and U56 and put a couple of IC sockets in order to snap in the board,  The situation  now is that I tried a Multipoker set (XMP00006 and XM00007P) with the corresponding characters (CG2233) and the screen I get is a "Bad Data Eprom". This multipoker set is tested in a 340 board and is working, also I tried the original cap for this multigame which is a CAPX2174 and i get the same message on screen. I cleared the game using the IVC006 clear chip set, process was ok. Has anyone had work with this type of boards before? Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thanks in adavnce.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:03:30 PM by memusa »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: PE+ Interface 320-340 Board
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:47 PM »
I'd start by double-checking the solder pads and traces where you unsoldered and soldered on the board. It is easy to pull a pad or break a trace on some older circuit boards and it just takes one to cause a failure. Make a close inspection on both sides of the main board.

Can you remove the piggy-back board and reinstall the original game chips, see if the mpu board still works?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »
I did replace the components that originally the board had, it works. It's just when trying to run a game with a data Prom.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
ok, that's good, I reread your first posting a couple of times but didn't come away with that info, but I'm tired from working most of the day so it may just be me.

I've not worked with one of these piggy-back boards but there may be others here later tonight that know about them, so stay tuned. It's possible the piggy-back board is bad, does your friend know the history on it, was it said to be working? Was their any paperwork that came with the board? What about that empty socket at U1?

As as aside, do you know about the "superboards" that often come up for sale for the PE+ machines? They allow multi-game software to run, a menu comes up with something like 5 different games to choose from. The boards aren't that costly and you can upgrade your machine with one of them.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
Some pictures of the bases for IC i placed.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 06:23:52 PM »
yep, looks good.  When you unsoldered and removed U55 and U56 chips did they come off the board cleanly, no pulled pads or traces on the topside of the board?

(also, those "bases" are called sockets).

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
Yes, I do have some of those 340 boards, is just that it will be nice to update some of my 320 boards sitting around.  :stirthepot:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »
Agreed, always nice to upgrade a working older board. I haven't seen a drawing of the piggy back board but assume that it picks up +5 power, ground and address/data lines from the 2 sockets you added that it connects to.

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:25 PM »
It snaps in the Data, the Program sockets, U55 and U54 I had to add sockets to snap in. On the top sockets in this piggy board is where you put the PGM, Data and the Ram.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 06:40:51 PM »
And the CAPX rom chip, it stays on the main board?

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
yes, it stays in the main board.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:39 PM »

Also, on the piggy back board it says U53 and U54 get sockets added on the main board, not U55 and U56??

Offline memusa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 06:57:52 PM »
yes, I'm considering now that works with a specific 320 board REV number. I also noticed that. in the interface board i have the same ic that i had to desolder, which are a couple of CD74HC138E. This was done to make the piggy board more firm when it snaps in by design i guess. It also has a Atmel ATF16V8B-15PC, what I found in tha data sheet... The ATF16V8BQL provides edge-sensing low-power PLD solution with low standby power consumption (5mA typical). The ATF16V8BQL powers down automatically to the low-power mode through the Input Transition Detection (ITD) circuitry when the device is idle

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal