New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 3802 board  (Read 3752 times)

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • oldgeiser1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT 3802 board
« on: July 21, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »
Are all privilege keys for the 3802 board keyed alike, similar to a reset key?
If so, I would like to buy one if anyone has one available.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT 3802 board
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »
I think you can get that lock at hardware stores. Far as I know it's just a standard type cam lock. A mail box may work too and sometimes they're cheaper. If I'm wrong, someone else will correct me.
I'd remove that one first and bring it with you to match the length.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »
Don't think so.  The lock has contacts like a reset key but is not spring loaded, has to remain in the 'turned' position while making changes in the privilege mode.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »
Can you post a picture showing the part of the lock where it meets the mpu board?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »
Not a simple lock.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »
There's no locking cam on that, so it is a keyswitch, has 2 wires connected at the rear. Looks like the actual tray lock to prevent removal of mpu would go in the empty hole next to this "privilege" keyswitch.

I would think an ordinary reset keyswitch would work. Just remove this privilege keyswitch and install a reset keyswitch that uses the 2341 key. They make reset keyswitches that do not have a spring to return-to-home position, so you can turn them and they will stay until you turn them back. It's just an open or closed type of switch, activated by the key.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »
I did not know that, the only reset's I have encountered were spring loaded, thanks.

So that's what I need, should work fine.  Now I need to find one.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »
Back a few years ago you could get both styles of reset keyswitches from Rudy's. But I'm not sure if they are still selling parts anymore, plus I didn't see the non-spring style on their website a few minutes ago. ebay probably has them, and maybe one of the parts folks here too. If you didn't need the key operation for safety/security then you could mount any toggle ON-OFF switch in that hole. It's a little odd there is no labeling on the tray near the switch, saying something like "Privilege Mode ON" and "OFF".

Here's a couple of examples of a keyswitch that is not spring loaded, but I can't tell if it has a flat side to prevent it from twisting in the mounting hole. I suppose if it was tightened well enough that wouldn't be a problem. Also, you'd probably want to verify size of keyswitch against your tray mounting hole. If you do some searching online they are often called an ON-OFF key switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Set-Key-Switch-OFF-ON-Lock-Metal-Toggle-Lock-Security-KS-02-Electronic-New/401225949955?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44757%26meid%3D8ffc24cd391d4b679e098afb47af8fe9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D222395989330

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Key-Switch-ON-OFF-Lock-KS-02-KS02-Electronic-With-Keys/282284390040?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44757%26meid%3D9c0e5da28ab24bd1acb4c97ebb7286dd%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D401225949955
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:44:02 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »
Here's a low-cost ON-OFF keyswitch from Mouser that is not spring-loaded, it has the flat sides and is less than $3 (plus shipping). If you look at their datasheet it covers several models, the part number I saw that looks like it would work fine electrically (you'd want to verify the physical size for the hole it goes in) is KO131 but there are probably others.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E-Switch/KO131A102/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt3hSNP33T8%2fOcZFSqxE%252bkScVm2lLs2hnI%3d

(click to enlarge)

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »
How lucky am I?  Went and looked at some machines that I haven't looked at yet and there in an older Game King is just what I needed, just hadn't gotten around to shopping it out yet to notice it.

:thank_you:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »
How lucky am I?  Went and looked at some machines that I haven't looked at yet and there in an older Game King is just what I needed, just hadn't gotten around to shopping it out yet to notice it.

:thank_you:

You mean it had the key that fit, or a key and a keyswitch that will work? I'm still wondering about your original question, if all of these type machines used the same key for that switch.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »
Some software for the 3802 did not use a keychip (17 or 22 even 5).  You had to open the door, press the test switch to enter the
operator menu, turn the key to the extra lock to enter the keychip or 'privilege' menu.  My original question was, were all privilege
locks keyed the same, like reset keys, or did each operator have their own individual key.
When the key was turned, it had to stay in that position to stay in the privilege menu.
I found a reset lock on an old game king that was not spring loaded, so I put it in the 3802 board to use as the privilege lock.
Works.

Offline dgalvin66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • dgalvin66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 11:54:12 PM »
You could just use an automotive toggle switch in its place and never worry about a key. At least that is what I would do.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »
Yes, that would work.

I see that you have some PSR's available.  Do you have G176, Wheel of Fortune?

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 03:13:41 AM »
Yes I do. Here it is.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
Some software for the 3802 did not use a keychip (17 or 22 even 5).  You had to open the door, press the test switch to enter the
operator menu, turn the key to the extra lock to enter the keychip or 'privilege' menu.  My original question was, were all privilege
locks keyed the same, like reset keys, or did each operator have their own individual key.
When the key was turned, it had to stay in that position to stay in the privilege menu.
I found a reset lock on an old game king that was not spring loaded, so I put it in the 3802 board to use as the privilege lock.
Works.

The ones I have seen had the same key.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »
Yes I do. Here it is.

Thanks but that's just accounting information, not the PSR.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
Sorry about that. I believe this is the correct file.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »
Thank you.  Strange thing is, the PSR shows simms, my software is all EPROMS.  It also does not list which keychip to use which
most of the ones I have seen do.  Being non-simm, and the 17 and 22 keychips didn't work, I assumed it was 3802 software that
required the privilege key, that didn't work either.  Don't know how the sound chip would have been mounted on a 3802 board unless
there is a sound board that can be mounted, as there is no place on the 3802 to mount a sound chip, this PSR calls for a 3902 board.
I'm baffled.  Need to get into the program somehow as it is not set at the highest percentage payback by default, and if the PSR applies that you posted, the max bet is not the default either.
Suggestions anyone?

:Scratch-Head:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 02:51:07 PM »
Could someone have replaced the original 3902 mpu board with this 3802 instead, put the software into eprom, and it works for the most part but not exactly? What machine is the 3802 board usually used on?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal